Broken economy

joaocordeiro

5 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

I, a damn pirate, had to build a industry line to offer res nodes at 150000 because without me the price would be 1M.

Thats the player economy working for you. Pirates selling res nodes.. 

You are not a pirate. Not yet. You want to be a pirate, and to your credit, are putting in the work necessary. Even to the point of helping create the economy which is necessary for pirates to exist and prey upon.

This game is not about just jumping into roles that are established in a flourishing (by artifical means) economy and society. The big tagline for this game from the beginning has been about "building a civilisation". We are still at the "from scratch" stage. Mostly. The building civilisation part has to be there for everyone, since if it's completely avoidable for anyone, it effectively doesn't exist, and, as I've said, it's one of the core concepts of the game.

9 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

And again, that's not what NQ wants. 

So, you know best what NQ wants?
Last info that I saw was "player driven economy", so in your view: for NQ, "players" mean bots?
Also, there are other games with automatic economy where you can do pirating (i.e. E:D). This game should be something more than simple "buy and shot".

2 hours ago, Lucjan said:

So, you know best what NQ wants?
Last info that I saw was "player driven economy", so in your view: for NQ, "players" mean bots?
Also, there are other games with automatic economy where you can do pirating (i.e. E:D). This game should be something more than simple "buy and shot".

When nq has q&a videos on youtube saying pl should have a choice in what job theu wana do, i assume they mean it. 

2 hours ago, Kezzle said:

You are not a pirate. Not yet. You want to be a pirate, and to your credit, are putting in the work necessary. Even to the point of helping create the economy which is necessary for pirates to exist and prey upon.

This game is not about just jumping into roles that are established in a flourishing (by artifical means) economy and society. The big tagline for this game from the beginning has been about "building a civilisation". We are still at the "from scratch" stage. Mostly. The building civilisation part has to be there for everyone, since if it's completely avoidable for anyone, it effectively doesn't exist, and, as I've said, it's one of the core concepts of the game.

I actualy have a ship with 2 m railguns sitting on alioth because im making you guys res nodes... 

Gameplay mechanics of DU :

1 mining

2 crafting

3 flying

4 fighting

optionnal : building and coding

Quanta actually have no value ingame , if you want only fight, you can't if you dont do your part in org that's all, no need to have BIG org to have big industry.....group of 5 active players is barely enough.

Market will  rise with casual for casual'; i dont see actually any incentive for pvp players/pvp orgs to sell something on market, in fact it's the exact opposite.

Play the game as it is.

Finally the game is starting to work as intended. A PLAYER driven economy. I have had to fly around the ark ship in search of the precious few bits and pieces we can’t make in our factory yet. (Lights, container hubs). The prices are Whooooooo high.... but I’m willing to pay them because I need the parts.  

supply and demand, baby, it’s a beautiful thing!

if you can’t buy it, buckle up (can’t use man-up any more T_T) make a factory yourself and sell it for an obscene profit. 

2 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

When nq has q&a videos on youtube saying pl should have a choice in what job theu wana do, i assume they mean it. 

Yes, ppl will have a choice (later, becouse this is just a beginning, not release), but now it is quite obvious - we need to build and craft stuff - that is "player driven economy". If you don't want to participate in this process then simple take a break till market will evolve to balanced state or put expansive buy order to encurage manufacturers to sell their stuff. That's how free market works. For now, this might be perceived as a problem for pvp'ers but later maybe I will be complaining about inevitable pvp encounters (I was always a pure pve player), and then should I ask NQ for disabling pvp? it's obvious I will not, becouse with wide pvp the game is better. Same with market - in longer run free is better (IMO but RL proves it either, ofc there could be some bots with essential stuff but less=better)
I don't want to change your opinion, it's just my feedback.

Just now, Lucjan said:

Yes, ppl will have a choice (later, becouse this is just a beginning, not release), but now it is quite obvious - we need to build and craft stuff - that is "player driven economy". If you don't want to participate in this process then simple take a break till market will evolve to balanced state or put expansive buy order to encurage manufacturers to sell their stuff. That's how free market works. For now, this might be perceived as a problem for pvp'ers but later maybe I will be complaining about inevitable pvp encounters (I was always a pure pve player), and then should I ask NQ for disabling pvp? it's obvious I will not, becouse with wide pvp the game is better. Same with market - in longer run free is better (IMO but RL proves it either, ofc there could be some bots with essential stuff but less=better)
I don't want to change your opinion, it's just my feedback.

Why dont we do it the oposite way?

Players will have all choices now. 

And the economy will be player driven(and not player exclusive) in some weeks, when industrialists decide they want to start selling to the general population? 

