Server Status Thread

Hero164

Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to see what i have in storage containers, they open up but the contents don't get updated. Also cant access any industry machines as it just freezes the game and eventually gives an "Internal Server Error" message.

NQ-BlacksunToday at 3:53 PM
@everyone we'll be pushing an update in a few minutes. this means, the server will be unavailable. an announcement will be posted soon. thank you

NQ-NomadToday at 4:02 PM

We're about to shut down the Server in a few minutes to perform an upgrade. Expect a downtime of around an hour and a half @here. Thank you for your patience and understanding while the hamsters are fed!

Here is an idea that might slow down the "cannot connect threads". Add before I say this just know that yes, I know this is heretic.

But what if the login error said something about the server being unavailable because of maintenance. Yes, yes <HTTP ERROR 100> sound so much cooler I know.

34 minutes ago, Hero164 said:

NQ-BlacksunToday at 3:53 PM
@everyone we'll be pushing an update in a few minutes. this means, the server will be unavailable. an announcement will be posted soon. thank you

NQ-NomadToday at 4:02 PM

We're about to shut down the Server in a few minutes to perform an upgrade. Expect a downtime of around an hour and a half @here. Thank you for your patience and understanding while the hamsters are fed!

Thanks for sharing. Do you happen to know the time zone of their posts? I can't find the originals quite yet. Guessing it's CEST?

16 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Here is an idea that might slow down the "cannot connect threads". Add before I say this just know that yes, I know this is heretic.

But what if the login error said something about the server being unavailable because of maintenance. Yes, yes <HTTP ERROR 100> sound so much cooler I know.

Not sure if that's technically possible. Servers aren't so smart - if you're trying to login to some server, pretty much any server, and it isn't there (e.g. it isn't online), you just get an HTTP error. 

It would be sweet if there was a server status page, though, which is certainly possible. 

10 minutes ago, Freschmeet said:

Not sure if that's technically possible. Servers aren't so smart - if you're trying to login to some server, pretty much any server, and it isn't there (e.g. it isn't online), you just get an HTTP error. 

It would be sweet if there was a server status page, though, which is certainly possible. 

As a developer myself, you are incorrect sir. If you are trying to access an endpoint (say, /login for example) and you get back an error, you can investigate the error (using code, of course) to present a message that's usable to the user (proper UX). It would make these forums a lot less cluttered.  Something like...

try {
   results = await request.post("/login", params);
   token = results.token;
   continue();
} catch (HttpException ex) {
   if (ex.status == 500) {
      print("Server Unavailable");
   } else {
      print(ex.message);
   }
}

server lets me in for 1 min then  kicked by admin... also problems seem to be caused by industry machines as the nanocrafter is still working. maybe a temp fix is to have instant completion untill they find the fix, or upgrade the hamsters wheel

NQ-Nomadheute um 16:08 Uhr

At 14:30 UTC today, we'll perform a Server maintenance. Downtime should be around one hour. Benefits should be an improvement in the way industries are managed on the background to improve performance. Thanks for your patience and support @here

16:30 o clock (in Germany)