"SORRY THERE WAS AN ERROR WITH AUTHENTICATION"

SerZaku

As the title says, I get the message "SORRY THERE WAS AN ERROR WITH AUTHENTICATION" whenever I try to login to the DU main page login. I am fairly sure that I clicked on the confirmation email, but just to be sure I requested a new authenticator key to re-confirm. The problem is that I'm not getting any emails from Dual Universe and thus no new authentication key. I honestly have no clue what's wrong as I can login to the forum part of the website perfectly fine.

I do plan to buy membership once this is sorted, so please do let me know if I've missed something or done something wrong on my end.

Much appreciated,

I've been having the same problem.  Contacted the third party Xsolla billing company but even they couldn't help me after even sending  them a screenshot
of my paypal transaction.  First time I've bought a computer game and can't even download it!  Frustrating as heck.  No response yet after I ticketed the item.
Just won't let me create a new account - says my email is already in use.  Yeah, that would be me, I'm the only one using it.

Ironic, was able to register for these forums in under a minute.  No problem.

4 hours ago, Angus said:

I've been having the same problem.  Contacted the third party Xsolla billing company but even they couldn't help me after even sending  them a screenshot
of my paypal transaction.  First time I've bought a computer game and can't even download it!  Frustrating as heck.  No response yet after I ticketed the item.
Just won't let me create a new account - says my email is already in use.  Yeah, that would be me, I'm the only one using it.

Ironic, was able to register for these forums in under a minute.  No problem.

Yeah, even after thhey forced password resets on everyone today I still can't.  I got the email about the security issue from them but if I go into the password reset link it says "Please check your email to update your password." but it never sends me the password reset link.  I'm about to give up, very frustrating.

Yes I was hoping they fixed the problem this morning too but no dice.  I guess this is where you just got to be patient.  Patience is a virtue right?

They probably have some kind of code security check somewhere in the software that is buggy, that has poor algorithm logic regarding the
status of an account i.e. what is active and what is not.  I got some really bizarre errors  with "Display Name" not correct.  Or that my email
was already in use.  So the system thinks I have an account already when it just has my email.  But apparently the problem is even deeper
because it is effecting people like you who already have had accounts. 

It's really borked.

Right folks. Ive been in the same boat but I managed to find a solution. I had to download Firefox browser and then open a private window (Firefox's equivalent of Incognito). Then, and ONLY then, did the password reset email come through. Didnt work on Chrome or IE. Obv not guaranteed to work for everyone but this isnt some annoying fobbing off thing, Ive had that all night from them on Discord.

Sadly I have already badgered Xsolla for a refund so chances are I will be banned before long but I hope this helps someone. Best of luck

This is from the official Discord and may help you

NQ-Nyzaltar: @hereDear players,

Following this maintenance, passwords of all accounts have been reset.
We are currently investigating a security issue on dualuniverse.game website. A very small group of accounts has been affected by a personal data disclosure, which we are taking very seriously. However, rest assured that even for those affected accounts, the data related to your banking information (like credit card number) hasn’t been leaked and is totally safe.

The issue
This issue happened during account activation and, in rare cases, allowed a player to access an account which was not his / her own, giving access to the name, surname and email address of the said account. No other information has been accessed.

What we did
After we noticed the issue, we immediately investigated and worked all weekend long. We were able to push a fix this morning at 9:00 UTC that fixed the issue, based on the information currently at our disposal. We continue to investigate deeper the root cause of this problem to make sure it won’t happen again and why this issue was not reported during QA tests. Since some account passwords were changed, we reset all players' accounts as a precautionary measure.

What you need to do
Our changes were to secure your account. However, it means you won't be able to login before changing your password via this link: https://www.dualuniverse.game/forgot-password
- Enter your email address and click on "Send Link".
- You will get an email within a minute or two.
- Click on the "Reset Password" button in this email.
- Fill in your new password and click on "Update Password".
- In rare cases, you may get an error message with an "undefined error". In this case, just ignore it and head over to your mailbox again.
- You should get an email confirming the change was successful within a minute or two.
- If not, please contact support at https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us
Dual Universe, The Game

For everyone having this issue, use Mozilla Firefox browser to open your email in an in-private page. E mail should come in and you will be able to reset your password. Doesn’t seem to work in Chrome at least for me, only with Firefox.

28 minutes ago, Iorail said:

For everyone having this issue, use Mozilla Firefox browser to open your email in an in-private page. E mail should come in and you will be able to reset your password. Doesn’t seem to work in Chrome at least for me, only with Firefox.

I did this and still no email.  2 days ago I subscribed and I cannot create an account or change a password (that the system apparently has).  I'd like to play the game but no matter
what I've tried, the system doesn't allow me to create an account.

Well, as a follow up I finally was able to fix the problem on my own (nothing from the support desk) but not too big a surprise as they are obviously quite busy right now, what I did was
simply use another email account that I have via gmail (that I use for Youtube).  Using this along with the Recruiter Activation code worked and I am now able to download the game.

NOTE:  My case may be unique as I went through an authenticated game recruiter and received an activation code from him.  i.e. I purchased the game code via paypal from him (not Dual

Universe directly).  So this may be the problem with the Recruitment process.  So hopefully they will get to this soon as it is pretty frustrating.  I'd prefer the account was with my
main email account, not the secondary one I rarely if ever use.