How to unsubscribe

Guest Saruman

Guest Saruman

Hi everyone!

So i got this mail "Your subscription will automatically be charged the standard price every 3 months until you cancel." but how the hell can i cancel my subscription? i regretted the purchase and don't want to renew it again so how can i cancel it because i don't see ANYTHING in the website for that.

Hello, not sure its necessary to create a ticket for this...

I successfully canceled my subscription by clicking the link given in the email from Xsolla: "If at anytime you would like to cancel just follow this link unsubscribe."

Anyway its really a borderline commercial practice, to "force" people with an automatic renewal of there membership. You absolutely don't have any mean to refuse it before the payment.

About this, it could be a good idea to create a ticket...

unsub.jpg

43 minutes ago, Bayard said:

I successfully canceled my subscription by clicking the link given in the email from Xsolla: "If at anytime you would like to cancel just follow this link unsubscribe."

Anyway its really a borderline commercial practice, to "force" people with an automatic renewal of there membership. You absolutely don't have any mean to refuse it before the payment.

unsub.jpg

Awesome, will check the email again and see if that works for me too, thanks a lot!

Edit: it did work so thank you again :)

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the link in the email, I've never had a gaming site not have a cancel feature somewhere on the account page.  I'm one of those oldies who's been playing online games back before there was an internet.

Support has been terrible.  I asked for a refund after just a couple hours of playing.  A month later and I finally got a reply.  Which was no.  10 emails since, they still wouldn't cancel my account, at the least, and I finally saw this.  THANK YOU!

I'd gladly go back to SWG support after this nightmare.

@RealAnev

Well, since you subscribed through XSolla and not through Novaquark as is clearly stated during the process and on the emails you receive afterwards, if you try to cancel the sub through Novaquark you'd indeed get a no but I'm sure the wording is more in line with "please contact XSolla to cancel as we are not able to do so directly"

I think it's very unfortunate NQ got stuck with XSolla but it is what it is. Those preferring to just buy monthly, quarterly or yearly game time ad-hoc can always use MarkeeDragon's store where you buy one time game codes and not a recurring payment subscription.

Unfortunately I bought a package that came with several months of subscription included.  It wasn't until afterward that they decided to charge subs for BETA instead of at release. To say I'm POed about it is an understatement. I have never seen anyone charge a sub for a BETA game.  I am not going to pay for a sub for a game that is not even finished. If I could get a refund I would but I have not found any way to refund my remaining sub time.  In my case there was NO email with small print to unsub from.

I don't know NQs policy on this.  But with some companies requesting a chargeback from your credit card company without a good reason will earn you a permanent ban.

Unless you have a valid reason for the chargeback, or you're sure you never want to play again.  it's probably better to cancel your subscription through the link in the email.

What Atmosph3rik said.

Based on the XSolla T&C and the email sent out on completion of the transaction (it does not matter whether you claim to not have received it, it is sent) they provide you with the conditions which you agree with by paying the subscription and it contains the needed information to unsubscribe when you want to. It is unlikely a chargeback will be won and if it is, your card will likely be blacklisted with XSolla for any future transaction that may need to go through them so I'd try and avoid using that option.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, aolas68 said:

I hope this game will be better in few months, but till now it nearly kills my I710750H_RTX2080S8G 

Sounds like your cooling solution is not sufficient if that setup is having trouble running DU. Your laptop wil obviously run warm/hot due to the nature of DU and fans will be going full speed fairly constantly. This is not a "problem with DU" but you running a CPU intensive application on a platform not really designed for this. And yes, DU will drive your CPU harder than your average game because of it using AVX

Maybe post about this on a separate thread..

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2020 at 6:41 PM, Bayard said:

unsub.jpg

Thanx a lot!