Free Month of Game Time Announced

Hero164

Doesn't seem to be on the announcements here but in the Discord Announcements they have put:

Dear Dual Universe players @here,

We are aware that, for some of you, playing the early beta of Dual Universe hasn't been the smooth experience that the Novaquark team is working hard to give you. We hope to be on the right path to fix most of these problems, but as often with game development, it's hard to make firm promises. As a thank you for your early support, and as a gesture to compensate those of you who are not getting the best possible experience, we are working with our partner Xsolla on a way to give everyone who subscribes until most of the issues are stabilized, a free month of game time. We will announce the exact process for this (including admissibility criteria) in the coming days, but we thought we owed it to you all to acknowledge the situation, and show you that we care.

With all our passion and thanks for your early support,
The Novaquark team

So just putting this up here as a public service. Seems generous to me!

43 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

While I do not disagree, setting the notification for anything posted on the discord announcement channel is probably the most effective way to get information quickly either way.

Quicker than the game forum?  Where most new players will expect to be informed?

3 hours ago, Pigboy said:

Lol - Posting this through Discord and not even on the official forums. Is that the way things are done now?

I am surprised they are not using smoke signals or cave paintings.

You do realise this doesnt make sense, Discord is a far newer form of communication, in this instance it is the forum that is the cave painting.........

3 minutes ago, Anopheles said:

Quicker than the game forum?  Where most new players will expect to be informed?

Yes, for one, notifications through Discord are far more flexible and faster than those on the forums. Also a new player may be new to DU but generally not new to Discord.

I am not arguing that NQ should not crosspost announcement here, I agree they should, but an argument against Discord as a primary platform for these announcement IMO is simply not valid.

It us valid when the forum becomes clogged by players asking for help, expecting the game to be like the majority of others and have support portals on the forum and mod support in game.

There isn't even a notification on these forums that you have to go to discord so new players, flailing around for help,  have to hope someone mentions discord to them before they give up.

I think a major announcement, like free play time could certainly be posted in announcements. People may not be able to access discord for various reasons. I think its reasonable to ask for cross posting of major announcements to official boards.

Clearing out the large number of stickies for relevance would also probably be advised. The game is great, they could just do with a couple of community managers to polish communication.

4 hours ago, Pigboy said:

Lol - Posting this through Discord and not even on the official forums. Is that the way things are done now?

I am surprised they are not using smoke signals or cave paintings.

Some might consider a forum as the older, slow and outdated medium.

2 hours ago, Moosegun said:

You do realise this doesnt make sense, Discord is a far newer form of communication, in this instance it is the forum that is the cave painting.........

Discord is just a chat room and those happened in the 1960s years before forums.

But either way around failing to post messages on their own forums is just plain bad.

32 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

Discord is just a chat room and those happened in the 1960s years before forums.

But either way around failing to post messages on their own forums is just plain bad.

Internet chat rooms were around 20 years before the birth of the internet, every day is a school day around here.......

Latest announcements posted in Discord first is pretty common in other games I follow. And then major announcements posted in forum or email at a later time. It's not even a major announcement, it's an acknowledgement saying they are working on something that they will announce in the coming days. If you want information, you go to where the information is, simple.

15 hours ago, Moosegun said:

Internet chat rooms were around 20 years before the birth of the internet, every day is a school day around here.......

Actually the Internet was technically invented in the 1960s, Chat rooms came about at the same time. They came into wide use over a decade before the Internet did.

2 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

Actually the Internet was technically invented in the 1960s, Chat rooms came about at the same time. They came into wide use over a decade before the Internet did.

You say one thing, internet say another, who to believe?  Got source?

Just now, Moosegun said:

So no source then...... you were just making it up

Who am I to dispute what you believe? If history and Trump supporters have shown, there is no point trying to change peoples minds and a lot of people ignore basic facts. So why bother. You want to believe The Internet was created in the year 2000 by the God Thor, who am I to change your mind or even care?

3 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

Who am I to dispute what you believe? If history and Trump supporters have shown, there is no point trying to change peoples minds and a lot of people ignore basic facts. So why bother. You want to believe The Internet was created in the year 2000 by the God Thor, who am I to change your mind or even care?

Generally when two people have a difference of opinion, sources are used to corroborate those opinions, NO research I have done backs up anything you say.  Your inability to back up these statements you have made with any reference suggests to me that you are just making things up.  As do your lame attempts at deflection. 

Just now, Moosegun said:

Generally when two people have a difference of opinion, sources are used to corroborate those opinions, NO research I have done backs up anything you say.  Your inability to back up these statements you have made with any reference suggests to me that you are just making things up.  As do your lame attempts at deflection. 

That was before Trump. Now with so many Trump supporters, flat earthers, anti-vaxxers, anti-covid believers. Whats the point. I believe what I believe, you believe what you believe. In another words simple sources available in any person who spent 10 seconds typing "Invention Internet" are not worth my time to convince you. If you believe something different from me, good for you.

Its called I am not your mum or your teacher and this is not a doctoral thesis.

1 minute ago, FryingDoom said:

That was before Trump. Now with so many Trump supporters, flat earthers, anti-vaxxers, anti-covid believers. Whats the point. I believe what I believe, you believe what you believe. In another words simple sources available in any person who spent 10 seconds typing "Invention Internet" are not worth my time to convince you. If you believe something different from me, good for you.

Its called I am not your mum or your teacher and this is not a doctoral thesis.

My sources were only backing up the opinion I originally held, again nice deflection, nice effort at trying to discredit.  Can see we are at an impasse, not sure this is worth my time now.

16 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

My sources were only backing up the opinion I originally held, again nice deflection, nice effort at trying to discredit.  Can see we are at an impasse, not sure this is worth my time now.

Edit: Actually that sounded too cruel.

So for you after a 3 second internet search.

https://www.history.com/news/who-invented-the-internet#:~:text=The first workable prototype of,communicate on a single network.