Game still crashes a few seconds after loading

Nachtschicht

The game is still unplayable for me, crashing after just a few seconds. Reading the forums I see that I'm not the only person with this problem.

Is there any activity to solve this?

Can I help with additional Information?

I would really like to play this game but this gets frustrating...

After the recent 2GB patch, I was crashing on load - something to do with NVidia driver I think (even though it's up to date).  I just kept trying until it eventually let me in.

Previous to the patch I was crashing due to low virtual memory (Dual.exe was using my entire page file even after increasing it to 32GB).

After taking the shuttle to Sanctuary, I haven't had either problem.  If you are still on Alioth in the cities, I recommend finishing up your activities there as soon as you are able and then leaving.  The game seems to stabilize once you are out of the crowded areas.

One other idea - if you are actually loading into the game and then crashing - you might want to choose the respawn option before you load into game.  It will respawn you at your origin point.  I had to do that once to get out of a crash loop.

Since the game tends to crash even faster after the last two patches (most of the time I don't even get to see any ingame-graphics), I don't see any chance to do that.

Even before the patches I was only rarely able to walk more than a few metres before it crashed and it probably would have taken me about 50 gamestarts just to get straight to the shuttle.

So now I wait and frequently start the game to see if it loads a new patch before I try to log in again.

It's a shame that there seems to be no statements at all from novaquark what they're working on, not even patch-notes (or at least I didn't find any).

Start > eventvwr.exe > System > Filter by Error and Warning.  Find the entry that coincides with your crash.  Could try posting it here to see if anyone knows what to do about it.  If you don't see an entry in System that matches the time of your crash, you can also look in the 'Application' log.

Finally, I'm able to play the game!

Wether the latest patch, a recent windows update or me disconnecting my oculus rift was the reason, I can not say, since all of this happened just before my first successfull login.

I just wanted to try it without the rift, but when I restarted my PC, windows installed an update and when I started the game, it downloaded a new patch.

Now I can start the game and when it works, it's absolutely stable, played 4h and no problem at all.

Sometimes it still crashes after loading, but until now I just tried it again and it worked.

I still play with the absolute minimum graphics settings, when I tried to activate shadows on low, it again kept crashing after loading.

It seems like anything above just calculating simple voxels/elements is too much at the moment. I hope in the future I will be able to enjoy better graphics, but for now I'm happy that I can play the game.

I'm crashing right after load sometimes but also immediately after i switch tools. It could be fine for a while but once i switch to a different tool it crashes. I'm underground right now.So i log in and it crashes and i can't jump high enough to get out.Can't mine because it crashes if i try to switch to my mining tool.

4 hours ago, SirIppo said:

I'm crashing right after load sometimes but also immediately after i switch tools. It could be fine for a while but once i switch to a different tool it crashes. I'm underground right now.So i log in and it crashes and i can't jump high enough to get out.Can't mine because it crashes if i try to switch to my mining tool.

Have you cleared your cache?

Can you force respawn? And does that fix it?

If you don't want to respawn out, you'll probably need to raise a ticket.

On 9/11/2020 at 9:56 PM, Nachtschicht said:

Wether the latest patch, a recent windows update or me disconnecting my oculus rift was the reason, I can not say, since all of this happened just before my first successfull login.

I just wanted to try it without the rift, but when I restarted my PC, windows installed an update and when I started the game, it downloaded a new patch.

try to put the oculus back again , may be you find a possible solution for other peoples problem.
If it is oculus, they simply can unplug it when playing Dual.

On 9/13/2020 at 1:32 AM, Kezzle said:

Have you cleared your cache?

Can you force respawn? And does that fix it?

If you don't want to respawn out, you'll probably need to raise a ticket.

What i did was do a complete reinstall that seemed to fix it for a bit. Now i'm getting network fatal error now. The game actually loads up but then i get disconnected for some reason.

44 minutes ago, SirIppo said:

What i did was do a complete reinstall that seemed to fix it for a bit. Now i'm getting network fatal error now. The game actually loads up but then i get disconnected for some reason.

Exactly the same here, never had an issue before but a few days ago my game fatally crashed my entire pc. I had to reinstall and now every time I try to log in it crashed at least 4-5 before I’m able to log in.

19 hours ago, Iorail said:

Exactly the same here, never had an issue before but a few days ago my game fatally crashed my entire pc. I had to reinstall and now every time I try to log in it crashed at least 4-5 before I’m able to log in.

Yup im getting this now even after a full reinstall.Always network fatal error.

• 2 months later...

After years of playing DU (started Day 1 of pre-alpha), crash-on-login is the "new normal" for me, lol

After 4-6 crashes on login, it stabilises and runs fine for the rest of my session...