Why should i play this game?

Kray76

I am a little disapointed about this game..

I saw this game since the beginning and all the promises of innovative gamplay etc.

And what am i seeing now?

A poor copy of Empyrion with a poor copy of the UI of Eve Online. Nothing new, nothing innovative.

That what here exists, is more than terrible implemented. Ok, its  a beta, but that never apologizes the lack of innovation.

Its a nice plan to merge the two successful running games, but that is nothing new.

I think i will not even play the three monts, because of why should i do that.

I expected more and something new. But this is just a poor copy of other games.

i think, this game has never a chance with this sucbription model againts the other games. And without an answer at the question why sould i play this.

If you don't like the game then it is what it is. Maybe your expectations were too high or too wrong, or you refuse to see what is new and only look at what is similar to other games.

I would have to say that in terms of product polish and playability/scalability empyrion is a better bet right now. Your server instance is local rather than cloud based and is certainly scalable to support 100 or so folks on standard machines without too much pain. MMO have much to offer socially, but DU has a long way to go on content etc. 

The current empyrion universe is 1000s of systems...plenty of room for faction warfare and such. It doesn't have all the MMO features DU does. I'm here for a year and will see how it goes...DU has a better materials system with a wider diversity there. Will just have to see what they do with it and how fast. 

The "originality" is more technical than in the gameplay, I reckon. Combining the (anti-)social dynamic of EvE with much more advanced voxel-manipulation than Empyrion is very definitely pushing boundaries, in the technical sense. "Originality" is not the be-all and end-all: if one demographic is looking at some of the features another demographic enjoys with envy and vice versa, then providing both those feature sets to the two populations in one space is pretty good product definition.

On 9/2/2020 at 5:13 PM, scotsman said:

I would have to say that in terms of product polish and playability/scalability empyrion is a better bet right now. Your server instance is local rather than cloud based and is certainly scalable to support 100 or so folks on standard machines without too much pain. MMO have much to offer socially, but DU has a long way to go on content etc. 

The current empyrion universe is 1000s of systems...plenty of room for faction warfare and such. It doesn't have all the MMO features DU does. I'm here for a year and will see how it goes...DU has a better materials system with a wider diversity there. Will just have to see what they do with it and how fast. 

You do realize that the community makes the content correct? If you were following the game you would know that.

2 hours ago, Sinfil said:

Then dont play the game. If you want something that has set content then find another game.

Who said anything about wanting set content? I was responding to another post. I'm unsure how many of you folks have played both games. The EGS workshop is full of player creations of all kinds. From the comments I am seeing I'm not sure that many of you have actually played both games...hence no basis for comparing the two.

We will see where things end up...server performance is critical especially in high population areas. 

“Why should i play this game?”

I’ve never met you, I don’t know you. You tell me...

There are so many different reasons to choose games, and so many games to choose from; no one knows better than yourself what you want from and like in games...

since you’ve already gone and set yourself up and pre-loaded for a negative answer, anything opinionwise we say here will likely fall upon deaf ears anyway: you’ve apparently made up your mind. 

So it’s a question you’re going to have to answer by yourself, IMO.