GET IT TOGETHER NQ!

Tiberis

On 9/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, Proxie said:

People are not just going to deal with the server issues. They'll just leave. That's how this works, and you end up with a failed game. And don't get me started on the Discord. If you aren't a troll or a mega fanboy they mute you. Any feedback given is instantly shutdown. I was personally muted for reporting someone to the Mods for name calling, just because the Mods knew them. So you have no idea what you are talking about.

Work on making a solid sentence and we'll talk.

imagine saying the its a failed game while the game is still being made lol. 

I just purchased the game today. After installing I was able to create my character and log in but almost instantly crashed. I have tried 4 times all with the same results.  It seems like this is an ongoing problem....I guess I should have read the forums better before purchasing LOL! I guess I will come back in a few weeks and try again ?

6 hours ago, Sinfil said:

A failed game is one that is no longer profitable and so it fails. It can be made as long as it wants, so long as it is profitable. Look at Star Citizen, if the funding stopped so would the game, which is why they keep selling more and more ships.

brand new subscriber.. doing tutorials,  unable to do mining tutorial, surface harvesting, as it keeps bugging.. no floor, tutorial doesn't advance, teleported who knows where  etc.  I try to file bug reports but it seems that there is no place to do so,  I end up filing requests.. which is not what I wanted to do.  Now I read this thread, and frankly I figure I wasted my money.  I'll keep checking to see if there is any way to get a refund, but it's not worth my time now to enter the game.  I'll try again in a month or two.

On 9/4/2020 at 5:50 AM, RhenKhanhar said:

I've been playing MMOs for the last 20 years and I consider the current problems as minor and to be expected.

All of the problems? 

Like those of us who literally can't log into the game and so can't play at all - that's a minor problem?

I'd hate to see what you think is a major problem!

8 hours ago, Sinfil said:

. So how about you stop sitting on your high horse and give them time or go make your own damn game and see how hard it is. I so tired of people bashing nq because they cant fix a problem when you want them to. 

Are they working on the issues? How do you know? I've seen no communication from them acknowledging there issues, or that they're trying to fix them.

Say you bought an innovative washing machine,  and it didn't work,  stopped working all the time, threw your washing on the floor. So you contact their support and hear nothing, You find other owners have similar problems - and have heard nothing.

So you complain and ask for some action.

The response from you would be "get off your high horse! Try making your own washing machine - see how hard it is! Why should the washing machine company fix a problem when you want them to?"

3 hours ago, SirMaxxx said:

Are they working on the issues? How do you know? I've seen no communication from them acknowledging there issues, or that they're trying to fix them.

Say you bought an innovative washing machine,  and it didn't work,  stopped working all the time, threw your washing on the floor. So you contact their support and hear nothing, You find other owners have similar problems - and have heard nothing.

The response from you would be "get off your high horse! Try making your own washing machine - see how hard it is! Why should the washing machine company fix a problem when you want them to?"

Is that washing machine costing this tiny amount? To put in perspective I will definitely be dead of old age before this monthly subscription fee cost what my last washing machine cost. 

Most people would be happy there washing got half done before it got thrown on the floor.

Or it could be a lot worse and be like Star Citizen where they send you an email saying that after more millions and time than any AAA title, they still have not finished and their roadmaps have roadmaps. 

On another not I am finding the pending actions that last for hours and the inability to log in very draining in a beta. So while the game is so cheap its almost free, a persons time is not. I must admit I am falling into the "They went to beta to early" camp.

12 hours ago, Sinfil said:

See I just love how people most likely not even in the development scene can complain about a company not fixing a server issue a week into beta. ITS BETA AND BEFORE YOU BUY IT, ITS STATES ISSUES CAN HAPPEN. There the first to create a server that can hold the amount of people it holds with the scale of the game. You cant just hear a problem and automatically know how to fix it. These things take time. So how about you stop sitting on your high horse and give them time or go make your own damn game and see how hard it is. I so tired of people bashing nq because they cant fix a problem when you want them to. 

I gotta say that the stance you are taking here is admirable to say the least!

Firstly, the current official state of the game as per NQ is BETA - which I would hope that most of the player base will agree is not the actual "current state" gameplay OR server wise.

Like many before me have already said - Beta is to fine tune the game (systems, gameplay loops, markets, UI etc.) that are already in the place and this is done through increased player feedback due to more people jumping into your game when it should be close release.

The Beta "Testers" need to be able to put all the current game systems through its paces - something which most definitely cannot be done right now as some are bugged, poorly explained or flat out not working at all - Hello Tutorials :)

NQ may very well be the "first to create a server that can hold the amount of people it holds with the scale of the game" - but can you honestly say that this is what has been achieved?

