GET IT TOGETHER NQ!

Tiberis

Frankly NQ has no excuse for these issues to still be a major thing. Their servers are with Amazon, and this can be easily fixed by upgrading. While I admit that most likely 25% of these issues are on client end. The other 75% are NQs problem. And NQs sheer lack of communication on the issues prove this. They are trying to take the stance of "If we just don't say anything, maybe it will go away." Which is BS.

I just wanted to add to this thread because I was looking around the forums for some info and this caught my eye, so for my first post here just wanted to say that I have had so much fun lately with this game, I haven't had any login issues or server drops like others, not trying to say what you guys are experiencing is not true or anything but just wanted to add that I haven't seen anything yet that would make me question the game.

I also wanted to add that I think I saw the OP at Sanctuary 7 yesterday :D I have a picture of your ship @Tiberius_Theron I think (it might not be you ofcourse), but I remember your name for some reason.

The only issue I have right now with the game and this is a stretch maybe, is that if you crash game wise your ship will also crash literally wise, had a friend who's ship crashed because his computer disconnected from the server and his ship crashed subsequently.

Now I know that the emergency controller is there to help with that situation but its also expensive mats wise, can't it be a couple T1 mats instead? Seems like an essential system even in perfect server and computer conditions because external factors can easily affect connection to a server.

16 hours ago, Greydog said:

I'm betting many of you weren't around for WoW's beta ...or a myriad of other beta failures. This is not unusual and is the reason there is a beta. 

If it were a supposedly "Live Release" and still had these issues I could see the angst, but it's not live, it's a beta that is only in it's first week of being stressed by a larger population. It is not even remotely completed to a point where it can go live.

I suspect the only reason they changed the pledges to monthly plans and lifted the NDA was because they needed the money.

oh i totally remember that s-show. That was my 2nd time doing any kind of beta testing. The first was for the SI expansion in Dark age. still not as bad as warhammers though. 

Also I would like to add, that even though they are small and have not publicly addressed some of the issues brought up here; they do have a job posting on thier website a few days ago for a senior network/server engineer. So there is hope, time will tell.

now if only I was stil working remote I could be playing instead of being in the office. 

5 minutes ago, MadmanMac said:

Ted Striker Sweating - Airplane GIF - Sweat Sweating Sweaty GIFs

I have it on good authority the above is the lone Dev tasked with dealing with the plethora of incoming support tickets. But rest assured, he is thanking you for your patience.

72dT.gif

Please fix crashing before I lose my only ship on some planet somewhere.

3 hours ago, MadmanMac said:

Ted Striker Sweating - Airplane GIF - Sweat Sweating Sweaty GIFs

I have it on good authority the above is the lone Dev tasked with dealing with the plethora of incoming support tickets. But rest assured, he is thanking you for your patience.

That's me fighting the queue and wondering if it will disconnect me yet again or finally let me play, because so far it's nothing but disconnects before i get in game.

6 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

That's me fighting the queue and wondering if it will disconnect me yet again or finally let me play, because so far it's nothing but disconnects before i get in game.

Same problem. Today has been pretty bad for me.  I've got some Chillhop streaming in the background just to stay calm about it.  Seems like it picks people at random to kick. This is only my second day and already I'm wondering if I need to wait a few weeks till they have this sorted out lol.

14 minutes ago, Tiller said:

Same problem. Today has been pretty bad for me.  I've got some Chillhop streaming in the background just to stay calm about it.  Seems like it picks people at random to kick. This is only my second day and already I'm wondering if I need to wait a few weeks till they have this sorted out lol.

Ive had it for 15 min and cant even play it, I can see a chargeback comming.

8 hours ago, Velase85 said:

oh i totally remember that s-show. That was my 2nd time doing any kind of beta testing. The first was for the SI expansion in Dark age. still not as bad as warhammers though. 

Oh man, I was living in EU when Warhammer Online released, that was beyond a sht show. No comparison to Dual Universe.

