Construct clutter in public areas. IDEA

ManfredSideous

The clutter of constructs at markets is horrible. I have slower internet speed and cannot get higher. Whenever I get close to a market I crash out.  I have seen lots of people complain about this as well. The idea I have and deff not an original concept is: When you roll up on a market and land anywhere in a specific range you are invited to park your construct. By doing so it moves the construct into a garage or bay which would be an instance. Removing it from the main server .  For those who do not park their construct after a short period of time the server moves it to an instance.  Already in my short tenure I have seen devs have to move constructs to the ark to reduce load at markets. This does not seem sustainable. Having to load all these constructs anytime you need to go to the market ( an essential thing) is also not practical. I play EVE Online when you go to a station in EVE you dock in it and it removes the ship from the environment and reduces load on the node/server. We need something similar in DU.  Discuss.

♥Manny

Seems very logical, however it does spoil the fun of meeting up with new people and checking out constructs. Instead they should do something about the abandoned constructs, somehow...I have no suggestion for that though. Oh and all the ad crap, yea that should be a strict no no.

I agree that there is a problem here, but I really dislike instancing it. The most wonder I currently get in the game is when I go walk around and see all of the different ship designs people have made. It's a great way to get ideas and such.

What I would like to see though is 2 separate avenues to address the problem:

1. Auto removal of logged out users ships. To some extent they probably need to stick around for awhile in most places, but especially for those that don't log on for a week or so, or those ships that go a while without being used/interacted with, I think at that point ships should be moved to a hangar instance or tokenized. That way I can still see the cool ships people are building, but we start to clean out the crap that's just sitting around lagging everyone out.

2. Player markets are obviously a long term feature, but when they come, and as people spread out and more and more across the galaxy, so long as we handle the unused constructs, we'll find less traffic here in general and it should be more manageable.

It doesn't even need to be moved to an instance. An instance suggests it is still fully loaded in memory somewhere (on the server, but still somewhere.) Instead, just unload the dynamic object and create a link to locally stored ship's inventories at the local market. If the ship's container is the players linked container, make that link still active within range of the "Hanger" and Market.

I think, moving constructs to instance isn't good idea for this type of game (EVE can be compared but it's a different game), using included containers could be problematic, but leaving it this way isn't good either. So, IMO, I think the better way will be "towing" a forgoten constructs if they were not moved from the entire marketplace/district tile for a specified amount of time (maybe 48h, or 72h, or 1 week at most with proper alert message for logged owner or email notification for not logged owner). 
One is for sure - something must be done with that because in long term this will turn in a total chaos in such places.

11 hours ago, Lucjan said:

I think, moving constructs to instance isn't good idea for this type of game (EVE can be compared but it's a different game), using included containers could be problematic, but leaving it this way isn't good either. So, IMO, I think the better way will be "towing" a forgoten constructs if they were not moved from the entire marketplace/district tile for a specified amount of time (maybe 48h, or 72h, or 1 week at most with proper alert message for logged owner or email notification for not logged owner). 
One is for sure - something must be done with that because in long term this will turn in a total chaos in such places.

Devs moved constructs away from markets just a couple days ago. It  was so cluttered just 24 hours later that it was causing crashes. I cant go to a market because of it.  Many others are in the same boat.

Perhaps maybe a middle ground between both an instance (parking garage) and being towed would be suitable?

Example 1. Like SC, players are assigned landing spots upon approaching each market spot (select how big of space they would need S-XL), and duration they would need it (10-40minutes) any amount of time greater than that and their vehicle is 'towed' to a location 10km-20km away from market place. After 48hrs the towed vehicle is sent to their player garage  where they would have to fetch it ( for x quantas) and all items that were in the containers are placed in the maket container. 

Example 2. Similar to the first example, but instead of the devs having the system move the vehicles. Only trusted organisations or approved individuals can tow the vehicles to the location and they recieve x anount of quantas per removal depending on size.  This could be done by implementing a tow point that once attached calaculates how many voxels the contruct is made with. After they have towed it to the holding location zone between 4  set beacons they rmb click 1 of 2 options 1.detach/reattach towed construct 2.detach and begin holding period with confirmation usual messages. 

These are only draft ideas and certainly could be reworked an added on to.

A few options:

- Inactive accounts (subscription expired) ships within atmosphere/within red hex's are hidden. 

- Default Speeders are hidden if inactive for 2 weeks

- Any ship in Atmosphere parked within the red admin/ark owned zones are despawned if account has not logged in for 2 weeks. 

Sure there are others, but I agree the lag going to markets is horrendous.