Any ETA or even an acknowledgment that the blueprint system is comepletely broken?

Valhalla

As the title says, blueprints are 100% broken currently. I have nearly 2 dozen of them, ones from alpha, and ones I made today. None of them work. They either say I'm missing items in my inventory that "I HAVE IN MY INVENTORY" hence the green cube. Or when placed the blueprint is ONLY the modules are placed, and all honeycomb materials vanish into the ether, removed from my inventory but never placed, leaving me with a giant ball of floating modules.

42 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

Not completely broken. I have made four bloops and the first three worked perfectly. 

the fourth one (M core) appeared naked (no voxels, elements only) but the next day when I logged in, it was all there. 

The first day of beta was the ONLY time I've had any blueprint work. 13 tries of different blueprints later and not a single one has worked. Its always missing voxels (Mine never reappeared) or the blueprint giving a missing item error, despite having 20 of those items in my inventory. (Usually the pilot chair or emergency module giving the error.) So for me they are indeed completely broken. Also every guild member has also reported them almost never working.

This is a MAJOR issue, as I have spent a lot of time on these designs and can't make any more for guild mates. (Some of these designs took months)

4 hours ago, Anopheles said:

I think the elements only thing might be the ghost voxel bug in new, see through, clothing.

Try editing the craft and adding a random, sacrificial voxel.

I didnt try adding any voxels... may be a good idea to test, perhaps this has something to do with the annoying desynced build/non build mode constructs showing different voxels.

4 minutes ago, @everyone said:

There's definitely been a lot of complaints about the starter speeder/racer blueprints not able to rebuild their crafts after disassembly. Missing ECU / hovercraft controller even though they're the same items.

nice troll name lol

Well, for starters its technically not a game. It being a game would imply that its a finished product by most accounts, but we apparently decided to nix beta testing for beta soft launching. We're still in a testing phase because that is what NQ told us to expect alpha and beta to be, a test with bugs, incomplete features, balance issues, etc.

As for why NQ decided to release beta in such a buggy state (assuming I read you right) I can't entirely say. We've had various bugs that have greatly impacted life. Report them, work around it, and wait for its resolution.

Given that we still see bugs like the current blueprint one is a strong indicator that indeed, this is still a test, not a game, and should be treated like such. Why things happened the way they did, I don't know, but I reasonably trust have faith in NQ's judgement since its brought us this far since we started pre-alpha testing a couple of Septembers ago.

Why do I say this, well given the timing of how some of the past roadmap elements have rolled out along with the pushing back of others, we are 3.6 weeks behind schedule. Not great, not terrible.

4 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Unless the definition has changed this is not really beta, but more like alpha. Even NQ is referring to the release as early-beta which is a made up concept.

Well the definition can have several points of view. 

Beta is defined when no new features are added to the game until release. Only bug fixes occor. 

This excludes new features introduced to fix bugs. 

Something like automatic speeder return to inv is not a new feature, it is a response to bugs, acceptable on a beta. 

Something like PVP in planets is definitely a new feature not acceptable on a beta. 

But a feature can also have its own life cycle, so as long as something like "pvp on planets" passes through its own alpha and beta process, and only then merged into our beta, it is still acceptable for beta. 

6 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Something like automatic speeder return to inv is not a new feature, it is a response to bugs, acceptable on a beta.

The construct congestion problem has been a well known and much reported issue since pre-alpha.. This is my main grief with this entire process. It's not like the problems we are having now are something new. We have been reporting them for ages.

3 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

The construct congestion problem has been a well known and much reported issue since pre-alpha..

Well to frame it correctly. It was a possible problem even before any one started working on NQ. 

It is a theorical problem on any MMO. 

But it can only be accepted as a real problem, once the code is working with the intended performance. Only then NQ could truly analize the impact of the constructs in game. 

This specific game issue is 100% well suited for a beta phase. 

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

You don't release beta knowing there are many bugs (and design issues), you release beta to find bugs.

You know as well as i do the situation became worse with beta. 

BP issues appeared with beta. 

Massive server load appeared with beta. 

Voxel issues appeared with beta.

Dirt on thades being unminable appeared on beta. 

Those issues were not present before. 

To say that NQ knew about this bugs and released beta is false. 

They knew about other bugs, and they were mostly able to fix them. 

Performance issues are 100% acceptable in beta.

I don’t know what to say here, as I have not experienced any of this with any of my blueprints at all. I have spawned successfully 2 BP’s from Alpha and 2 I made after soft release. Also, all I needed to spawned them was what was in the BP’s list, which didn’t included any voxels at all, they just showed up after summoned.

Worthy of note is one thing tho, I only had exactly what I needed on my inventory and nothing else and no linked container either. The one BP that requires me to have a linked container, as I can’t carry all the elements, my inventory was empty and the container only had all the elements required and nothing else. Maybe try that?

Oddly the off the rack blueprint I bought worked out of the box. Flies like poop, but worked out of the box. It was the cheap seat with a cargo box, wings, and 3 hoover pads. 

However after picking up all the bits for the starter racer I can't re-assemble it from a blueprint.  no go. Same for the never built starter speeder blue print. My guess is when the ship is disassembled one of the bits gets internally renamed ergo no longer matches the original part and therefore is "missing" despite being the same functional part.

7 hours ago, BaconofWar said:

Oddly the off the rack blueprint I bought worked out of the box. Flies like poop, but worked out of the box. It was the cheap seat with a cargo box, wings, and 3 hoover pads. 

However after picking up all the bits for the starter racer I can't re-assemble it from a blueprint.  no go. Same for the never built starter speeder blue print. My guess is when the ship is disassembled one of the bits gets internally renamed ergo no longer matches the original part and therefore is "missing" despite being the same functional part.

I had both BP’s from the tutorial, the Mk2 and Mk6, I spawned the 6 in Sanctuary Moon with the part I was given, they give you 2 blueprints but only enough parts to spawn either one. I when to Thades and bought the parts for the racer (Mk2) and was able to spawn it no issues. Eventually I flew back to Alioth and made my way back to my place at Sanctuary Moon and took my speeder apart and brought it with me to Thades. All I had to replace was the hover seat, and the speeder pop up with no issues.