Using Discord for Customer Support and Announcements is terribad

Anopheles

NQ probably think... who knows what they think, they never tell us, but they probably think that they are saving congestion on the game chat and forums by porting anything intensive to a 3rd party program.

It's a horrible idea.   People new to DU, but not MMos think that it will be like an ordinary, normal website that will have a dedicated support forum and in game chat channels.

When they don't find it they, understandably, litter up the support channel and all forum channels looking for help.

I've seen requests for help in the middle of unrelated topics, in the Recruitment channel and probably other places.

When the forum responds with "go to a support area not found in the game or forums or go to Discord", well that's a proportion right there of already frustrated players asking for a refund.

It's not like the help on the Discord channel is exactly zippy either, so the plan isn't even doing anything but porting a badly communicated delays to Discord and STILL having a clogged up forum.

Mini rant over.  Tl;dr  NQ needs Support to go to normal channels even if it means hiring another sub server and is just further evidence  of NQ's woeful communication strategy.

Yeah. This other thread is a great example.

Since the launcher / game login screen has no server status info or useful error messages, you get posts like the following:

Game is just not working after today's update. My friend and I are both getting the same error. Back to Alpha?

and my reply

It means the servers are down. They took them down roughly an hour ago to do database maintenance which the ingame message said would last ~2 hours.

Why the players have to inform other players of this.. lol.

e. go to try to log in right now and

image.png.6ed4635e96b4eafc5e9b7bc0a5410721.png

Any newbie would be like.. uhhh... what?

Nope, no problem on the player's end. Just another thing that makes me wonder WTF they actually tested in the Alpha.