How can I go about a refund request?

ToothlessRaider

Nothing against the developers, but I was not expecting an Alpha game.  I thought the game was an actual Beta.  But this is an Open Alpha at best.  2 days of Pending Operation and a broken tutorial so I dont even know what to do or where to even begin.   I am not looking to bug hunt and stress test another early access alpha, having just wasted alot of time in a few alphas.  I was prepared for a Beta, that needed some fine tuning and optimization.   But this is a bit more alpha than I was lead to believe.  I thought it was a working Beta.

I wish the devs well, but I would like to know how I can go about requesting a refund please?  And thanks.

Just now, RhenKhanhar said:

My lovely friend. The beta is part of testing. You are not supposed to play. You are supposed to test, nothing more.

if thats 100% true they should not be charging a subscription.  The semi recent trend of the last 10 years or so of charging testers for entry to beta is one thing, and bad enough, but a subscription for a beta as shaky as this is just wrong.  

9 minutes ago, RhenKhanhar said:

My lovely friend. The beta is part of testing. You are not supposed to play. You are supposed to test, nothing more.

I cant even test, unless you mean test my patience?  Log in, Pending action for the next hour.   Get disconnected.  Wait for 600 to 900 people to log back in before me, just to do it again.

When I bought games like Dead Matter, Survive the Nights, I knew those were early access closed alphas, and I was cool with that.  When I bought Fallout 76 Beta, I knew it was mostly done.

I dont even have this game, but a time use only, and my time in the game is bugged.

Tutorial doesnt work.

Crafting doesnt work 90% of the time.

Cant mine 80% of the time

Sorry, the video I saw advertised made this seem like it was a working and enjoyable beta.   

Games usually have a Pre Alpha>Alpha>Beta>Release Candidate>Release.  This feels more like an alpha.  If this is supposed to be test only, then sell me the game, Not a time share of the game.   Anyway, could you maybe direct me to a location of how to apply for my refund?  You replied to my thread, but you ignored my question completely.

I dont understand why ppl dont wait couple days or week or month or two months before they pay for game and see how its going from those who did pay and then pay if they feel like its good time. Would think everyone knows first month of any big flood of ppl cant be bad. If you choose to pay first month of any game there is chance it doesnt work perfectly right away not even actual releases are smooth always.

1 hour ago, Amethys said:

I dont understand why ppl dont wait couple days or week or month or two months before they pay for game and see how its going from those who did pay and then pay if they feel like its good time. Would think everyone knows first month of any big flood of ppl cant be bad. If you choose to pay first month of any game there is chance it doesnt work perfectly right away not even actual releases are smooth always.

Because in a single shard game like this there is no way to ever catch up with those people that started on day one (especially here where some poor design decisions made it alot worse).

Hi do they refund? The  game  for me is totally unplayable so much stuttering I cannot even complete the tutorial? I can’t even move the character  with all the freeze frames and stutters like no other game I thought SC was bad omg this is ridiculous compared to that game 

my specs are old but I thought it would be playable 

i5 4690

RX 580 4gb

32 gb ram

samsung evo nvme m.2

If anyone knows any workaround or fixes please let me know

On 9/6/2020 at 1:18 PM, Amethys said:

Because they sold the game under false info

Devs post  requirements https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002021534-System-requirements vs what the store page says https://www.dualuniverse.game/buy   

System requirements on store page

hA1WeB1.png

vs what the actual requirements are

OVZyPXi.png

So I am not saying this is a scam, but this is definitely a case of people buying a game with wrong info.  And wait a few weeks?  I am paying a time share to play, I am not waiting weeks for a game I paid to enjoy today.     Here is the trailer I watched that lead me to buying the game.  this looks and sounds like a polished game.  Its not what I was sold.  Been 5 days with no reply from support.   So I am feeling a bit taken for a ride here

1 hour ago, FreelancerAlpha said:

Hi do they refund? The  game  for me is totally unplayable so much stuttering I cannot even complete the tutorial? I can’t even move the character  with all the freeze frames and stutters like no other game I thought SC was bad omg this is ridiculous compared to that game 

my specs are old but I thought it would be playable 

i5 4690

RX 580 4gb

32 gb ram

samsung evo nvme m.2

If anyone knows any workaround or fixes please let me know

Your system would work if the store page you bought the game on was true.  But they have different requirements and never updated the store page, so people are buying with wrong info then they ignore the support tickets and wonder why people are frustrated.

