Server load and industries

Ater Omen

Currently all jammed industries stay active 24/7,  obviously we don't stop them because there are no downsides for letting them active. If a player leave the game, all its industries will remain active. The more we go the more there will be abandonned industries. Adding to that automated industries, could it be a server load issue?

Only NQ can answer this question, so this topic is not about whether or not it could be a problem (I don't mind about discussing it tho). It's more about what if it's a problem and what workarounds can adress it.

One way to shut down industries is the power requirement, but if I recall correctly, NQ said it would not be mandatory but only a buff to industries. Also, it would need to not be automatable.

Other than that, I don't really know other sane ways of doing that. NQ can make a rule like the abandonned hovers, they shut down industries sometimes (each day/weeks/... ?), or when certains conditions are met (no interraction with the industry or the core during X time).

Any idea?