New Stuff

Laceyrose

Hi all..

And Im a second day newbie..  :)

Yesterday.. I spent my game time going over all of the tutorials that are given to read and trying to understand them, ...there is just a boat load and a half.

Ive gone to Sanctuary Moon, and even deployed my vehicle there.. but now, I *think* Im ready to go find my free piece of land.  I would like to go for a area close to the water spots.. but is having a base close to the water important ?.. but what is even more important, is Im just not sure how to get over to the spot I am thinking I want.

I will also appericate any and all tips and or suggestions to help me get started.. thanks !

Water is great since it makes for faster/easier landings if you put your parking space at water level, but you are also going to want to travel frequently to the markets. So it's a balance. This is why water spots near markets are mostly taken already.

Thanks for the help and being patient  :)

Im on the Moon, and there is a spot close to the water, that is several diamonds ( well, they look like red diamonds to me ) to the south of the city where you land at on the moon. 

LOL.. I hate being a newbie..

No problem, this game can be overwhelming for the best of us. :)

There are several cities (Markets) on the moon, so use the map F4 to look for interesting spots that are available. You will find minerals on the surface that you can harvest all over the planet, so don't worry about them when you select a place. The sanctuary moon territory is mostly about selecting a scenic place where you can build a safe place with no PvP.

If you are on a sanctuary moon, scan and locate t1 ores before you place your territory unit.  You cant mine on an hex you don't own.  Also, surface rocks are not evenly spaced.  I theeeeenk mountains and hills gave a higher density.

Well.. after I landed on the Sanctuary Moon, and finally decided which Hex to call home ( Im glad I chose it because Im not a pvp player )  .. I placed the beacon on it, and now have a home.  While I was on Althoith (sp  ? )..  trying out all my different tools and what have ya, I gathered a boat load of ores.   I have to clear out the rocks around my hex ?.. and the next hurdle is learning how to use what I have, to start learning how, and what I want to build.. right ?

Also ..I have a  .district.  question if you can help please ..  if Im in one district, and a friend is in another, and I jump to their district to game for a while,  .. how do I call out my ship ? 

46 minutes ago, Laceyrose said:

Well.. after I landed on the Sanctuary Moon, and finally decided which Hex to call home ( Im glad I chose it because Im not a pvp player )  .. I placed the beacon on it, and now have a home.  While I was on Althoith (sp  ? )..  trying out all my different tools and what have ya, I gathered a boat load of ores.   I have to clear out the rocks around my hex ?.. and the next hurdle is learning how to use what I have, to start learning how, and what I want to build.. right ?

Also ..I have a  .district.  question if you can help please ..  if Im in one district, and a friend is in another, and I jump to their district to game for a while,  .. how do I call out my ship ? 

I lost everything I had in my inventory (worth 400k) due to a bugged tutorial and subsequently a forced respawn. Good luck with building your home, I'm leaving this Beta until they have sorted it out :P

2 hours ago, Laceyrose said:

Well.. after I landed on the Sanctuary Moon, and finally decided which Hex to call home ( Im glad I chose it because Im not a pvp player )  .. I placed the beacon on it, and now have a home.  While I was on Althoith (sp  ? )..  trying out all my different tools and what have ya, I gathered a boat load of ores.

Alioth has a lot of ore underground as well as surface rocks. Without wanting to rain on any parade, "an inventory full" of ore isn't really a boatload... Just trying to massage your expectations. You're going to want a *lot* more than that to do anything significant, like set up a bit of industry at your new home.

I have to clear out the rocks around my hex ?

:) You can *try* and clear out the rocks... But they respawn! Which isn't really very fair... :) But it does mean you have infinite amounts (though gathered quite a lot more slowly than if by mining) of T1 and T2 ores to play with or sell for money.

First, you have to disassemble your ship and put it in your nanopack (colloquially: pocket). There are three stages, as I see it, to taking a construct to bits.

1. Grab all the voxels
    Go into Build Mode (B);
    Select the "Voxel selection" tool (7 by default);
    Draw a box of volume around your speeder which covers all the volume occupied by the speeder;
    Press the Delete key [DEL]. NOT the Backspace key, Delete.
    This should pick up all the voxel cubes and other shapes that make up your speeder, leaving the elements and core.

2. Grab all the elements
    Still in Build Mode;
    Select the "Deploy Element" tool (1 by default)
    Point your targeting pip at an element and hold ALT down;
    Press Delete (again Delete not Backspace)
    Repeat for every element. Some of them are quite small and easy to miss. But if you have missed one you won't be able to complete step 3 below.
    Leave Build Mode (B).

If any of the elements are damaged, you'll have to repair them before you can pick them up. For that you'll need some "Scrap" which you can make in your nanoconstructor (again, Colloquially: pockets) from the rocks that are lying everywhere. Use the 9 (repair) tool when not in Build Mode.

3. Pick up the core.
    By now you should be left with just the naked core. You should be able to pick that up with the Deploy Ground Element Tool (5 by default I think). If you can't, you've probably missed an adjustor somewhere, go back to step 2 and check.

After successfully completing these three steps, you should have all the components of your speeder back in your pockets. You can check this by right-clicking the speeder Blueprint you have, and Inspecting it. There will be a list of required components, and what you have and do not have available "Dynamic Core XS 1/1". From this state, you can deploy the blueprint in the same way you did initially.

Well, now that I think Im ready to build .. Im not so sure :)   After running waaaaaay over to the far corner of my Hex, to do some ' practicing ' ..   and for the life of me.. I can not figure it out what it is that Im supposed to do to start building. 

And I do have to say, that the information on how to do things in the tutorial is so vague.  

8 hours ago, Laceyrose said:

Well, now that I think Im ready to build .. Im not so sure :)   After running waaaaaay over to the far corner of my Hex, to do some ' practicing ' ..   and for the life of me.. I can not figure it out what it is that Im supposed to do to start building. 

And I do have to say, that the information on how to do things in the tutorial is so vague.  

One of the tools in your main (not Build mode) toolbar is the "Deploy construct" tool. Go into Tab mode, so your mouse cursor is active, and hold it over each tool to see the tooltip; I'm pretty sure you can identify the right tool this way.

Drop out of Tab mode and open your Inventory. The Speeder (or racer) blueprint should be in there. Double-click it and close your inventory. This should "equip" the BP and, by default, have you using the correct tool. That being the case, you should see an outline box in the area in front of you. Make sure you're not in a no-fly zone (you shouldn't be, if you're in your Sanctuary hex) and that there's clear space where the box is. When the box outlines are white (not red), you should be able to click your LMB to place the Speeder. A second or two later, networking Gods permitting, your Speeder wil rez in.