For those of you that have stated this is the worse release haven't been playing MMOs for very long.

Additionally, DU is doing something different and not your standard MMO.

Still, I'd like to think a lot of the current issues we're experiencing should've been addressed in previous alphas but I do understand certain issues only arise with real traffic, users, etc.

It has been a week since launch, 6 days since I first logged in, and the server stability has progressively gotten worse. The lack of communication and the lack of progress towards stability has left me thinking the folk running DU are untrustworthy and therefor not worthy of continual support. In fact it has gotten so annoying I think they deserve derision.

I bought the game about two days ago and only just got away from a market, randomly i will get a unhandled exception error which crashes the game, in fact it wont allow me to go very far on my hovercraft as it seems to do it repeatedly when i go a certain distance or speed. i put in a ticket on day one with dxdiag file and the last log for the game yet i havnt heard anything yet, if i dont get a response from the devs by Monday of this writing ill be asking for a refund. i wanted to love this game

For those who may suggest reason to the error, its not hardware or anything on my side and ive confirmed this with a full reset of my pc and a reinstallation of windows (i needed to do this anyways) but still getting the same results, hardware is enough for recommended specs too other than the GPU but still more than the minimum.

I have been unable to log on to this game for the past week after paying my sub fee... I feel this is a bit much. Beta is in all a pre relase with minor patching and fixing here and there. Not large server implications/coding issues, That right there is an Alpha Release. a little bit of false advertisment to get more backers... 

As a 13yr Eve veteran, I am really enjoying this beta. It currently has a good 'no hand holding' feel about it that Eve used to have. I have screwed up so many times even in the first week. The bugs are fine, it's a beta, that's why we're here.

You should have been on the forums the day that CCP released an Eve update that deleted the player's boot.ini. Now THAT was a bug.

7 hours ago, Anopheles said:

If past experience is anything to go by, DU will eventually apologise for bad communication, promise to do better and... repeat in a few months.

So just like CCP and Eve?  Also, where is the communication about these issues from NQ? They do realize we are paying for this right? This stuff should of been sorted out in the first few days. Furthermore, what was all the alpha testing for if they couldn't get these major issues taken care of. If I hadn't been following this game for two years I would've of stopped playing by now.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, Tiberius_Theron said:

Dear NQ,

While I am sure you are working steadily and extremely focused on dealing with the current server issues. I feel it's warranted since it's been nearly a week dealing with these issues, that server issues need to come to an end. And sooner than later. All Betas have a rough start. However this is the worse my community and myself have ever seen.

Server issues for much longer are simply not going to be accepted by the DU community. We are starting to lose players, because they have a bad taste in their mouths, and most will not return.

Players are spending hours and in some cases days on loading screens. Players are dealing with the constant pending operation, computing data, and terrain that doesn't load.

Players can't voice their concerns on Discord, due to the Mod Staff actively silencing discontent, and issuing unwarranted mutes. Which I assume you have directed. And on top of all this we get no communication at all. Just random restarts that actually make game play worse.

Regardless, the server issues need to be wrapped up and soon. You are charging for a Beta, that has no current way to cancel the subscription, and you expect players to just keep dealing with these issues. That's not how this works. Deal with the server issues, even if you have to schedule employees around the clock to get it done. There is no more time on this issue. NQ you are killing the game in the first week of Beta. There is only so much to do in the game, and currently players can't even do it.

See I just love how people most likely not even in the development scene can complain about a company not fixing a server issue a week into beta. ITS BETA AND BEFORE YOU BUY IT, ITS STATES ISSUES CAN HAPPEN. There the first to create a server that can hold the amount of people it holds with the scale of the game. You cant just hear a problem and automatically know how to fix it. These things take time. So how about you stop sitting on your high horse and give them time or go make your own damn game and see how hard it is. I so tired of people bashing nq because they cant fix a problem when you want them to.