43 minutes ago, Leogradance said:

I am unable to help you with your technical issues or where to direct you for a refund.

I can tell you is that they are officially arranging to offer a month of free subscription following the numerous connection problems.

That is awesome for people who are keeping the game.  I just want a refund.  But I dont see it happening, they dont reply to tickets and xsolla doesnt help either.   Just gonna wait a few days and do a charge back.

8 minutes ago, ToothlessRaider said:

they dont reply to tickets

I just wanted to send you to the ticket system to request your refund, but you seem to know it already. At the moment, from what I read, everything on support seems to have been suspended - but reinforcements are incoming, so I'm pretty sure you'll receive an answer to your ticket at some point. They were responsive on tickets in the past and the current state during the past few weeks is not representative compared to the last years. So the least I can tell you is that they're not trying to rip you off but do their best to get to where you want everything to be.

It sucks, clearly, but I don't think this will last forever ;)

On 9/5/2020 at 6:40 PM, RhenKhanhar said:

i test the login server everyday, sometimes several times a day, only to come to the forums to an explanation about http error 100 being about the servers offline; aka the dbag answer with no help(friend is screensharing at the same time so thats a fat chubby nope)

1 hour ago, vertex said:

I just wanted to send you to the ticket system to request your refund, but you seem to know it already. At the moment, from what I read, everything on support seems to have been suspended - but reinforcements are incoming, so I'm pretty sure you'll receive an answer to your ticket at some point. They were responsive on tickets in the past and the current state during the past few weeks is not representative compared to the last years. So the least I can tell you is that they're not trying to rip you off but do their best to get to where you want everything to be.

It sucks, clearly, but I don't think this will last forever ;)

Appreciate the kind words and I wish the devs well.  I was just not prepared for the game and the wrong specs listed bother me.  Ill give it some time before taking actions to force a charge back.  I understand they are overwhelmed atm.

so far a week and no reply from support.

Xsolla says contact support lol.

Angela (Xsolla Inc.)

Sep 6, 2020, 8:02 PM GMT+5

Hello,

You have reached Xsolla. For this issue in requesting a refund, please contact Dual Universe support using these links https://community.dualthegame.com/contact
https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
The game support will review your request and inform you of their decision. Please note that it can take them several business days to review your request.

Thank you for your patience, we sincerely hope they can resolve your issue and provide you with a refund.

So far I am beginning to wonder if they even honor refunds.  Google searching shows a history of people having no timely reply and no resolution.

6 minutes ago, ToothlessRaider said:

so far a week and no reply from support.

Xsolla says contact support lol.

Angela (Xsolla Inc.)

Sep 6, 2020, 8:02 PM GMT+5

Hello,

You have reached Xsolla. For this issue in requesting a refund, please contact Dual Universe support using these links https://community.dualthegame.com/contact
https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
The game support will review your request and inform you of their decision. Please note that it can take them several business days to review your request.

Thank you for your patience, we sincerely hope they can resolve your issue and provide you with a refund.

So far I am beginning to wonder if they even honor refunds.  Google searching shows a history of people having no timely reply and no resolution.

Hey Raider,

i have already been in contact with the support a few times.

So far it has always been the case for me that the support needed between 5 and 10 days to answer me.

I think it would be realistic to wait two weeks / Give the support team two weeks.

Sure, I can absolutely empathize with how you feel right now, but relax for a while and wait a little longer.

I am sure the support will answer you in any case.

Greets,

Luukullus

7 hours ago, blazemonger said:

support.dualthegame.com

already done that, no reply.

