GET IT TOGETHER NQ!

Tiberis

12 hours ago, klobber said:

I have the impression that it gets worse and worse, with some good moments,

It was better last night (about when you were posting... :) maybe you got on later and experienced an improvement; maybe I was lucky).

12 hours ago, klobber said:

I am working as a developer, and the most terrible situation is when the delivery timeline

is coming to an end and you still haven't tested the overall performance issues, since you didn't know,

that they might exist.

That's one of the legitimate aims of a classic beta (which we all know this isn't really, but it's part of the intent of releasing what they're calling a beta now): discovering and resolving problems that arise when you scale by orders of magnitude.

Something new or not new tommorow? Like some people on Jago bugged in sort of limbo with "undhandled exception" and not able to log in at all?

I'm one of unlucky forkers.

I developed somewhat of phobia -- every day I launching DU, my heart slows down what new "not working" thing will be upon me.

Like everyone I can not be playing 24/24 so my perspective is from a western-Europe time zone, post work evening.  As I like playing the game,  I do not like it when I finally get home and find the server is down for maintenance (but that is welcome to a Beta).   But thinking back, I feel like NQ has been progressing especially once I am in the game, I do hate the slowliness of the login-queue though)

Yes, they are in a fire-fighting mode still where putting down one fire , lets another come up as there is not enough time to test the fixes and there is only the live Beta environment where this can be done at the moment. 

I understand people like the game that much they want to play it now (especially those who paid for a 3M subscription) but heck, if you can not stomach this lvl of disruption in early Beta, you got a month for free so, plan to come back in 2-3 weeks and see if it suits you better.

At some point, I would love to see a "small" roll-back, just as part of Beta to ensure that it can be done whenever it would be needed. If NQ feels they are not ready for that now, then better not to do it now. There will be opportunities in the next months  to test that mechanic.

Same goes for a wipe, they need to test their capacity to create the magical blueprints, until they are ready for that,

a) wiping is just erasing stuff people have worked on (took me till yesterday to grind myself up to a large core base on allioth), but once ready they should give it a go.

b) we need people to progress further in the game to test those aspects? Not sure how many of us are already deep into t2/t3 items? If I look at the market, I start seeing t1 showup in some lvl of availability but last night I was looking for t2 ore on the allioth markets and it was very very flimsy still.

On 9/6/2020 at 8:22 PM, JohnnyTazer said:

They aren't planning on wiping.  There are talks of a terrain wipe, but you will be compensated the mats to do a one time free re-deploy of your base.  You will keep all your inventory, dynamic cores, talents, quanta, etc.  That is there intention anyway, and said would only have to wipe if something crazy happens.  

That actually scares me.  It means that essentially we are NOT in beta, or they just use beta for an excuse, but in the start of release.  I've never played a game that didn't wipe at the end of beta.  I can imagine players coming into the game after release, then even though they started during the first few days after official release, quitting in disgust when they find out how far behind they are.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:22 AM, JohnnyTazer said:

... and said would only have to wipe if something crazy happens.  

Well, its kinda happening in step by step way as unfortunate chain of events that accumulating.

1) Last moment "pre-launch"  for backers decision (that was stated as "thank you", but...).

2) Fixation to placate new players with very casual starting conditions (huge non PvP zone with all ores, ship shop, daily money, several other ezz mode things). 

2,1) Wrong (by my opinion) JC concept, that player-driven economy criticaly needs some artificial "kickstart". At least not in way it was done.

2,2) Relativly cocky  (on my taste, again) JC idea, that economy disbalancing at start is okay, thay can easly fix it without wipe... later.

3) Previous points + some other bad disign choices (mostly due NQ stubbornly not listening Alpha community feedback) -- and players got dangerously faster progression, that was ever, ever intented.

4) As consequence of economy "rapidization" and "ezzmodeness" enourmous quantities of industry sprung up and multipled with great speed...

5) And now choking servers to death (while speculation, this at least partly the case I think). And "industry attack" happened so fast and so geometrical progression, that NQ found themeselfs with very little time to adequatly react with scaling/optimization.

6) Time/player pressure obviously increases risk of more panic-mode mistakes with more bad consequences...

Sure, its not that hopeless (just my grumpy version), they still can figure it out with great magic and learn from it. I causiously believe in them.

4 hours ago, Wooden said:

I can imagine players coming into the game after release, then even though they started during the first few days after official release, quitting in disgust when they find out how far behind they are.

So what are the people suppose to do who join 2 years after release? This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard, and you are just spouting off shit for no other reason to hear the sound of your voice. EvE has been running for 17 years. I joined it in 2010 but ya, I never caught up to the 2003 players did I? Or maybe this game isn't a race, but a journey to go on and enjoy. 

4 hours ago, Wooden said:

That actually scares me.  It means that essentially we are NOT in beta, or they just use beta for an excuse, but in the start of release.  I've never played a game that didn't wipe at the end of beta.  I can imagine players coming into the game after release, then even though they started during the first few days after official release, quitting in disgust when they find out how far behind they are.

Anyone that started after Alpha is already 3 years behind others, not game time but knowledge wise. Anyone that started today is 3 years 3 weeks behind. My point is? It doesn’t matter. Even now, were you have players that are way pass end game, that already have everything and done everything and killed everything, it doesn’t matter because 90% of them won’t be here in a year and the next group will take over. This a cycle that will go on for as long as the game exist. Then you will have that 10% that will still play the game, even tho they did and have everything that will not affect how those that just started progress and how/when they get to the having everything stage....

It’s not how you get there and how fast, it’s how much fun and the journey that counts.

Knock on Wood, today everything works as intended, sometimes slowing down the many actions I do with small time breaks,

but everything else is nice, Thank you NQ, hamsters, now a little bit more love for the industry errors, please....

