Server lags

Miamato

Hi everyone. 

For last few days I have often disconnects with error message like 'internal server error' and just get kicked out of game. Yesterday it happened across all day for like 20-30 times in total. I have descent internet connection, so that shouldn't be the reason, as well as hardware is also ok.

The other problem is that many actions are declined for several times before they are executed: mining - ore diggs out and then pops up again, containers either not loaded or showing all the same content, resources don't drag from container to inventory for several attempts, etc. 

So I'm wondering whether someone else experiences such issues? Is there any explanation from NQ about work for server stability or improvements connected with such issues? 

1 hour ago, Mercutio said:

Same issues here unfortunately. I get a lot of Pending Operation, Loading Rights for Containers, delays when accessing machines or containers and few disconnects now and then. Friend of mine gets a disconnect every few minutes even. 

the same. Yesterday I had like 5 disconnects in row just after logging into the game. 

So it seems servers can't handle the load now :( 

20 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

I dont think its really about the load. 

I think its about code that behaves bad under load. 

It may be one of reasons. The other one may be that server\connection wasn't scaled accordingly after Alpha. 

Anyway I would really want to hear smth from NQ about it.

1 hour ago, Miamato said:

It may be one of reasons. The other one may be that server\connection wasn't scaled accordingly after Alpha. 

Anyway I would really want to hear smth from NQ about it.

Yeah, I agree on this- has there been any update from NQ about fixes/patches? I also find it funny that this game wants to hold a million players at the same time, but can barely hold 30k with major issues. Thus making me wonder, what all the alpha "testing" was for.

1 minute ago, Treelessrain said:

I also find it funny that this game wants to hold a million players at the same time, but can barely hold 30k with major issues

It's ok, at this stage, as it's still beta. But without any info from developers it's unclear whether there is some hope to enjoy game without such issues in nearest future.

21 minutes ago, Treelessrain said:

has there been any update from NQ about fixes/patches?

Yes they communicate in Discord all the time that they are working on fixes. Obviously not going to fix them all in just a few days or even weeks

5 minutes ago, Haunty said:

Yes they communicate in Discord all the time that they are working on fixes. Obviously not going to fix them all in just a few days or even weeks

Ya think they would put out a press release for this kind of thing- something along the line of "Hey, we are working on this-here is when ya can expect a fix". Also, nice to meet a fellow Minnesotan!

20 minutes ago, Haunty said:

The problem with saying when something will be fixed is that it is often not accurate, so it is best not to declare a when unless the when can be determined accurately.

That is a fair point, but you think what they are working should also be communicated outside of discord/twitter-such as on the forums or the news section of the games website.

I know it is Beta and all that but the hype they made about how many people they could get in this single shard server, you would have thought they would be prepared for the load on the servers. Firstly they have to introduce a queuing system to stop the login server being melted after a server restart and now with all the server disconnects and errors not to mention the pending operations and general lag caused by the network issues. It's kind of not boding well if this is the state it's in now, are they just going to try and manage it by adding hardware to the shard every time we complain enough about the lag and issues or are they actually going to fix it and future proof it.

26 minutes ago, SimIan said:

I know it is Beta and all that but the hype they made about how many people they could get in this single shard server, you would have thought they would be prepared for the load on the servers. Firstly they have to introduce a queuing system to stop the login server being melted after a server restart and now with all the server disconnects and errors not to mention the pending operations and general lag caused by the network issues. It's kind of not boding well if this is the state it's in now, are they just going to try and manage it by adding hardware to the shard every time we complain enough about the lag and issues or are they actually going to fix it and future proof it.

Indeed, which makes me wonder about what the purpose of "alpha testing" was for and how many people they had at a time in alpha.