Why is the performance of this game so inconsistent?

TrainWreckz

Hey all!  I recently subscribed and started playing the game.  But the game has been almost un-playable for me due to the low FPS (5-15 FPS)  When at the hub my FPS sits around 5-10 FPS.  With a lot of the time bringing me down to 1-3 FPS.  While getting 15-25 FPS when out in the wild.  I have all settings set to low and even changed it from auto to manual and bringing my graphics down to 1.  

Here is my specs.
I7-4770
GTX 1080
16GB DDR3
Game is running on an SSD with 100GB free left on the SSD.

I see a lot of other people are having issues too, but a lot of people are doing fine.  For example my friend with the same rig, but with a 1060 is always sitting at around 25 FPS at the hub and 60 FPS in the wild. 

Are you running Windows 10? Do you have disk caching (page file) enabled? Does your friend have more than 16GB RAM?

I'm playing with a 4790k and a GTX 970, I'm having 3-5FPS at the Market, but about 20-30 in the wild. I'd love to know if you have a similar Windows/system setup.

10 minutes ago, Megaddd said:

Are you running Windows 10? Do you have disk caching (page file) enabled? Does your friend have more than 16GB RAM?

I'm playing with a 4790k and a GTX 970, I'm having 3-5FPS at the Market, but about 20-30 in the wild. I'd love to know if you have a similar Windows/system setup.

I do have Windows 10.  I'm not sure about Disk Caching.  Never touched it.

14 minutes ago, Megaddd said:

Just checked, I do have Caching enabled.

Performance in this game highly depends on network data, as opposed to graphics details on other games. 

Being on a heavy populated zone will decrease performance. 

Having network issues will decrease performance. 

Being connected to a failing server instance will decrease performance.