Network Error (Constant disconnections)

Guest DavidisGamingHD

Guest DavidisGamingHD

After completing (almost) the tutorials, I've ventured to the closest moon. Since arriving, I've been getting disconnected after a minute or so (5 times now). 

Noticing people complaining and refunding (comments on Twitter), which is something I really don't want to do. This game has so much potential and so far, shows promise.

Is this error happening for everyone? Are devs updating folk on these issue, if so, where? 

Any help would be great. Cheers!

All kinds of login issues (HTML ERR 100, now 27).

I couldn't make it through the Tutorial yet (I'm at the point the AI tells me stuff about small scale fighters in the basic tutorial). I suppose the login servers are overun / the game is flooded by new guys like me. Never play at release day. :)

I paid my fee and I have not even been able to get on line yet.  I don't mind supporting early games but the time this has been in alpha and now its in beta... yet I cant even get into the game... I have play plenty of low quality alpha games but not been asked to pay for the privilege.  I am not seeking a refund at the current time like you I see potential in the you tube videos I have seen but that is all I have seen so far... 

Yup, I made it to the MOON! Safe Haven, whatever its called since its been awhile since I was able to play and now I get Network Sub Error for the last hour and disconnected before the game fully loads. I go and check the support page where a link to the 'server status' is posted and it takes me to the main page for joining Beta to sub. I'm a Patreon, I'm already subbed. And NO mention of whether server is UP or DOWN.

2 hours ago, Tr33H3rd3r said:

Similar?

NetworkError.png

I'm having the exact same issue. Sometimes I can play for a few minutes but if I try to go back in right after I get this message it usually happens again in about 10 seconds.

Im getting constant network failure disconnection mostly as the game is loading:  "Network Fatal Error Network Sub ISOP, 0 tries remaining Lost HTTP connection
Disconnecting player"    I have gone through all the steps the support page suggests for network errors.    Such high hopes rapidly fading :(

Issues like this are going to happen from time to time in a beta. It's even the sort of thing a classic beta is instituted to test for: problems encountered while scaling load from a small test population. Bear with it and if you can't spare the time to keep trying now, come back in a week and see if things have been calmed down yet. You've paid your 20 bucks; evaluate the ROI after your three months, not after three days.

I agree completely and understand about beta development, but not to be able to log on at all after 3 days?   There is obviously a problem with the server or the login but there is no message to say if the server is up or down so you cant tell if its because the server is down or the problem is something client side.  Am I missing something?  How do we tell if there server is up or down?  

I spent 13 hours yesterday trying to get connected.

Today, managed to get logged in after 2 hours of trying and loading...

had 3 disconnects between the market and the sanctuary planet.  Halfway through the building tutorial, got disconnected and have ended up 180SU from my construct in space.  No reply on discord, no response to the 4 tickets so far.

TBH, the game is going to be amazing if it lives up to expectations, but at this point it absolutely wasn't ready for beta.  So many bugs are occurring which should have been found and tackled by alpha playtesters.

As for the login issues - always over estimate requirements and hardware, because you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Personally, if this was my game, I would cancel the beta, get the login issues resolved, get my list of bugs / issues so far and work through them as they are hugely impacting the game.

THEN launch a closed beta for 1 week.  Get list of issues and resolve them.  Closed beta again for 2 weeks - resolve new list of issues.  

In terms of bug reporting, its  a crapshow.  Tickets not responded to.  No list of issues currently being worked on (causing multiple reports of the same thing).

Dump the beta.  Go back to alpha and resolve the game breaking stuff.

On 8/29/2020 at 12:14 AM, Backer said:

I paid my fee and I have not even been able to get on line yet.  I don't mind supporting early games but the time this has been in alpha and now its in beta... yet I cant even get into the game... I have play plenty of low quality alpha games but not been asked to pay for the privilege.  I am not seeking a refund at the current time like you I see potential in the you tube videos I have seen but that is all I have seen so far... 

I've put down a couple of days in it now and finally lost most of my hard work due to a bug and forced respawn. On top of that sitting hours in cue to connect and worst of all paying real money to do so. 

I got disconnected while relogging (because it hung on a forced respawn) and on the second attempt have been "10th" in the queue for 20 minutes or so. This is pretty much expected behaviour on the first Sunday. The server loads will ramp to pretty much maximum today, with everyone at home because of COVID, rather than away for the weekend or whatever. It's absolutely no surprise that they can't scale server operations fast enough to cope.

We can only hope that it's server hardware limitations, which they can throw money at to resolve, not some basic bottleneck in their netcode architecture that they can't work around.

I ha e been plagued with constant “disconnected from server (disconnected by admin) since beta started.  Nobody seems to know the cause of this error or how to resolve.  After hours of trying to get in I was able to play 2 hours Sunday night. But since then it’s been impossible.

For me it has progressively getting better at launch, Friday evening was horrible with Saturday and Sunday evening slightly better but still bad (pre  evening in gmt+1, game was actually running fine),  weekend op 29/30th, was fairly ok but I did see that the login now takes longer letting 50% of people in from the first weekend (probably a measure to lessen server load), also some actions are delayed (slowed down a bit, again I presume to help the server load). I also noticed the shutdown went from 16h to 18h, again presume they want the restart the server to get a peak performance before western game time peak.

This week, playing only in the evening hours, stability was actually ok to be honest, gameplay feels  a tad slow, but I am seeing progress.