Sign in to follow this  
CroolisVar

What's the VR Station thing for?

Besides going to pointless, empty in game locations that you can't return from 'cos bugs.

Can I create one at one base and then one at another and virtually go to the other base. Maybe run some machines? Can I do this between planets?

1 hour ago, CroolisVar said:

Besides going to pointless, empty in game locations that you can't return from 'cos bugs.

Can I create one at one base and then one at another and virtually go to the other base. Maybe run some machines? Can I do this between planets?

Surrogate vr allows you to connect to a surrogate pod (given the right permissions) at any distance. 

The downside is that you cant do most actions( mining, interacting with industry, piloting) 

Also you dont have any talents while in surrogate. 

You can however interact with containers, move stuff around, barter for quanta or items(use the markets) . 

Also you lose all items on your inv when you disconnect. 

Yeah I have not seen any real use for them either, since they restrict almost all actions aside from a few, they have very very limited uses. Not useful for market either as they can't keep items, and you have a remote market tool anyway. About the ONLY use I could come up with was moving stuff around in containers for already fully automated assembly lines that you somehow have not yet automated inventory management for. Maybe also for social visits on friends just to say hi in person.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Yeah I have not seen any real use for them either, since they restrict almost all actions aside from a few, they have very very limited uses. Not useful for market either as they can't keep items, and you have a remote market tool anyway. About the ONLY use I could come up with was moving stuff around in containers for already fully automated assembly lines that you somehow have not yet automated inventory management for. Maybe also for social visits on friends just to say hi in person.

You can still use a linked container, to prevent item loss. 

But without talents, the container range is 250m