bug riddled mess right now

scotsman

3 hours ago, MRog40 said:

Without saying too much, we knew. Players knew stuff like this could happen. We were worried for beta launch. There is a reason we are all here and so passionate about the game - it is will be great. The player driven economy, massive single shard universe, fully editable and persistent environment, ship building and physics, this game has things that have never been done before. It is incredibly ambitious. And, you're right, it wasn't ready for public beta with a subscription model.

I hope you return at some point and get through the rough edges and into the fun parts.

Believe me I WANT it to work - I think the sense of community that it offers would be great - but this is day two and I am still stuck in space. I can't mine...I can't do anything...I did get a plot stacked before this madness...but there is little else I can do other than wait to be unstuck and retrieved. 

Tutorials should absolutely be the first thing bug proofed before any sort of release. The fact they weren't doesn't speak well for any product. I'm here for a year...there is nowhere to go but up...but so far...I am not impressed in many ways. We will see if the damage can be undone, but I'm afraid right now it will be a major turn off for the players that do get it. 

Current DU tutorials -- are total abomination. 

Long. Boring. Bugged. Placed in worst laggin place in whole game. New players literaly must SURVIVE them. My advice to all new guys -- play (skip) to point of grabbing STU and hovercraft parts and RUN, skip rest of trash and "specialized" ones. Save yourself (at least -- for now, you can return later to feed inner completionist), and don't worry that you don't know anything or missing --  you can learn even in better quality by just asking other players or watching some videous or reading text guides.

Tutorial stage = worst part of game, it goes progressivly better, once you free. And them when you evenrtualy leave Sanctuary -- even more better!

Game generaly like diamond in shit, to grab best part you need to go over bad part. Give it a chance.

13 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

Current DU tutorials -- are total abomination. 

Long. Boring. Bugged. Placed in worst laggin place in whole game. New players literaly must SURVIVE them. My advice to all new guys -- play (skip) to point of grabbing STU and hovercraft parts and RUN, skip rest of trash and "specialized" ones. Save yourself (at least -- for now, you can return later to feed inner completionist), and don't worry that you don't know anything or missing --  you can learn even in better quality by just asking other players or watching some videous or reading text guides.

Tutorial stage = worst part of game, it goes progressivly better, once you free. And them when you evenrtualy leave Sanctuary -- even more better!

Game generaly like diamond in shit, to grab best part you need to go over bad part. Give it a chance.

I would love to - but as I am floating in free space with no ship an no ability to go anywhere - that sir, is a game killer. It's not really excusable as the tutorials absolutely positively need to be bug free before anything else. Again its the first exposure to the game.

I am not the only one stuck in that state by the way. 

It gives lost in space a whole new meaning. 

13 minutes ago, scotsman said:

I would love to - but as I am floating in free space with no ship an no ability to go anywhere - that sir, is a game killer. It's not really excusable as the tutorials absolutely positively need to be bug free before anything else. Again its the first exposure to the game.

Where do you end up when you force respawn, same place in space? If you post your coordinates, I am sure it would be a fun exsersise for someone to try and pick you up.

And make no mistake, I do agree the level of bugs are bad.

12 hours ago, scotsman said:

Good for you - my character is still marooned and free floating in pvp space because there is apparently an issue with exiting the tutorials if you run out of material. I can't do anything but look at a star field...

Can’t you respawn?

Some of us have been playing for three years because we are fine to put up with the issues, because DU gives us something we cant get anywhere else.  The problem is that new players dont get to reach that part because they are put off by these issues, made worse by the fact that:

• Some of the issue are specific to new players, because they are in zones with high load
  • The company need money, so had to open it up, more money = better servers and the game will then run much better (as it did in alpha) but short term, more players = worse performance (catch 22)

DU is 100% my favourite game, I have not played anything else since BETA launched, I 100% understand why the new user experience will put off some players, as will the lack of certain features (such as pvp) but some people will be like me and be happy to put up with the issue because they also see the incredible potential.

Being an ALPHA backer I am lucky and dont have to sub, but if I did have to, I would pay it no problem BUT I know what the game offers, it will be a shame if people leave without seeing that.

I was also affected by the "lost in space" issue.  I used the force respawn feature and lost my items from the tutorial.  When I went back and repeated the tutorial it would not allow me to take more of the items and left me without the materials to build a hovercraft. 

After spending most of my currency to buy the materials from the market for my hovercraft, I fell through the map while teleporting between districts and am now stuck in some kind of underground tunnel.  If I force another respawn, I will lose everything I just bought from the market and I am running out of currency. 

• No forced respawn = stuck
  • forced respawn = no money and no hovercraft  

I would be happy to put up with issues if they were not game breakers.  We need a way of getting our characters unstuck without loosing everything or, at the very least, a way of resetting the tutorial so we can get all the items we need to start playing the game.

