Input/Output for Assembly Line can't be re-linked?

MrLightWell

So I ran my Assembly M last night before bed and without realizing it had the output still set to a an XS container. This morning as I log in Assembly M is jammed awaiting output so....How the heck does someone unlink their containers and redefine their input/outputs?

FIXED: Theres no mention in the codex - but to remove links you have to right click the arrow'ed path in link mode and click to "remove link".

Another way to do it is by holding down the alt-key and clicking on the link.

The alt-key is used to reverse almost every tool's functionality. Use it to pick up cores or territory units that you put down with the Deploy Ground Element tool, or elements in build mode for which you use the Deploy Element Tool - or remove voxels using the Deploy Voxel Tool.

You can even enable the option to keep non-precious materials while digging and then use the dig tool to place that material somewhere else after you dragged it to your sidebar.

The Smooth Voxel tool's function is to spread out vertices of a voxel surface evenly - by holding the alt-key pressed it reverses into "pinching" the vertices together.

Enjoy :) 

/ps

Haunty was quicker - but I was too lazy to rewrite my post :D 

5 hours ago, vertex said:

You can even enable the option to keep non-precious materials while digging and then use the dig tool to place that material somewhere else after you dragged it to your sidebar.

I am slightly sad that you cannot do this with actual precious ore (obviously intending to grab it back up later) to label exploratory tunnels... "Hematite, this way" :)

• 4 months later...
On 9/3/2020 at 1:37 PM, vertex said:

Yup, placing ore down would be awesome! Should make it a suggestion if it isn't yet B)

I bet that this would cause some trouble since you could endlessly place 100l of iron and get 125l back thanks to the +% ore extracted talent (if it's confirmed to work this way, which we still don't know).