Territory Unit

Iorail

• 2 weeks later...

I had completely forgotten about this as moving day keep getting delayed, but today was the day. When you remove a territory unit (regular not to be confused with an STU) after the 7 days, nothing happened, the TU goes in your inventory but any static cores (buildings and all that’s in them) stay there. They don’t go abandoned, neither do the cores go bye bye. The only downside to this is now the land is no longer claim and you can’t add anymore cores but you can still continue to build up existing cores.

16 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

That's very interesting, but if someone else place their TCU on the hex you are in big trouble.

Why do you say that? You won't be able to place any cores, sure, same as if it were unclaimed land, but ownership of the land doesn't grant any rights on the constructs on that land, does it?

2 hours ago, Kezzle said:

Why do you say that? You won't be able to place any cores, sure, same as if it were unclaimed land, but ownership of the land doesn't grant any rights on the constructs on that land, does it?

No, we tested this also. Someone else on Thades did me the favor of placing a TU (that I provided along with the 160k Quantas). He could edit the soil but not access any of my doors or interact with my constructs at all, no access to chest or vehicles either. So anyone can build, abandon and still own the structures on the hex, minus the land. The second person will own the land but not the structures on that land. I don’t know if this intended or bugged, but I think that if someone looses the TU for any reason whatsoever they should loose ownership of the static constructs also, imho. This will prevent people from building, moving, building and moving, etc, potentially ruining building areas for others.

8 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

Sounds very much like a bug to me, the potential for exploiting this is kinda obvious.

Whereas to me it sounds exactly like intended behaviour. I'm not seeing any serious exploit, and none at all that won't go away as soon as territory warfare becomes a thing.

3 hours ago, Kezzle said:

Whereas to me it sounds exactly like intended behaviour. I'm not seeing any serious exploit, and none at all that won't go away as soon as territory warfare becomes a thing.

Actually there is but I’m not going to go into details here at all. I’ll just write a ticket about it and pray they change this so all the structures on a hex that no longer has a TU go abandoned instantly.

It doesn't have to be abandoned, but as the owner of a hex I should be the master of anything permanently placed there

Making PvP the only way to transfer ownership seems very excessive for a game that is not supposed to be only about PvP.

What if someone actually did peaceful negotiation and bought a hex (including static constructs) from someone else? I know this might sound very radical, but I have heard rumors that it might be possible to achieve things without all out war.

16 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

It doesn't have to be abandoned, but as the owner of a hex I should be the master of anything permanently placed there

Making PvP the only way to transfer ownership seems very excessive for a game that is not supposed to be only about PvP.

What if someone actually did peaceful negotiation and bought a hex (including static constructs) from someone else? I know this might sound very radical, but I have heard rumors that it might be possible to achieve things without all out war.

Conquer is one of the 4 main things they had on their website. PvP is a major part of this game whether you like it or not. And we are playing a GAME. Maybe dont get so attached to pixels and have some fun. If shit gets blown up so what. And if you dont want to lose it.....its called SANCTUARY MOON. 

It's how you are condescending towards pvp in many of your posts. Sure there will be a way to transfer, eve has these mechanics no doubt DU will too in time when NQ Makes QoL Patches, like how the god awful talent system is (cant add new skill to top of queue). Most of your posts tho are dogshit. I do believe the lines between reality and fantasy are a bit blurred for you. You are exhibiting a lot of the early warning signs. Hopefully you can fix this, as I do wish you well.

15 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

PvP is one of the four main pillars, not the main pillar. This is something JC/NQ has been very clear about since the beginning. All I said is that there at least has to be a possible way to transfer ownership without PvP.

There is: tokenisation. Or just abandoning it and walking away. Any means of involuntary forced transfer (like replacing a TU granting ownership) is already PvP. It's just not shooty-PvP.

20 hours ago, Iorail said:

Actually there is but I’m not going to go into details here at all. I’ll just write a ticket about it and pray they change this so all the structures on a hex that no longer has a TU go abandoned instantly.

I'll take your word for it, and applaud the restraint :) Entirely prepared to have missed something.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think that placing a core, then moving your TU, in order to place another core elsewhere is OP. Because it still costs you static cores, you don't have many of them, even with all your talents spent on "Architect".

2 hours ago, Mr_Zer0 said:

I don't think that placing a core, then moving your TU, in order to place another core elsewhere is OP. Because it still costs you static cores, you don't have many of them, even with all your talents spent on "Architect".

Create a 1 man org, lvl the appropriate skill, 500 extra cores..... but none of that matter anymore