can you, as a single player, claim more than one tile on Sanctuary

CreditCain

Yes, you can.

Get a second email address, pay $20 for another 3-month sub, claim a hex next to your main's hex, and give your main dig permissions.

Additional hexes may be obtained for the same entry fee.

I've done this once so far. I'm tempted to do it more.

7 hours ago, Ambaire said:

Yes, you can.

Get a second email address, pay $20 for another 3-month sub, claim a hex next to your main's hex, and give your main dig permissions.

Additional hexes may be obtained for the same entry fee.

I've done this once so far. I'm tempted to do it more.

However be warned, that permissions in this game is one of the most convoluted, and poorly conceived systems I've ever seen in a video game. Hell EVE's ORIGINAL rights and permissions system was better than this. You can eventually get it to work, but expect visible frustration and throwing of household objects while working towards that goal. Friend actually quit the game because he got so pissed off trying to get it to work.

10 hours ago, CreditCain said:

As title says. If yes then how? I keep finding ore on the border of my tile and cannot touch it.

The answer is no.
Each player account can only have one territory for each sanctuary moon (only one right now)

But it's not against the rules to have more player accounts.

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

that permissions in this game is one of the most convoluted, and poorly conceived systems I've ever seen in a video game

huh? it couldn't be simpler.

See what tag your territory unit has
Create an RDMS policy, add the unit tag, search for and add player name(s), add what rights you want to share.

Done.

Took me about 2min to figure it out and I watched zero tutorials.

39 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

The answer is no.
Each player account can only have one territory for each sanctuary moon (only one right now)

But it's not against the rules to have more player accounts.

This partially incorrect, each player starts with 1 STU and one only but the wrecks had STU’s on their loot tables and those are still around. I still have 5 of those specific ones and they can be traded and/or sold in the market. First one after the free one cost 160k Quantas to place, 400k for the one after that, etc. As far as I saw there is no limit on how many I could place. 

2 hours ago, Iorail said:

This partially incorrect, each player starts with 1 STU and one only but the wrecks had STU’s on their loot tables and those are still around. I still have 5 of those specific ones and they can be traded and/or sold in the market. First one after the free one cost 160k Quantas to place, 400k for the one after that, etc. As far as I saw there is no limit on how many I could place. 

Have you tried to place the 2nd STU? 

2 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Not exactly, as a solo player you can have many more, by training the org talents and set up a one man org...

Oh, well thats nice!

People here on the forum told me 16 was the max....

So how many is the real maximum allowed cores per player?

On 9/7/2020 at 5:08 AM, Ambaire said:

Create an RDMS policy, add the unit tag, search for and add player name(s), add what rights you want to share.

Done.

You mean if it works. Sadly the rights fail to activate a lot and tickeds do not help. Specially when you deploy organizational cores it can get messy

On 9/6/2020 at 10:08 PM, Ambaire said:

Done.

*chuckles* No, it isn't. And none of those permissions actually work currently. It's convoluted as hell. I could make the whole damn thing be on a single UI window and require nothing more than a few click and a name input. Currently it's 4 windows and 3 menus deeps, NOTHING about that is "simple".

On 9/7/2020 at 11:18 AM, Iorail said:

How do you think I know the price for the second and third? I never placed the third and the second one I destroy trying to remove it.

So glad you posted this I was going to try and remove my only STU to continue the tutorial. Obviously not going to try now. :)

On 9/7/2020 at 1:45 AM, Valhalla said:

However be warned, that permissions in this game is one of the most convoluted, and poorly conceived systems I've ever seen in a video game. Hell EVE's ORIGINAL rights and permissions system was better than this. You can eventually get it to work, but expect visible frustration and throwing of household objects while working towards that goal. Friend actually quit the game because he got so pissed off trying to get it to work.

I would disagree, this is actually one of the most comprehensive RDMS systems ever in a video game.  The ability to add granular rights to even specific object within a ship is incredible BUT the UI is not the best and some of the functionality is bugged.  If you work with the core tools (the RDMS settings NOT the premade options) it is extremely powerful.  Once i got my head around it and set up a good set of core perms it was quite easy to use.

To the OP - my suggestion is get of sanc moon and see the universe, go claim something on Alioth where you can mine anything unclaimed.  The terri unit costs 200k, hit me up in game and I will sponsor you a terri.

On 9/9/2020 at 9:27 PM, Valhalla said:

*chuckles* No, it isn't. And none of those permissions actually work currently. It's convoluted as hell. I could make the whole damn thing be on a single UI window and require nothing more than a few click and a name input. Currently it's 4 windows and 3 menus deeps, NOTHING about that is "simple".

Sadly the simple part of it seems buggy (adding perms via right click etc) but if you work in the RDMS menu and use those setting they are really solid, got some brilliant perms setting sorted for our freelance players (who might only have access to a certain container etc)