11 Beginner Tips for August.

Majestic

A lot of the same questions get asked in game chat and on discord so I thought I would put some frequent ones here while I'm waiting for some crafting to finish that are valid as of August 2020.  Feel free to call me out on any that are wrong. Hope they help.

1. Do the beginner tutorial before venturing out. There are several items like the repair tool, Sanctuary Territory Unit and your first speeder that are picked up from this.

2. You can restart the tutorial any time by visiting the start building and pressing the button again on the top floor, using the PageUp and PageDown keys moves the tutorial back or forward through the steps if you need to skip a part or retry one. Your current objectives, if they aren't on your screen and are still active can be found on your map at the bottom right.

3. On Alioth(The planet you start on) there are teleporters that you can use to move between districts. Pay attention to which one you started on, it's on the wall behind the teleport pads. At the end of the tutorial you move to the Sanctuary moon and each district has a Shuttle that will take you to different parts of the moon, you may end up the other side of the planet from a home you may have started otherwise.

4. Avoid the Institute tutorials for the moment. Right now they have a lot of issues as it's Beta. Common problems will be inventory disappearing, re-logging to find yourself floating in space and ending up miles away from your base. If you end up in space, log on to discord and ask one of the NQ staff to teleport you back. Discord can be found under the community tab here https://www.dualuniverse.game/.

5. All building requires you to have a territory to build on and everything starts with a core. A dynamic core is for ships/vehicles and a static core is for buildings. You place those first then add to them.

6. To PM someone in game it's the same as other MMO's which is /w name.

7. To find your speeder among a sea of other vehicles open your map with either M or F4, select constructs and set destination. This will pinpoint your vehicle.

8. ALT is the universal opposite function button, to pick something up its Alt + the deploy tool, to fill in a hole you've dug it's Alt + the mine tool(with the material equipped) etc.

9. Some useful keys  - E changes the shape of the build tool.

CTRL + scroll changes the size of a build/mining tool.

R flips an item.

R+ scroll rotates an item.

Alt + V brings up a menu to change what names are on your screen.

Mouse Scroll is your throttle on your speeder.

Alt + Z is auto run.

10. To work with a specific material it needs to be equipped, open your inventory, right click the material and hit equip. If you have declared a container as linked(making it the default container materials are taken out of when building or put into when mining) then the material your using needs to be in there after you have equipped it.

11. 'Pending Operation' Is lag, give it a chance to catch up.

Move your speeder's stabilizers from vertical to horizontal for a speed and height boost.  

Press right click on your dynamic core to change function to "pilot", this will make it easier to fly:

W and S pitch (nose up and down)

Q and E  yaw (angle/tip ship left and right)

A and D turn left and right.

There are 7 tutorial systems at the districts. I have tried on numerous times to access these tutorial programs with very little joy.

I have found that if the tutorial doesn't rez properly and load all the assets, they cannot be completed. I also found that if you try multiple times to run the same tutorial (if it doesn't load properly) it does seem to eventually load on occasions. Alas, this seems to be a real hit and miss situation as I have only been able to complete 5 of the tutorials. Attempting to reload a tutorial that doesn't rez the full asset base simply leads to frustration and after 30 minutes of trying, I go and find something less frustrating to occupy my time with...

When will this be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 7:40 AM, PopeWazza said:

There are 7 tutorial systems at the districts. I have tried on numerous times to access these tutorial programs with very little joy.

I have found that if the tutorial doesn't rez properly and load all the assets, they cannot be completed. I also found that if you try multiple times to run the same tutorial (if it doesn't load properly) it does seem to eventually load on occasions. Alas, this seems to be a real hit and miss situation as I have only been able to complete 5 of the tutorials. Attempting to reload a tutorial that doesn't rez the full asset base simply leads to frustration and after 30 minutes of trying, I go and find something less frustrating to occupy my time with...

When will this be fixed?

You can force the tutorial to go to the next step with Left Shift + Page Down button combo. I think that's the right keys anyhow...

Does anyone know if there's a key to switch to a mouse flight control mode?