8 hours ago, Luukullus said:

Hey Raider,

i have already been in contact with the support a few times.

So far it has always been the case for me that the support needed between 5 and 10 days to answer me.

I think it would be realistic to wait two weeks / Give the support team two weeks.

Sure, I can absolutely empathize with how you feel right now, but relax for a while and wait a little longer.

I am sure the support will answer you in any case.

Greets,

Luukullus

Yeah, but they dont even give an auto reply acknowledging your support ticket was even revived.   Also they update twitter hourly with fan creations, so they clearly got people actively reading stuff.  So I am just gonna post once a day as m y update so I can screenshot it in case I need evidence for a charge back.  I cant contact the BBB because this company isnt in the US

55 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

You must not have come from Star Citizen... If this is what broke you then perhaps this was never the game for you.

I am sorry, is this star cit?  No.  And I did have Star Cit, and you know what?  I refunded THAT game due to 3440x1440 not being supported.  And you what?  THEY refunded it in less than 48 hours.  Atleast Star Cit actually answers their support ticket.

The game didnt "break" me.  I am refunding for reasons I already stated, so maybe you should learn how to read, or get better at your failed troll attempts.  Because 1.  Star Cit ran better, but didnt support my monitor resolution properly, and 2.  The developers had a great support team willing to refund me in a timely manner.  More than I have experienced here.  I also have said nothing negative about these developers.   I understand they are overloaded atm.   But If I sold you a car that I said had a v8, but only had a v6 engine, I bet you would want a refund right?  I bought this game with 1 set of requirements posted but it needs another set.   That and all the issues I posted above already, but no need to reply, just going to block you in advance, as I have no desire to know what you might post next.

1 minute ago, ToothlessRaider said:

I am sorry, is this star cit?  No.  And I did have Star Cit, and you know what?  I refunded THAT game due to 3440x1440 not being supported.  And you what?  THEY refunded it in less than 48 hours.  Atleast Star Cit actually answers their support ticket.

The game didnt "break" me.  I am refunding for reasons I already stated, so maybe you should learn how to read, or get better at your failed troll attempts.  Because 1.  Star Cit ran better, but didnt support my monitor resolution properly, and 2.  The developers had a great support team willing to refund me in a timely manner.  More than I have experienced here.  I also have said nothing negative about these developers.   I understand they are overloaded atm.   But If I sold you a car that I said had a v8, but only had a v6 engine, I bet you would want a refund right?  I bought this game with 1 set of requirements posted but it needs another set.   That and all the issues I posted above already, but no need to reply, just going to block you in advance, as I have no desire to know what you might post next.

LOL tell that to the subreddit SCRefunds.  

There are people there still waiting for a refund for that game after six months.  

But seeing as you blocked me in advance I will let others know about how useless you are.   Any refund can be achieved without having to post your crying and Tempur tantrums on the forums.  So when. You grow up and learn the world doesn't revolve around you, and sprinkle in a bit of patience... You might find a game you enjoy.  But you do you kid.

7 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

LOL tell that to the subreddit SCRefunds.  

There are people there still waiting for a refund for that game after six months.  

But seeing as you blocked me in advance I will let others know about how useless you are.   Any refund can be achieved without having to post your crying and Tempur tantrums on the forums.  So when. You grow up and learn the world doesn't revolve around you, and sprinkle in a bit of patience... You might find a game you enjoy.  But you do you kid.

image.thumb.png.1998728d1d1e14240478334b2398dcdc.png

Sadly seem the block feature doesnt work on the forums, cause I am still seeing your childish fan girl posts.  As for "kid" I am most likely old enough to be your father, if not your grandfather.

I dont read reddit, its full of self righteous assholes who know it all like you.   I deal with where I bought the game.   As I said. Star Cit refunded me inside of 48 hours.   This game hasnt even sent a confirmation email.   And II think waiting 7 days is more than enough to expect a reply, they wasted no time taking my money, they can atleast set up an auto reply acknowledging they got our support tickets.  In the mean time I am enjoying many games, just not this one.  Now please fuck off.