Part of NQs own words are "One Universe with a million people on one server" - Currently the game and the server are having a stroke with the amount of players as it is now - and I can bet my house on the fact that it will be nowhere near 1 Million at any single time. I would be surprised if it was even 5% of that figure tbh (50k).

If anything, NQ should have been over prepared for this and then scale back the server at some point down the line. Unacceptable to be in Beta with some paying for a subscription when you cannot play due to disconnects etc. Remember these issues ARE NOT GAMEPLAY RELATED, they are the FOUNDATIONS upon which the game is built on top of!! - If this does not work, everything built on top falls down. Simples.

I have been a backer for DU for the past 6 months (I know, not long enough to have an opinion) and I very much gave NQ the benefit of the doubt with bugs, servers issues and poor systems as it was in Alpha and to be expected.

However, as soon as it went too Beta is when I started to take notice.

I find it totally unacceptable that they now charge a subscription fee for this in its current state. Thankfully as a backer I do not have to pay the sub, but that does not mean I find this practice acceptable or agree with it in any way. I would be pissed if I was on a 3 month sub for this at the moment.

12 hours ago, Sinfil said:

I do not believe the OP was saying that the game had failed - Only that this is how you get a failed game. Big difference.

5 minutes ago, Pigboy said:

and I can bet my house on the fact that it will be nowhere near 1 Million at any single time. I would be surprised if it was even 5% of that figure tbh (50k).

Based on the number of claimed territories on Sanctuary, I think the actual number is maybe 5k at most at any given time.

Their server backend has a long way to go. I keep getting weird errors and bugs while trying to mine.

One of the weirdest is the parameter not set which makes the last mine task mine the smallest possible size. Why would it do that? Why wouldn't it just .. not mine anything?

I hate to be like this, but the fact that we start in many cloned versions of the same starter city kind of made me laugh at the "single shard" concept in general. 

So we don't start on different versions of the same world separated by server, but you do start on different versions of the same city...it's still an experience where load is distributed and players aren't sharing the same space. 

I can only imagine how this will play out at scale when organizations want to play together or battle each other and the ability to force players into distinct regions to reduce load is limited...to be honest I think they overstated the novelty and capability of their tech, but I hope I'm proven wrong in time. 

16 hours ago, SirMaxxx said:

There are alot of issues, They cant announce there they are fixing each specific issue. 

I get that this is a beta, but starting off as a beta with a subscription already is rediculous.  Charge one time access fee for beta if you are going to charge (which is still lame imo), a fee that goes towards your first few months of actuall subscription at release.  To pay a subscription now for beta testing game that is broken (or overloaded) with no definite timeline till it's fixed is just incredibly sketchy business model.  I like subscription model for games that work.  For an extremely buggy beta, no way.

I honestly don’t get today’s mentality... $7 a month to play a still been developed game, yet, this generation goes to Starbucks and pays the same for a poorly made coffee every single day and call it heaven...smh

23 cents a day for a month or $230 for coffee, uuhmmm, hard choice here....

On 9/5/2020 at 2:38 AM, Wooden said:

brand new subscriber.. doing tutorials,  unable to do mining tutorial, surface harvesting, as it keeps bugging.. no floor, tutorial doesn't advance, teleported who knows where  etc.  I try to file bug reports but it seems that there is no place to do so,  I end up filing requests.. which is not what I wanted to do.

You can file bug reports at https://support.dualthegame.com/. Log in, go to "submit a request" and select "Report a Bug" from the drop down menu :)

Also: it seems many people have issues with the tutorials - but you don't need to enter those. If you like hit up @Armedwithwings and let him drag you into the game loop. Or any other group of players that welcome new players to help them out with how this game works. Once you get away from the most crowded areas, the experience improve significantly.

1 hour ago, Iorail said:

I honestly don’t get today’s mentality... $7 a month to play a still been developed game, yet, this generation goes to Starbucks and pays the same for a poorly made coffee every single day and call it heaven...smh

23 cents a day for a month or $230 for coffee, uuhmmm, hard choice here....

Agree 100%.  And its like, you know the Devs are trying.  They literally HAVE to make the game and servers work, or they dont get money.  This isn't Scam Citizen, people will just unsub. So its one week into beta, give them a break, and take the free month.  I'm not saying absolve them of everything, but lets give NQ a chance.  They are only asking for $7 a month, and with that $7 are trying to put EVERYONE in the same universe on as a level playing field as they can.  I do understand the frustration, but if it is really bad and you are a new sub to beta, id say just chill for the next month, try to get your skills in queue, and then apply for your free month.  

