Is this game a con?

Guest Bogg

Is this Game a con as I would not know , the game is down or up but cant even push a button due to lagg then get disconnected wait in a line of 1400 to rejoin get to 40 server has been disconnected rejoin same .

Is there a game in this pile  or is the game to try and find one .

I think after 5 days maybe there is no game at all just log in ping pong .

First of all to assume malice over incompetence say a lot about yourself as a person.

That said. No. The game is not a 'con', I've been playing fine with minor issues that were not too distracting for the past two weeks.
They are just really running into many unexpected issues at certain points of the system from the player count, that were not there before in Alpha because of much lower player numbers.

Just accept that this is a Real Beta, where things actually break and not work sporadically, and not the kind of "Beta" that Fortnite was in until it made its first billion dollars.

Not being able to get into the game for 5 days has to be incredibly aggravating and I see why your brain would go to "con" but watching streamers on twitch might give you a bit of hope, this game is actually real, just rather a mess it seems. I have gotten into the game twice now in the last few days but it is a real struggle to get in. I too seem to pingpong with login errors and it is frustrating. I know new games have issues though and I need to be patient. I haven't though before paid to be in a beta that is this broken. I might have to see if I can get a refund and try again in a few months. 

The members of my ORG on Discord, which includes Alpha backers, Alpha backer Beta key accounts and some beta subscribers, aren't clamouring much in Discord about being denied log on, except for the queue length, which is often understandable as everyone scrambles back on after a short server downtime. Loads of other problems, same as everyone else who actually gets in-game, but there definitely seems to be a population for whom "logging on at all" is a problem. Hopefully it's a population with a common denominator that can be identified and fixed.

1 hour ago, Megaddd said:

They are just really running into many unexpected issues at certain points of the system from the player count, that were not there before in Alpha because of much lower player numbers.

Bullshit.. The only difference is that because there are more (paying) players and no NDA now, the backlash is much more visible.

11 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Bullshit.. The only difference is that because there are more (paying) players and no NDA now, the backlash is much more visible.

Exactly, no one can tell anyone how good or bad it was under the NDA period without risking a ban, just because the NDA was lifted doesn’t mean you can talk about it, people are still bound by it and those openly talking about things they shouldn’t are simply playing with fire ? 

With that said, now that the game was released to the general public, of course you are going to see all the bad, there is nothing stopping people from spitting out their opinions, those been real or false, it don’t matter.

44 minutes ago, Anopheles said:

I'm confused, I thought the NDA went with Alpha (but with no showing alpha creations)?

The NDA ended the 26th, so the entire week of soft beta release was still under the NDA and of course everything before that. Anything that happened on that period can’t be discussed openly according to the NDA and the penalties included termination of one’s account (ban)

9 minutes ago, Anopheles said:

Oh, cool, I wasn't on for the soft release.  I have no need to panic.

You are a member since 2016 and you dont know how NDA works? 

Its not the 1st or 2nd time your comments have been reported and deleted. 

Keep stretching your limits and you may find the bad part of NDA.... 

5 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You are a member since 2016 and you dont know how NDA works? 

Its not the 1st or 2nd time your comments have been reported and deleted. 

Keep stretching your limits and you may find the bad part of NDA.... 

I know what a NDA is.  I was just fuzzy about why the  NDA was still being mentioned and asked for clarification. 

Like you should, if uncertain.

I've never been reported (or warned) or told that my comments have been deleted.  So back under the bridge, mate.

1 minute ago, Anopheles said:

I know what a NDA is.  I was just fuzzy about why the  NDA was still being mentioned and asked for clarification. 

Like you should, if uncertain.

I've never been reported (or warned) or told that my comments have been deleted.  So back under the bridge, mate.

I did report you once. Your comment was deleted, and i had confitmation from moderation that every one on that topic got a warning. 

3 hours ago, Guest Bogg said:

Is this Game a con as I would not know , the game is down or up but cant even push a button due to lagg then get disconnected wait in a line of 1400 to rejoin get to 40 server has been disconnected rejoin same .

Is there a game in this pile  or is the game to try and find one .

I think after 5 days maybe there is no game at all just log in ping pong .

I am glad you brought your own brand of insight to a conversation never before discussed on this forum.  Your unique take on the situation was indeed enlightening...........

17 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

I did report you once. Your comment was deleted, and i had confitmation from moderation that every one on that topic got a warning. 

Well, hate to break it to you sport, but I didn't get a warning.   Nice that you report a body rather than say direct so a person can edit out a blunder, but you do you.   And that's only one, btw, if true.

Here's a pic I just took:  oh and since you went into my profile to see when I joined, you nust have seen I had no warning.

Screenshot_20200907-191112_Chrome.jpg

18 minutes ago, Anopheles said:

Well, hate to break it to you sport, but I didn't get a warning.   Nice that you report a body rather than say direct so a person can edit out a blunder, but you do you.   And that's only one, btw, if true.

Here's a pic I just took:  oh and since you went into my profile to see when I joined, you nust have seen I had no warning.

Screenshot_20200907-191112_Chrome.jpg

Alpha backers cant do anything but report. 

We cant directly say anything without also breaking NDA. 

NDA breaking topics need to be deleted. Only mod can do that. 

Everyone seeing NDA being broken should report it.