Refund?

Soturno

thanks for the discussion guys, helped me a lot. 

but this game is the same as empyrion, even some icons are the same. Where is the groundbreaking game? I see in the youtube tutorials a few cool stuff, but its not really new for me.

Why should i stop playing empyrion or eve online and pay for DU betatesting? I dont think that this subscription model will work for an beta. I will be back in a few months. But actually, there are to less interesting stuff for me, for a new beginning.

9 minutes ago, Kray said:

thanks for the discussion guys, helped me a lot. 

but this game is the same as empyrion, even some icons are the same. Where is the groundbreaking game? I see in the youtube tutorials a few cool stuff, but its not really new for me.

Why should i stop playing empyrion or eve online and pay for DU betatesting? I dont think that this subscription model will work for an beta. I will be back in a few months. But actually, there are to less interesting stuff for me, for a new beginning.

Its not up to us to convince you this game can become great. 

You are not doing anyone a favor for being here or paying a subscription. You are investing on the future of this game, so in the future you can get a return. 

If you dont think the investment is worth it just based on 2 bad days, dont invest. 

I wish people would stop thowing their money at stuff without actually researching what it is they are throwing their money at but then expecting to be bailed out....
This is not a scam, they are not "deceiving" this is a beta.... 

The only thing I take issue with is NQ calling this a beta... A beta is a functionally complete bit of software that is in the lockdown phase (no additional major features) and that should undergo testing for sanity and robustness.... For all intents and purposes, this software is still just as much an alpha as it was 10 days ago.... Calling this a Beta is a marketing rather than a development decision, I'm sure.

So putting these two things together.... The company is playing fast and loose with definitions, (just like everyone does in the modern, post-truth world we live in...)  but also now more than ever, the onus is on the consumer to make sure they don't part with their money unless they are 100% happy to write it off...

* I should know, I'm an SC kickstarter backer ?

On 8/30/2020 at 4:20 PM, Evolution73 said:

I'm going to be brutally honest here. Because I really think the Dev's need and deserve that. Let me state that I have been in MULTIPLE Alpha and Beta tests of numerous products over the last 16 years. I know what I am talking about. Also, I couldn't give a rats A** about the twenty dollars. Its not about the money, but giving honest feedback. Also, I think the game's concepts are very good. But that will not matter at all if they aren't implemented correctly.

This is NOT a beta. This is an early access. Dev's don't charge people to Beta test their products. Betas let people stress test your product so they can find bugs that would not appear under non-stress scenarios. Also, this game is not in a Beta condition. In it's current state it is closer to a late Alpha build.

This game is a mess ATM. Its is VERY un-optimized.  Ridiculously low FPS on high end machines. Disconnects. Crashes. In truth, this should not be in Beta.  And charging people to test it in this state is going to draw backlash. Do you pay your Employer to go to work every day? I'm betting you don't.

Let me finish by saying I REALLY hope this game gets off the ground. It has some great ideas and would make a great MMO. But, a release is nowhere on the horizon. In its current state I would say it need at least another 12-16 months of development. I will probably re-visit it in 4-5 months from now  to see where it is at.

I Truly wish the Dev's good luck with it. And to keep going. It has a great concept. Just needs better execution.

Very nearly everything you say there is right on the money. I even agree that Betas should be largely for volume testing. However, it seems to me that the trend towards early access and crowdfunded games has driven a general smearing of the range of meaning of what is an Alpha and what a Beta is for. Enough so, that the labels are, by now, meaningless and every game release needs assessing on an individual basis.

Obviously, due to NQ's deeply puzzling NDA policy, there wasn't very much evidence upon which to judge the state of DU, so anyone spending their money was taking a risk, with varying degrees of calculation, and inversely proportional degrees of satisfaction.

Many of the problems we're experiencing are indeed "beta-grade" problems encountered with scaling the player base. Most of the lag is about server comms telling your box what to render, rather than giving your rig conniptions in rendering what it's been told to. But I wouldn't expect Beta code to be optimised very far anyway.

Nobody knows why NQ have gone to "beta" with at least three key game features (Avatar v Avatar personal combat; Atmospheric Construct v Construct combat and avatar customisation - there were different "outfits" as part of some backer packs, currently totally meaningless for everyone) completely missing and bundles of placeholders (or at least I hope they're placeholders) in the industry/building systems, but their roadmap always did have those features missing at the transition to beta, and that's been publicly, though somewhat obscurely, available since December last year.

When I enter "David" it doesn't tell me it's invalid. Since it works here, I suspect there might be an incompatibility with your browser? Which do you use and which version of it?

You could try and use another Browser - Vivaldi for instance. If that works you can give valuable feedback via support ticket to point out that it doesn't work in the other browser - whichever it is :)

On 8/29/2020 at 12:55 PM, joaocordeiro said:

Lets not rage against uninformed ppl. 

They only commited 1 mistake, not understanding what beta is. 

Its ok. They are entitled to be fustrated. 

But know this, all those restarts and downtime are a result of NQ making progress with the game development. 

Some projects out there dont have several update daily because they are dead. 

We understand your fustration, but if you can keep with us for the 90 days you will see it was worth it. 

I was thinking that too, João. But the problem is that after 12h maintenance, I lift off and crashed twice to travel 35km away from my base, couldn't even get into the District, didn't even bothered to try and do the mission I was assigned to. So I'm now unable to play and with low morale in my organization because of issues that are out of my control. 

I didn't paid 21$ tho, I paid 120$. In Brazil today this is 636,30R$. Our minimum wage in 2021 will be R$ 1.067. So ok, this is beta. But doesn't remove the fact that this is also insulting as hell as there are families that live the entire month on this amount of money I throwed into a game, only so they can save money in server capacity? 

What you people are claiming is absolutely ridiculous. You are like a delusional cult.

The guy is saying that considering this is a beta launch, and the game has a paid subscription he should be able to spend that time IN GAME. That is an extremely fair and logical expectation from someone JUMPING into a FREAKING BETA. He paid for a game, not a loading screen.

If the issues are so prevalent then the devs should have removed paid subscription all together, gave unlimited access to anyone who bought the game till the launch, and start the subscription countdown after the launch - That is fair and reasonable.

If anyone disagrees with this basic concept, get your mind checked out. Nothing in offense, but something ain't right with you.

I think the people with the pitchforks should step away from their monitors and to examine why their time matters so little to them that they spend it compiling essays about the meaning of the word beta and how very upset they are that the space game is not working. What in the world is wrong with you? If you’re really that much of a petulant child, get a refund and close this browser window. Maybe go outside, because damn your priorities are messed up as hell.

On 9/5/2020 at 9:43 PM, McKie said:

McKie is my last name.  I know what my first name is and it is the most common name on the planet

Capturefn.JPG

Let mention above, it’s invalid cause the space after David is not a valid character, can’t have spaces before or after like that.