It makes me sick ;-)

TonyMcS

Yes that's literal, not a comment on the game.  This didn't happen in my forays in the alpha but after 30 min following the tutorial - going up and down buildings searching for the elusive green waypoints, I found I had motion sickness.  Now I play lots of games and this has only happened before in Half-Life many years ago.

I think the reason is the really bad frames per second I'm getting.  I have a i7-9700 with 32 GB of memory and a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti.  DU is on my hard disk rather than my SSD.  I've tried multiple resolutions but it doesn't seem to improve the jerkiness.  I am running Microsoft Flight Simulator in 4K without a problem, although that is on my SSD.

Anyone have any suggestions to  improving my frames per second?

Just now, Daphne Jones said:

Oh, good question. Where is the cache anyway. I should make sure it's on an SSD now that I have a huge SSD.

I know where mine is, I selected its location when I installed(so did you). I just need to know how to make the game recognize its new location.

At your own risk :

regedit : and change what you want, backup before :)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Novaquark\DualUniverse\Settings]
"InstallFolder"="C:\\ProgramData\\Dual Universe"
"CacheFolder"="C:\\Users\\xxxxxxxx\\Documents\\Dual-Universe-Cache"
"PreviousCacheFolder"="C:\\Users\\xxxxxxx\\Documents\\Dual-Universe-Cache"

where xxxxxxx is your windows user name

• 1 year later...

Same here with the motion sickness.  I have gotten VR sick a few times but usually after hours with a headset on.  This happened in minutes with just a monitor.  I tried turning off the motion blur and some other settings but nothing really fixed it. Ill try moving it over my SSD and see if that helps and report back.