Virtual Scaffolding Projector Use

Tinyish

A virtual scaffolding projector supposedly allows you to load a .obj file (3d modeling file) to create a hologram of the model that you can then fill in with voxels.  This video contains all of the information about this that I know and it is quite vague. I can't find any tutorials on it.  It isn't in the in-game codex.

• 4 weeks later...

Place .obj files to be used into the C:\Users\[User Name]\Documents\NQ\DualUniverse\holograms directory. The "holograms" directory does not exist by default and will have to be created. Right-click on the Virtual Scaffolding Projector in game to specify the filename. Type in the name of the .obj file. Including the ".obj" file extension is not required but also shouldn't cause an issue.

3 hours ago, CepheoPhalanx said:

Couldn't find this element on nano rafter recipes. I do have the "nanocrafter only" option unchecked. How do I get this virtual projector? Thanks for help!

It is better to use the remote Market (J) and look at element recipes etc from there.

On 10/2/2020 at 6:34 PM, ExPLiCiT said:

looks like it was removed from the game... what did you craft it in?

It's crafted in a small assembly line. It doesn't require a lot of resources to make, but it does take some T4 ore (Gold and Cryolite). It's a pretty fun little tool, actually. We successfully used it to project an image of a ship one of our friends designed in Space Engineers.

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

As per the release notes it' snot a T1 element  and it seems NQ "forgot" to put it back in the game as craftable..

Ah, that's right! We made it last week before the change when it still required the T4 ore. Forgot about that change. Hopefully they fix it soon because it can definitely be useful!