1 minute ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Agree 100%.  And its like, you know the Devs are trying.  They literally HAVE to make the game and servers work, or they dont get money.  This isn't Scam Citizen, people will just unsub. So its one week into beta, give them a break, and take the free month.  I'm not saying absolve them of everything, but lets give NQ a chance.  They are only asking for $7 a month, and with that $7 are trying to put EVERYONE in the same universe on as a level playing field as they can.  I do understand the frustration, but if it is really bad and you are a new sub to beta, id say just chill for the next month, try to get your skills in queue, and then apply for your free month.  

I think my problem is more that I don't know that the Devs are trying - I don't know because there's zero communication from the company.
And I suspect the Devs are salaried so they get their money regardless (until the company has to lay them off, if things get that bad, which hopefully they won't)

What free month? I've seen nothing about a free month?

I agree it's only $7 a month - and that's why I signed up, with a mindset of "well, even if I hate it I've wasted just $7 a month for three months" - unfortunately as I still can't even log into the game, even $7 does seem a high price to pay for, well, nothing at all!

I'm not sure what you mean by "Get your skills in queue" but the only skill I'm so far developing in the Beta is that of re-downloading, collecting log files and raising issues which I don't hear back about.

I like this quote, from entrepreneur.com
"

Depleted Credibility

Keeping your promises is imperative if you want to retain trust and grow your business. In fact, it should be one of your highest priorities. While some businesses that experience high client turnover are complacent with offering substandard work, most companies cannot afford to operate that way. It can take years to build up your credibility, and only one or two unhappy customers to make everything come tumbling down. If you cannot do something within a specific time frame or by a particular date, then be upfront about it. If they need to go elsewhere because you cannot meet their timeline, then so be it.

"

my emphasis

1 minute ago, SirMaxxx said:

I think my problem is more that I don't know that the Devs are trying - I don't know because there's zero communication from the company.
And I suspect the Devs are salaried so they get their money regardless (until the company has to lay them off, if things get that bad, which hopefully they won't)

I agree it's only $7 a month - and that's why I signed up, with a mindset of "well, even if I hate it I've wasted just $7 a month for three months" - unfortunately as I still can't even log into the game, even $7 does seem a high price to pay for, well, nothing at all!

I'm not sure what you mean by "Get your skills in queue" but the only skill I'm so far developing in the Beta is that of re-downloading, collecting log files and raising issues which I don't hear back about.

I like this quote, from entrepreneur.com
"

Depleted Credibility

Keeping your promises is imperative if you want to retain trust and grow your business. In fact, it should be one of your highest priorities. While some businesses that experience high client turnover are complacent with offering substandard work, most companies cannot afford to operate that way. It can take years to build up your credibility, and only one or two unhappy customers to make everything come tumbling down. If you cannot do something within a specific time frame or by a particular date, then be upfront about it. If they need to go elsewhere because you cannot meet their timeline, then so be it.

"

my emphasis

I just mean get your skills in queue IF you can, some people can get in game, but run into other problems. Some cant get in at all, and im not dismissing that frustration at all.  But we have to go out on a Limb, and say that the devs are trying, and trying hard.  There is no other income, at least that I know about, in the short term then subs.  Even after release its mainly subs, but maybe some cosmetics.  So ya the devs will get paid regardless in the SHORT term, if NQ wants log term prosperity, they gotta get that Sub money, which in turn kind of forces them...to you know....make the game work.  Thats all im saying.  Its one week into beta, lets give them a little time.  I'm not talking years, but 3-6 months seems reasonable to see some viable improvements in performance and other areas.   And I really do hope you or those of you havent got in, can get in the game and play soon, because when the servers not too fucky, im having a blast.  No other game does it for me so yes i desperately want other people to enjoy it too, because we need people to populate this world and make a cool living, breathing virtual universe to play in.  

1 hour ago, SirMaxxx said:

my emphasis

And to be fair, fine, you don’t get it and many are like you, but they have stated from the very beginning what they intended to do, and they even gave people a road map on the launcher. It’s not really about what they intend to do, it’s more of what they are doing. Many people haven’t even noticed that they are still working and putting out patches and restarts on weekends. If they just worry about Monday thru Friday and leave us to our fate on the weekend, sure. But they are not, they are here with us all the way.

Now, are they doing what some want them to do? No. Are they doing what they want to do without regards for the players? Absolutely no.

We have to step back and give them credit for pulling a game that is practically new when it comes to gameplay, still push patches and fixes on OUR days off and above all, try to make everyone happy while sacrificing their own happiness. We are too selfish to see it because it’s easier to point fingers. 

Right now it is off time. Can't even play in off time. Industries randomly stopping needing restart. Right now I can't even restart elements because they don't even show that they are active. Can't access market for hours because "loading rights". Mining is impossible. Support is nonexistent. Many features that should have come with beta isn't here yet.

