bug riddled mess right now

scotsman

Exit a tutorial...I am dumped in open space into pvp arena instead of the world I was on (sanctuary moon)...no way back obviously....constant crashes....and I mean hard ones that killed windows and required a reboot. This isn't close to ready for prime time even in alpha IMHO. 

It looks interesting on the surface but at this point I feel its semi-unplayable even in basic exploration of the defined world. 

4 hours ago, RhenKhanhar said:

Let me ask you one question. What is the purpose of a BETA?

So we basically paid subscription to beta test a game. Nice. Should I rewind all those videos where they massively test the network of the game and proudly announced that is working like a charm with thousands of entities on the same shard with no problems? How about let me test the game, and yes, I have paid a sub, but the sub will get active WHEN the game is actual released and is ACTUALLY functional, how about that? You want quality for your penny? start making noise, otherwise shut up and let me make noise for my penny.

10 hours ago, RhenKhanhar said:

Let me ask you one question. What is the purpose of a BETA?

Nobody knows any more. It used to be that an open beta was for finding bugs in an essentially feature-complete game, the kind of bugs that only show up when lots of people are playing on lots of different hardware configurations. During a beta, polishing and improvement of existing features would continue, and maybe one or two small bonus features would get added, but nothing fundamental would change, because change adds bugs, and the beta was there to try and eliminate those before "launch".

Nowadays, it can be anything from a fund-raising exercise to a charged test of an Alpha build by any other name. This game is not the only culprit in "stretching" the definition.

6 hours ago, Mbobo2020 said:

So we basically paid subscription to beta test a game. Nice. Should I rewind all those videos where they massively test the network of the game and proudly announced that is working like a charm with thousands of entities on the same shard with no problems? How about let me test the game, and yes, I have paid a sub, but the sub will get active WHEN the game is actual released and is ACTUALLY functional, how about that? You want quality for your penny? start making noise, otherwise shut up and let me make noise for my penny.

yes you know it before paying it so the answer is easy its YES

2 minutes ago, Pseudolukian said:

yes you know it before paying it so the answer is easy its YES

I didn't formulate a question per say, everything I said was rhetorical. If my first sentence looked like a question, the answer is no, because I already asked for a refund. I am not paying with my money and time to try to test a product. I could ofc help a beta test, for free at most. But paying it, its insane.

1 minute ago, Pseudolukian said:

Then i wish you best luck with a refund of a product that is how it should be in beta ;)

And again you buy in beta you need to know what this means and life with all consequences (if there will be time added for the issues is a other discussion)

This is how YOU think it should be. Not how I think. I guess by the response time on my post you cannot play the game either, I'm I right? Good luck paying someone to let you iron and test their product. I'll may come back later to buy it when it's finished and polished.

r3.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mbobo2020 said:

This is how YOU think it should be. Not how I think. I guess by the response time on my post you cannot play the game either, I'm I right? Good luck paying someone to let you iron and test their product. I'll may come back later to buy it when it's finished and polished.

r3.jpg

Ie, not a beta.

8 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

You might want to hold off until the full game is released if rough software is not your cup of tea. I'm sure the devs are aware of the bugs and are too busy to read these forums... Just put a bug report ticket in.

I did, I've reported every bug encountered with details and relevant screenshots. In the end, when I was crashing every 5 minutes I decided is not worth my money at the moment and submit a refund. I am awaiting a response. I am not afraid to help find bugs in a game, but I wont pay for that with more than time. If they somehow change the subscription policy to extend when the server is stable enough, maybe... but as its currently stands, no.

i'm really enjoying the beta... Had a rough 30 minutes just now, though, with constant kick outs (http error of some kind), but I guess that is what the current patch download i'm doing right now is aiming to address

Hope to see you again when the game is running smooth enough for you!   Good luck with the refund.

Dual should hire some of Amazons Devs , New world runs like a dream seamless even and its only Preview before Alpha even.