Not sure what to do from here.  I'm currently waiting for help from the developers.

5 hours ago, FrenZy said:

I was also affected by the "lost in space" issue.  I used the force respawn feature and lost my items from the tutorial.  When I went back and repeated the tutorial it would not allow me to take more of the items and left me without the materials to build a hovercraft. 

After spending most of my currency to buy the materials from the market for my hovercraft, I fell through the map while teleporting between districts and am now stuck in some kind of underground tunnel.  If I force another respawn, I will lose everything I just bought from the market and I am running out of currency. 

• No forced respawn = stuck
  • forced respawn = no money and no hovercraft  

I would be happy to put up with issues if they were not game breakers.  We need a way of getting our characters unstuck without loosing everything or, at the very least, a way of resetting the tutorial so we can get all the items we need to start playing the game.

Not sure what to do from here.  I'm currently waiting for help from the developers.

same story different location 

4 hours ago, scotsman said:

not without losing my inventory no 

I heard that the "Lose inventory upon respawn" decision was put on ice .... You might want to confirm with someone who has actually respawned to see if they kept their stuff.

4 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

I heard that the "Lose inventory upon respawn" decision was put on ice .... You might want to confirm with someone who has actually respawned to see if they kept their stuff.

My experiance is that dying from crashing does not delete inv, but force respawn does(need a more recent test) 

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

My experiance is that dying from crashing does not delete inv, but force respawn does(need a more recent test) 

Very interesting... I'm not in game now, but my guy died a few of hours ago when he sat in a cockpit of his ship and it spontaneously exploded on the landing pad. I didn't think to check his inventory. Will check tomorrow.... I also have an alt... I will pick up a few litres of iron and force respawn him to see if he keeps his iron...

12 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

The game is all over the place at the moment. I have seen more client crashes, server disconnects and pending operation etc. today then in the last 6 month combined.

Today was pretty rough... Quite a few restarts because of "HTTP error)" or something... Never saw that during the game before (usually saw HTTP errors on login)... I think we can safely say this game and its usage environment are "in flux."

On 8/29/2020 at 1:18 PM, Mbobo2020 said:

I didn't formulate a question per say, everything I said was rhetorical. If my first sentence looked like a question, the answer is no, because I already asked for a refund. I am not paying with my money and time to try to test a product. I could ofc help a beta test, for free at most. But paying it, its insane.

I didn't even bother to get my refund directly from the devs. I filed it on Paypal.. As you said I also would help test it and accept the state it's in but certainly not pay a subscription anymore for something that's not even playable.

17 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

Today was pretty rough... Quite a few restarts because of "HTTP error)" or something... Never saw that during the game before (usually saw HTTP errors on login)... I think we can safely say this game and its usage environment are "in flux."

Yes and they will be having a shit storm for making new "beta testers" paying a monthly subscription. 

Finally got my char pushed back to proper position...but server performance has been abysmal. Stalled login queues and multiple server restarts. I would have to rate the game experience so far as a 2 or 3 out of 10 and that's being charitable to be honest. There is very little use in talking about all the neat features if you can't even log in. I'm at the point of building up a 'home' on the sanctuary moon but at this rate it will be Christmas before I can log in to complete anything. 

Client needs to have an admin mssg board that can keep everyone updated on status and what's going on if there are system issues. Right now its anyone's guess as to what's going on. 

All things considered I am not encouraged at all. The deeper I look at things the more I realize this games is quite literally years behind where empyrion galactic survival is already. I'm not sure many will pay a sub price when they can have their own server in EGS for as many folks as they want for free, as part of a one time game purchase price. The experience has to be worth the economics...the old star wars galaxies before the profession fiasco comes to mind. 

There appear to be some nice features with regards to the markets and such...If they haven't already had an emergency all hands meeting to sort out issues, they better get started. the player experience for new players is not good... 

image.png.ea561aeee62cce813241970c4e111884.png

Ok.. time to take a break for a day or two.

All my containers are now suddenly showing the same content as the single linked container. And if I do something in one container, the same happens in all the others.. So did I just loose a shitload of content, or will it all be back some time later after a server restart?

Regardless it's not worth the frustration at the moment.

18 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Ok.. time to take a break for a day or two.

All my containers are now suddenly showing the same content as the single linked container. And if I do something in one container, the same happens in all the others.. So did I just loose a shitload of content, or will it all be back some time later after a server restart?

Regardless it's not worth the frustration at the moment.

Happened 2 times to me too, it's just the server stuck at the last container, for me just restart and all was good. I believe once the server is upscaled it will work fine.