Questions about accessing the beta

Guest Punisher2020

Guest Punisher2020

I couldn't find the answer to this and I'm looking for clarification.

1) Is the only way to get into the Beta right now by signing up for a subscription?

2) If so, am I paying for 3 months of beta access or am I paying to get into the full beta and when it ends, My 3 month subscription actually starts?

3) If I do pay, I've seen a few forum posts mentioning that the servers are not 24/7 and that the main page on the website should have a schedule. I couldn't find a schedule there so I'm not sure igf those posts were referring to the Alpha only.

I'm asking because I can't find any direct info (which could just be me) and I have had this before where you pay for a sub, get in the beta, but then you sub starts when the game releases. 

I'm not really keen on paying for beta access (and having to continue paying) and then when the game releases I don't really have anything (other then the beta experience itself)  to show for it. I'm REALLY not keen on doing this if the servers arent up 24/7 (except for emergencies and some planned maintenance where down time is minimal.

2 hours ago, Guest Punisher2020 said:

1) Is the only way to get into the Beta right now by signing up for a subscription?

Yes, and it's likely to stay that way. The server costs for this many players alone are exorbitant.

2) If so, am I paying for 3 months of beta access or am I paying to get into the full beta and when it ends, My 3 month subscription actually starts?

Your subscription starts the moment you subscribe. It is a pay-to-test arrangement.

3) If I do pay, I've seen a few forum posts mentioning that the servers are not 24/7 and that the main page on the website should have a schedule. I couldn't find a schedule there so I'm not sure igf those posts were referring to the Alpha only.

They were referring to the Alpha. There is some scheduled daily downtime, and being a Beta (officially; I'd categorise it as an Alpha, personally) there are a lot of patches being deployed all the time, so there may be short (half hour or so) outages during the course of the day.

I'm not really keen on paying for beta access (and having to continue paying) and then when the game releases I don't really have anything (other then the beta experience itself)  to show for it.

In this case, the devs have said that they have no more total wipes planned, so you should enter "release" with whatever you have accrued by the end of beta, which should, given the anticipated length of the test phase, be a substantial amount of stuff as well as experience. You also get the chance to influence and help the development of the game as you go.

I'm REALLY not keen on doing this if the servers arent up 24/7 (except for emergencies and some planned maintenance where down time is minimal.

That shouldn't generally be a problem.

What should concern you, if you have reservations about paying, is the current quality of the experience. The game is very much still in development and the new user expereince can be frustrating. It's demanding on your hardware, and there are plenty of glitches. Subscribing is definitely paying to test the game, or at least paying to be load on the servers. There's certainly stuff to do, and it can be and is being done by lots of people and we're having a blast. But other people do have problems and you won't necessarily be got to in a hurry by the support team if you're unlucky enough to be one of them.