Failure to Launch - Game Launcher

Exsilium

I played for several hours yesterday, which ended with the first crash Ive experienced when I clicked a button in the C2 tutorial area.

I attempted to play some more today but the game wont launch now. The Launcher pops up, blue bar at bottom fills up, then it says 'Cleaning up Game Files 100%' in top left, then closes and nothing happens. No error, nothing.

I took a look at the out-admin.txt file and found the following (ill attach full file).

Game is outdated (version 0.21.2)
Starting upgrade to 0.21.3 hashcommit  8fb1690f9954c09bb4023948078bf9d796a9267e
Found a patch for the current version
Cleaning Current Version
Downloading Game Patch Archive (from version 0.21.2 to version 0.21.3 - 8fb1690f9954c09bb4023948078bf9d796a9267e)
Downloading Archive from url: https://client-prod.dualthegame.com/8fb1690f9954c09bb4023948078bf9d796a9267e/patches/9206d6c1134ef6905ae117d640283874c9a35074/Dual.zip range: 432140 to 1177876238
Update Error:
System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. --->

Uncaught Error: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'

I looked for that Newtonsoft.Json.. its actually a .dll from what I can tell. Cant find that filename anywhere else.

out-admin.txt

Sounds like it failed during an update to a newer version.  Now it is stuck in this limbo where you have the old version, but it looks like the new version.  So the game doesn't update and it won't launch because it is out of date.  I would check the forums to see if anyone else has had this problem, but you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. I've tried running as Admin, disabling IPv6, adding launcher to firewall. Deleting and Uninstalling everything DU related. Nothing is working. Game just keeps installing then closing out after install, so I re-launch Launcher and it just starts the install all over. I've sent in a ticket with my DXDIAG info. Hopefully they'll get back to me someday as to whats going on, if & when they do I will also mention here what was found.

I'm using 

i7 6700k Skylake

GEFORCE GTX 1070FTW 

Windows 10 Pro

Everything is within DU recommendations

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I had the cleaning up game files stuck, then  eventually it said something like couldn't download integrity file.

Fixed by disabling IPV6 on my network adapter.

I never had this issue before and as far as I can tell nothing significant changed that should have affected that but it fixed it so...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well.. After this last update, I cannot run the game from the Launcher. it simply opens a Grey screen then sits there. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted computer, disabled IPv6, Copied game files from another PC and nothing works. i am not attempting to load a previous installation of windows to see if that helps....Big Sad.

21 minutes ago, ZcrazyG said:

Well.. After this last update, I cannot run the game from the Launcher. it simply opens a Grey screen then sits there. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted computer, disabled IPv6, Copied game files from another PC and nothing works. i am not attempting to load a previous installation of windows to see if that helps....Big Sad.

It is hard to accurately diagnose issues without reviewing the logfiles but if a reinstall was unsuccessful then I suspect some part of your configuration files may have gotten corrupted. These are stored in appdata and not cleared via reinstall. Try deleting both the Novaquark and NQ folders from your local appdata directory (%localappdata% or C:\Users\<username>l\AppData\Local) and then run the launcher again. If that still fails to work, go back into the NQ directory, grab your newly created logfiles and submit them to NQ support via ticket so they can help you get back up and running. If you are feeling a little adventurous then you are also more than welcome to message me either here on the forums or on the discord and I will try to help you one on one to self diagnose the issue.