How to unsubscribe

Guest Saruman

@Bobbie

Maybe, just maybe you responding tow a two month old post may mean that in the meantime things changed.. like NQ adding an unsubscribe button not there when the post was made?

Subscriptions are handled through and by XSolla, not by NQ at all. You do not subscribe nor pay on a Novaquark page and we know that XSolla is owned by a (former) investor of NQ and they may have been "strongly encouraged" to use XSolla for their payment processing, we simply do not know even when it would be sensible to expect as much.

It would be really nice if NQ could go with PayPal for their processing as it's probably easier and more direct. But NQ will have their reasons and may well have a contract with XSolla excluding any options to use other processors.

You do not have a "contract" with NQ. This whole subject does not apply to you as you are not a subscriber to the game since you are a backer.

I get you do not know about how subscriptions for the game work for that reason but your comments really hold no ground in this context at all.

A subscriber to Dual Universe pays for his subscription through XSolla who handle this on behalf of NQ. As such, your subscription payment is with XSolla and not NQ. As a courtesy and as they realized that the way to unsubscribe is rather unclear, NQ added an unsub button which I assume pretty much triggers the unsubscribe function with XSolla so they do not charge you again.

For subscriptions, NQ does not handle any payments with the people subscribing directly.

the Stop auto-renewal is there..... but also not..... 

clicking on "my personal account" then "Upgrade Pledge" will take you to the screen where you can buy a sub.

from here, then click on your account name in the upper right and select "My products"

this will make the "Stop auto-renewal" button show up. Going straight to "my products" from the home screen will for some reason not make the button show up.

Edit to show screen without stop button in one tab and missing in the other. Bug is now repeatable.  (I pressed the button and it changed to "renew", but, that is the button)

image.thumb.png.49523a060db89cb288eebc699b93f8ab.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 8:48 PM, KuntChopsMcFrontButt said:

the Stop auto-renewal is there..... but also not..... 

clicking on "my personal account" then "Upgrade Pledge" will take you to the screen where you can buy a sub.

from here, then click on your account name in the upper right and select "My products"

this will make the "Stop auto-renewal" button show up. Going straight to "my products" from the home screen will for some reason not make the button show up.

Edit to show screen without stop button in one tab and missing in the other. Bug is now repeatable.  (I pressed the button and it changed to "renew", but, that is the button)

image.thumb.png.49523a060db89cb288eebc699b93f8ab.png

Thank you very much!!

I unsubscribed via Paypal before, but somehow they Charged me again although they should not be able to since i cancelled my auto-charge agreement... Whatever. I got charged again today and cancelled through Paypal and Dual Universe now. Hope this works this time. Without this post pointing out how to "find" the damn unsubscribe i would still struggling or have contacted the support by now.

I dont need a refund tho. I like the game and want to support it even when i dont play it that much right now. Not enough content. Just having a subscription for a game this early stage in a beta is strange...