13 hours ago, klobber said:

Knock on Wood, today everything works as intended, sometimes slowing down the many actions I do with small time breaks,

but everything else is nice, Thank you NQ, hamsters, now a little bit more love for the industry errors, please....

I thought that too, to start with. Fuelled a skiff, no problem. Mined for a whole 30 minutes without a MOIP or an PO or an ISE. Then, no dice. Had to go empty a half-filled can and find a new location for it to let me do any more digging. And that lasted another half hour and half a load. It's like they're capping the  number of operations per hour per toon. It'd be impossibly frustrating if I wasn't aware that this is a beta test; because it's a scaling problem, the frustration is bearable.

On 9/9/2020 at 2:42 AM, Wooden said:

On 9/9/2020 at 4:08 AM, le_souriceau said:

Well, its kinda happening in step by step way as unfortunate chain of events that accumulating.

1) Last moment "pre-launch"  for backers decision (that was stated as "thank you", but...).

2) Fixation to placate new players with very casual starting conditions (huge non PvP zone with all ores, ship shop, daily money, several other ezz mode things). 

2,1) Wrong (by my opinion) JC concept, that player-driven economy criticaly needs some artificial "kickstart". At least not in way it was done.

2,2) Relativly cocky  (on my taste, again) JC idea, that economy disbalancing at start is okay, thay can easly fix it without wipe... later.

3) Previous points + some other bad disign choices (mostly due NQ stubbornly not listening Alpha community feedback) -- and players got dangerously faster progression, that was ever, ever intented.

4) As consequence of economy "rapidization" and "ezzmodeness" enourmous quantities of industry sprung up and multipled with great speed...

5) And now choking servers to death (while speculation, this at least partly the case I think). And "industry attack" happened so fast and so geometrical progression, that NQ found themeselfs with very little time to adequatly react with scaling/optimization.

6) Time/player pressure obviously increases risk of more panic-mode mistakes with more bad consequences...

Sure, its not that hopeless (just my grumpy version), they still can figure it out with great magic and learn from it. I causiously believe in them.

The big thing here is that you cant actually WIN this game or compare your progress to anyone elses anyway.  New players wont be 'behind' because it is not a competition, they are just joining the civilisation.  New players didnt moan for 17 years when they joined Eve that they were behind or WoW or pretty much any other MMO.  We are building a civilisation here, what I think NQ have done is put in a nice environment for us to get on a build it.

When a game makes windows go into full restart i know something is wrong.  when it kills discord, all internet browsers something is wrong. when it kills the TP-link and the wifi-connection, something is wrong.

I have No idea what they are doing at the moment to correct something But the whole pre-launch, no issue. almost the whole alpha, no issue.  Last week, issue every 15 seconds and slowly DU is killing all my other programs including windows.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:13 PM, Sinfil said:

ITS BETA AND BEFORE YOU BUY IT, ITS STATES ISSUES CAN HAPPEN.

Beta and alpha testing for games now days has largely lost all meaning, literally every single game worth talking about has gone into EA or some type of variation of that so your defense as such is incredibly weak let alone tired, here is a tip, stop defending devs...you dont get anything for doing it and you actually hurt the game in the long run since your giving them a pass to allow mistakes that could have been fixed BEFORE its release into the public build.

Just to let others know ive not been able to play for 2 weeks due to some kind of memory leak/hardware compatibility issue, i can stay in a secluded area but if i try to leave i crash every single time, ticket has been in for 11 days and still no response, i regret getting into this so early on but ill forgive if they can fix this and maybe give a month back.

38 minutes ago, RedstarBunny said:

Beta and alpha testing for games now days has largely lost all meaning, literally every single game worth talking about has gone into EA or some type of variation of that so your defense as such is incredibly weak let alone tired, here is a tip, stop defending devs...you dont get anything for doing it and you actually hurt the game in the long run since your giving them a pass to allow mistakes that could have been fixed BEFORE its release into the public build.

Just to let others know ive not been able to play for 2 weeks due to some kind of memory leak/hardware compatibility issue, i can stay in a secluded area but if i try to leave i crash every single time, ticket has been in for 11 days and still no response, i regret getting into this so early on but ill forgive if they can fix this and maybe give a month back.

Your frustrations are warranted, but all I can say is if you can, try to be patient, and hope you get a free month. Me and my friends have been playing with very low issues and are having a blast, hopefully you can get it resolved and log in as I want as many people to be able to play and have the fun we are, because a healthy population is needed for this game.

For anyone who has FPS issues and crashes with old hardware that look like they happen due to hardware limitation I have a temporary solution:

For me:

I have nvidia 970 and I run at 1080p.

In district it's a slideshow, bad slideshow.

In sanctuary moon district it's a slideshow but I can move.

In my spot (8km from market) it seems ok but I believe it's about 30fps and sometimes slows down.

I got to Madis yesterday and suddenly the game just runs like never before, I feel I have like 60fps and everything is smooth + all the pending etc stuff is gone(not sure if this one is related). So if you have weak hardware you may consider moving there until the game is optimized or you upgrade your hamster.

Terrain there is much more smooth and there is less stuff around so I believe it has affect.

Hope it helps.

Edit:

Only move if you plan to build stuff on your own, market there is limited currently.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:41 PM, Aaron Cain said:

When a game makes windows go into full restart i know something is wrong.  when it kills discord, all internet browsers something is wrong. when it kills the TP-link and the wifi-connection, something is wrong.

I have No idea what they are doing at the moment to correct something But the whole pre-launch, no issue. almost the whole alpha, no issue.  Last week, issue every 15 seconds and slowly DU is killing all my other programs including windows.

There are some nasty bugs in the client for sure. I've had a couple of total system freeze situations, where sound is stuck playing in a loop and nothing (including the mouse cursor) is responding.