Getting off planet

Ashtwoni

Might not be the correct place to ask, but, what should be my goals for leaving the sanctuary moon?
Like what kind of ship would be needed? Ultimate goal is Jago. I like the islands.

I currently have 3 refiners/metalworks/electroics and 1 assembly (working on more assembly).

A few days ago I went for the 1st time to Jago and settled there.

What do you need for parts as a minimum (so you can carry a full load - 20t - in your personal inventory) to depart from a 1G planet like Sanctuary:

- 1 XS dynamic core

- At least 4 atmo S engines (or go with 1 M sized engine)

- 1 space S engine would be enough - if you want faster acceleration, take 2

- At least 1, better 2 retro brakes (well, you could turn around 180° and use your engine to decelerate)

- 1 S atmo and space fuel tank each

- 1 hover seat

- 2 S wings

- 1 XS stabilizer (not sure if it's absolutely necessary)

- if you go with full inventory, about 5 XS hover engines, or 1 in size S

- a dozen or so XS adjuster (placed as far apart as possible, in up/down, left/right directions)

Make sure you take a Resurrection thingie with you (hard to craft at the beginning, needs some uncommon parts), a territory control unit* (it's heavy; needs about 90% or more of your inventory), maybe some pure copper and natron (sodium) if you got some space left since you can't get them on Jago.

Approaching: use X a few times till the navigation lines showing up. When you're getting near the planet, aim slightly above the horizon, and decelerate to about 1,000km/h.

Braking: My speed was about 30,000km/h, started to brake at 20su - and overshot. So I guess 25su should be fine with 1 retro brake.

Tip: as soon as you land, switch to the hover script - it's a lot easier to drive than with the flying version.

See you on Jago!

*Update: A few units are now available on the local markets, selling for about 500k