Can I reset my character?

murples

I really messed up my start with this game. I mined pretty much all the resources in my tile on sanctuary to be able to afford a ship. I spent about 500k on a ship and then crashed it instantly and got it stuck. Not sure what to do now because I don't know how to make money other than mining, I can't mine because there's no underground ores left on my tile, and since my ship is stuck I can't go anywhere.

Is there a way I can dismantle my ship and rebuild it without losing any of the materials? My character is really far from a market so I don't want to walk 20km to a market and back just to rebuild it. I still have the blueprint for the basic speeder I got after the tutorial, but I don't have the materials to build it. And even if I wanted to buy the materials I don't know how to make much more money because my tile has almost no resources left.

So I'm stuck and I don't know how to continue. If there's no way to rebuild the ship I bought is there atleast a way I can reset my character entirely so I can start again from the beginning and get a new tile?

9 minutes ago, Megaddd said:

Ask a nice Samaritan to help you out with your predicament.

If nobody shows up after maintenance, add me in-game, I'll see what I can do. This is solvable with gameplay.

Okay, next time I log in I'll ask for help. 

Just curious though, since you say this is solvable through gameplay, what would you say the solution is? Just someone donating me the materials or is there a way I can claim a new tile to make more money?

I hadn't done the institution tutorials yet (I was on my way to them when I crashed my ship actually) so I don't yet really know what options I have to progress in the game other than mining. 

Its probably easier if u get some help, but you could do this on your own. If you're on the sanctuary moon you need to get back to a market where you can fly back to alioth. There you can mine on every free tile to get some money. Or if it isn't bugged, u get 100k a day just for loggin in.

If the maket is too far to walk, you could just reset your resurection pod, make sure your inventory is empty (you loose everything when force respawning) and force respawn.

If you dont have enough money to buy a speeder on alioth, i could buy something overpriced for like 100k from you, have some pretty nice cashflow atm xD

Also btw im pretty sure you can disassemble whats left from your crashed ship