I do not want to speak in an entitled way. I recognize that this is a beta, and betas are for testing. I just wish your overall strategy wasn't as ambitious and aggressive as the groundbreaking game tech (and game) you're attempting to develop. You obviously need either more servers, or more optimization, or higher prices (and thus lower playercounts) to keep the game somewhat playable. You shouldn't have charged for beta and you should have wiped it afterwards. Many of us are not here to test an unfinished game. We just want not to be left behind, and start at the right time in this groundbreaking sandbox. Charging for beta, that is mostly unplayable, from which there is no reset; it feels like the worst overall strategy you could have chosen for this game. I just wish you were a bit more conservative about your confidence of being able to keep up, knowing what you're attempting to do hasn't been done before.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, Proxie said:

People are not just going to deal with the server issues. They'll just leave. That's how this works, and you end up with a failed game. And don't get me started on the Discord. If you aren't a troll or a mega fanboy they mute you. Any feedback given is instantly shutdown. I was personally muted for reporting someone to the Mods for name calling, just because the Mods knew them. So you have no idea what you are talking about.

Work on making a solid sentence and we'll talk.

Yeah I experienced some of the real human trash on the official discord too. Asked a simple question about how to make a carrier with smaller ships on a larger one, one of the "special" people gave a short undetailed answer, so I asked for more information on how it works and was told to "take it or leave it and piss off". If thats the literal garbage the devs take favor with... this game and its community are already circling the toilet bowl.

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Yeah I experienced some of the real human trash on the official discord too. Asked a simple question about how to make a carrier with smaller ships on a larger one, one of the "special" people gave a short undetailed answer, so I asked for more information on how it works and was told to "take it or leave it and piss off". If thats the literal garbage the devs take favor with... this game and its community are already circling the toilet bowl.

I mean, that sucks you dealt with one tool shed.  But come on man, I literally here this about every game out there.  Person runs into one shitty person and then its "this community is so toxic!".  You are literally taking 1 isolated experience, and anecdotal evidence to paint a broad picture of a large group of people.   Anyone who has been around for awhile, especially 2+ years during alpha knows the there are tons of people out there willing to help people, and help people learn the game.  If anything tensions are just a bit high because a lot of new subs cant get in the game, server crashes, etc because its the first week of beta launch, and server has been hitting more logins then it ever has.   The actual reality of it is, there are just shitty people in this world, and even I can be a shitty person at times.  Its not isolated to one game, or games in general, or any one thing.  

On 9/1/2020 at 7:50 PM, Tiberius_Theron said:

And to be very honest here. If the server issues aren't fixed this week. I have enough recorded video to make a video covering the sheer lack of professionalism on NQs part. So future people buying know just how bad things really are, before buying. And I plan to do so.

The total lack of professionalism: 
The 24/7 round the clock help that people like NQ-Stargazer et al have been providing to players who have issues such as losing items during placement, crashing into the earth with a ship full of Large elements due to server crash / own player folly and fully repairing their ships, and teleporting people to places they need to go when they wind up at Sanc instead of their activated Resurrection location. Totally unprofessional.

Devs constantly trying to keep players informed of what they are doing and what they're trying to fix.  Trying to fix issues right now instead of next patch cycle.  Trying to give a cushion of how long servers will be down for maintenance/upgrade/bughunting so they don't grossly overshoot the deadline.  Totally unprofessional.

On 9/4/2020 at 10:58 PM, SirMaxxx said:

They post about it constantly on Dicord and on here.  On Discord, there are three channels that they use for updates:

dualuniverse-news
announcements
release-notes

If you are having a hard time finding them, they're the first three channels on the server. on the lelft-hand side.

Attached is a pic of where to find that info.

Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 8.46.35 PM.png

3 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

I mean, that sucks you dealt with one tool shed.  But come on man, I literally here this about every game out there.  Person runs into one shitty person and then its "this community is so toxic!".  You are literally taking 1 isolated experience, and anecdotal evidence to paint a broad picture of a large group of people.   Anyone who has been around for awhile, especially 2+ years during alpha knows the there are tons of people out there willing to help people, and help people learn the game.  If anything tensions are just a bit high because a lot of new subs cant get in the game, server crashes, etc because its the first week of beta launch, and server has been hitting more logins then it ever has.   The actual reality of it is, there are just shitty people in this world, and even I can be a shitty person at times.  Its not isolated to one game, or games in general, or any one thing.  

Keep in mind this was NOT some random person on discord. I would simply block/ignore them and move on. It was one of the higher ups, entrusted by the developers with special privileges to help players. Most of the other players were indeed quite helpful. But when the people running the show are rotten to the core, it doesn't matter how many good people you have in the audience, the show will suck.