I'm an Industrialist Player but completely new.

I have played about 10 hours so far and managed to get up medium industry. While also learning the game.

Its just getting to the stage where I could produce some of the things OP is after. But its going to take time. The first things to hit the market are bound to be very expensive. 

OP has to accept that people starting from scratch don't have their products to market yet. No one is going to be selling large ships and weapons for peanuts on day 2.

6 minutes ago, Hero164 said:

OP has to accept that people starting from scratch don't have their products to market yet. No one is going to be selling large ships and weapons for peanuts on day 2.

Nope, i dont have to accept that. I can suggest an alternative. 

Make bots sell weapons for a absurd price that any player can undercut. 

That way anyone can buy weapons, and defend themselfs against the already existing pirates. And industrialists can gradually take over the market from bots once they decide to sell. 

1 minute ago, Easpada said:

as someone working on industry and producing products for the market and leader of my org, i'd like to know what seems to be missing, i'll gladly start working to fill that void

I need a L radar, M railgun ammo, a remote controller.

22 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Why dont we do it the oposite way?

Players will have all choices now. 

And the economy will be player driven(and not player exclusive) in some weeks, when industrialists decide they want to start selling to the general population? 

hmm, maybe because there is no Santa, and every NQ intervention destroys beauty of creation?

7 minutes ago, Easpada said:

sounds good i'll start working towards that :)

As I write from beginning - it's simple. You are part of the market, create demand with proper price and there will be supply (in reasonable time and quantity). Even if you are in a strict pvp org (piracy), maybe you should gather some alone industrialists who will run a factory to satisfy your demand.

2 minutes ago, Lucjan said:

Even if you are in a strict pvp org (piracy), maybe you should gather some alone industrialists who will run a factory to satisfy your demand.

Basicaly making markets useless and destroying the open market ideal. 

4 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Should NQ quit developing then? 

I think you don't understand what intervention means. Developing isn't an intervention, but i.e. putting market bots into action is intervention (to satisfy enormous demand, stabilize prices etc.).

2 minutes ago, Lucjan said:

I think you don't understand what intervention means. Developing isn't an intervention, but i.e. putting market bots into action is intervention (to satisfy enormous demand, stabilize prices etc.).

Then i agree with NQ intervening on this. 

We cant let new players stay behind while big orgs already have battle cruisers. 

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Then i agree with NQ intervening on this. 

We cant let new players stay behind while big orgs already have battle cruisers. 

The game is too hard for you? You don't have everything you want and you are on here crying for NQ to give it to you? Get better. Play more. Recruit some miners, builders, and industrialists to your org which supposedly has people only capable of flying and firing guns whose egos are too large to build a factory to sustain themselves.

If you want to fly around and shoot stuff there are other games for you to play. This is a civilization builder where nothing comes for free. Get used to it.

7 minutes ago, MRog40 said:

The game is too hard for you? You don't have everything you want and you are on here crying for NQ to give it to you? Get better. Play more. Recruit some miners, builders, and industrialists to your org which supposedly has people only capable of flying and firing guns whose egos are too large to build a factory to sustain themselves.

If you want to fly around and shoot stuff there are other games for you to play. This is a civilization builder where nothing comes for free. Get used to it.

Not hard at all for me. I got a org. I got a factory, i got quanta, i got 2 years in dodging bugs. 

What does a new player have? 

5 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Not hard at all for me. I got a org. I got a factory, i got quanta, i got 2 years in dodging bugs. 

What does a new player have? 

A new player is going to have to work to learn and build the game right now. That's the way a start-from-scratch civilization builder works. They won't be able to have everything, and that's a good thing. It'd make the game much less rewarding to spawn in for the first time and just have to mine for quanta and then buy anything you want wherever you want from the bots.

Why do you all want it so easy? Yeah, it was easy for the day 1 exploiters and they are going to get bored real fast. They aren't playing the game with "the rest of us" the way it was intended, there is a reason we all begged for wipes. If you really want to say the economy is broken, that is the reason: people already at endgame who have no incentive to help the rest of us build the world.

2 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

But should not be forced to have industry. 

Okay in your perfect game let's say I want to be a pilot. I should not have to use the markets to get the ship I want, because that would make me a trader, right?

I shouldn't have to refuel my ship, because then I might as well be a gas station clerk.

I shouldn't have to repair my ship if I crash, because then I'd be a mechanic.

I shouldn't have to walk around because I'm a pilot and only want to fly.

I want to arbitrarily specialize and have everything I want while doing nothing I don't want to do. Sounds like a great game Jaoa.