Is progression possible without ever visiting a market?

Ambaire

Title. Once I set up my territory claim on the moon, is it possible to progress to building space ships without ever leaving my claimed territory?

I've only put a couple hours into the game so far, but the suit constructor doesn't seem to be able to build advanced stuff nor the refineries and constructors necessary for the advanced stuff.

Am I missing something obvious?

Long time Empyrion player here so I was sorta hoping DU was Empyrion turned up to 11.

It’s very possible, gather T1 ore and refine it in your nanopack, then build yourself an xs container to put the refine ore, sell or don’t pick any T2 ore, don’t need it right away. Create yourself an Assembly Line S (don’t bother with the xs) and 2 xs containers for input and output, so you can build an Assembly Line M. There is where you can build all the other industries and the container S which you need for storage and inputs and outputs for the industry. Then keep growing from there always using your nanopack for reference and to craft anything else you need to craft the industries.

You can always gather t2 while waiting for the industry to finish and sell it for money in case you want to buy some stuff and speed up the process. 

40 minutes ago, Ambaire said:

Long time Empyrion player here so I was sorta hoping DU was Empyrion turned up to 11.

Sorta. You have to build the things your nanoconstructor (aka "in your pockets") that you can, and *they* can build the things you need to build the things you need. It's a classic "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" arrangement, the same as you need to build a small constructor in your suit constructor, then a medium constructor in the small constructor, than a large in the medium, in Empyrion.

1 hour ago, Ambaire said:

Title. Once I set up my territory claim on the moon, is it possible to progress to building space ships without ever leaving my claimed territory?

I've only put a couple hours into the game so far, but the suit constructor doesn't seem to be able to build advanced stuff nor the refineries and constructors necessary for the advanced stuff.

Yes, you can craft a basic spacecraft with the ores you find on your sanctuary moon territory

It's much slower.  In the last alpha session I painstakingly built all the industries I needed.  Took a couple of weeks.

This time I bought them.   In minutes.

Also xs industry is useful for keeping an industry process going while you go for a wander.