Delete character / start a new one

Nereid

There doesn't seem to be ...and a character reset only resets the character appearance and puts you at the beginning of the tutorial. If you lost your inventory due to a respawn you will not get any of it back. Trying to regain items received in the tutorial is not possible as it has already given them to you and will not give another.

The game gives 100k a day as a bonus ..and you can request items like your repair tool or other needed stuff that was lost from the NQ Staff in discord ..they will help. 

If you're stuck away from your location you can request a transport back to where you  were. If you have lost your speeder do a "locate construct" and it will give you a waypoint to it.

Bummer about the speeder ..I lost all my stuff in a respawn  and bought all the parts for a new speeder for about 250k just to find the old one after constructing the new one ..so I deconstructed one of them and cant sell any of the parts to regain my money ...lol

I've been working two days so far to get back to where I was.

edit* ..the 100k is a daily login bonus

Just now, Greydog said:

Bummer about the speeder ..

Yes. This was really bad luck. I was in the build tutorial and had a discon. After the reconnect I was in space - not able to get anywhere. So I tried a "force respawn". Lost all my items and I was missing my speeder. After locating it, the waypoint is just pointing to the center of sanctuary and says "0.6 su away".

Now I'm buying all the parts for a new speeder and just have 60k left. Not enough to purchase the more expensive parts.

check the map ...the respawn doesn't always put you back at the same the same district you were at when you got sent to space. (that is exactly what happened to me as well) ...try to determine which district you started in ..the shuttle in that district will take you to the corresponding sanctuary. You can use the district teleporters to move from one district to another then use the shuttle to get from the district to sanctuary.

Your speeder is most likely not under the surface, but rather on the other side of the planet.

14 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Your speeder is most likely not under the surface, but rather on the other side of the planet.

I had checked this in my last session and it just was below my feets, but in my own sector.

Now in the actual session (after a reconnect) the speeder is located at a different place in a different sector far away from any build but in between the district and my claimed sector.

This will be a long walk (about 10 km)...

PS: Maybe the locate button was bugged? it was just pointing to my location.

I just gone put game aside for another year. I love the look and feel of the game but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I all ready accidentally destroyed my Resurrection Node which I can't figure out how to replace. I don't understand the base building and I'm to afraid to do anything for fear of making mistakes. I feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark trying to figure out how do everything. Some of the stuff could be done with a lot less complexity and achieve the same results. Ill come back in a year and see how it's doing but right now I don't have time to sit here fumbling around trying to figure out what I supposed to do and how to do it with screwing up. 

I had the same question due to the same bug.

A broken tutorial put me also in a space, below the tutorial area.

The respawn caused loss of all inventory, including speeder items.

On top of all the failings Ive encounter in such a short time, I'm not surprised you can't reset/delete a character. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 4:34 PM, Rippah said:

I had the same question due to the same bug.

On top of all the failings Ive encounter in such a short time, I'm not surprised you can't reset/delete a character. 

27 minutes ago, Nothgrim said:

Same bug all gone, quiting DU for now, maybe somewhere 2021 when game comes out will try again

Had the same happened to me. Discord NQ stuff was able to fix it in less than half an hour.
I completely understand you and it probably won't change your opinion, but maybe someone else can find that little tidbit useful. 

You cannot reset your character for a whole loads of reasons but mainly because you are given stuff such as STU's which are one use.  Also to counteract the obvious griefing opportunities if you just let player restarted character at an time.  A lot of player have alts, if they could constantly reset this it would be a NIGHTMARE.  I understand your frustrations but I cannot see character reset ever being added.  My advice to anyone struggling at the start of the game - join and org, then you can start playing the game properly rather than worrying about a crappy speeder that you actually wont use after the first day or so and a resurrection node that you can buy for about 20k.

On 9/4/2020 at 3:34 PM, Rippah said:

What caused you to lose inventory was not a bug or an incorrectly spawned tutorial area, it was not paying attention when you are informed on how to exit a tutorial and doing a force respawn instead. You only have yourself to blame when you ignore important information provided to you.

Also the components to make a speeder are _very_ easy to make yourself in little time and a little bit of surface harvesting. If this is enough to upset you, there's a lot more surprises waiting I guess..

On 8/30/2020 at 4:10 PM, Nereid said:

A "locate construct" will not help, because the speeder is below the surface and not reachable. But the info about the 100k per day is useful. Because of bugs I have lost the speeder and about 150k.

You can do a "recall" from the map on any construct not more than 4k away.  Ergo if your ship is "below ground" you can get it back via the M or F4 key, right clicking on the construct, and click "recall" or is it "retrieve", and your ship will be dropped in front of you.

• 7 months later...