3 months lets see how Dual is then . 

About all we can do at the moment.

15 hours ago, scotsman said:

Exit a tutorial...I am dumped in open space into pvp arena instead of the world I was on (sanctuary moon)...no way back obviously....constant crashes....and I mean hard ones that killed windows and required a reboot. This isn't close to ready for prime time even in alpha IMHO. 

It looks interesting on the surface but at this point I feel its semi-unplayable even in basic exploration of the defined world. 

Well, not knowing the directions does not mean that there is no town. 

I assume you started with 200k. You can go to a market and by parts to make a space capable ship just with those 200k.

With that you can explore the system. 

About the bugs, i assume those will be fixed on the next days(serious ones) or weeks (soft ones). 

55 minutes ago, Peaces said:

Dual should hire some of Amazons Devs , New world runs like a dream seamless even and its only Preview before Alpha even.

3 months lets see how Dual is then . 

About all we can do at the moment.

Strange. I’ve been playing for a week. It was running smoothly most of the time. I’ve built a bunch of constructs, mined, traded, bartered and explored with pals, flown into space on someone else’s ship and watched as my dude got over a million skill Points in piloting. 

this is the best and smoothest week Of play I’ve had in a while (the last hour or so was a bit rough, though) .

I managed to log in ok after the update (the queue was 200+, though)

I guess it’s just luck. 

*disclaimer: this is just my anecdote. This is what I have experienced so far, no more no less.. please don’t feel that I’m saying you’re lying or whatever.  I just want people to know that not *everyone* is finding the game unplayable. 

however, my experiences are quite narrow and purely on Alioth, I haven’t flown to other planets or taken part In PvP for example. 

anyway. The more feedback NQ have, the better. 

10 hours ago, Mbobo2020 said:

Couldn’t agree more. I’m trying to do the tutorials but ALL three of the academy ones I’ve tried so far is completely broken. At this stage I regret paying 20$ for this mess

The tutorials are always a players first exposure to the game...broken ones leave a lasting bad impression. So far I would say the one thing the game has going for it is being mmo - otherwise - empyrion galactic survival and its server concept offers a far better and more trouble free game environment for a more limited number of players. Couple that with a much larger universe....and their road to completion appears much closer and more trouble free. No lag as the server(s) live in the community they serve. 

Just calling it the way I see it - this 'beta' was not even close to ready for prime time. I've waited for some time to take a look see...but dual universe has a long long long way to go to even come close to what empyrion already gives. 

3 hours ago, scotsman said:

The tutorials are always a players first exposure to the game...broken ones leave a lasting bad impression. So far I would say the one thing the game has going for it is being mmo - otherwise - empyrion galactic survival and its server concept offers a far better and more trouble free game environment for a more limited number of players. Couple that with a much larger universe....and their road to completion appears much closer and more trouble free. No lag as the server(s) live in the community they serve. 

Just calling it the way I see it - this 'beta' was not even close to ready for prime time. I've waited for some time to take a look see...but dual universe has a long long long way to go to even come close to what empyrion already gives. 

Without saying too much, we knew. Players knew stuff like this could happen. We were worried for beta launch. There is a reason we are all here and so passionate about the game - it is will be great. The player driven economy, massive single shard universe, fully editable and persistent environment, ship building and physics, this game has things that have never been done before. It is incredibly ambitious. And, you're right, it wasn't ready for public beta with a subscription model.

I hope you return at some point and get through the rough edges and into the fun parts.

I just downloaded this today, and couldn't get online, and now I know why - they want people to PAY to play something that sounds like it's still barely playable? NOPE, I've heard this music a hundred times before. No interest in paying a sub to something that doesn't offer real play value yet, only to have the developers reach some point where they are like "Ok, we've milked folks for about what we're going to be able to, starting to put too much actual work to get more sucke.. I mean, "customers" - thanks for the cheddar, PEACE".

Gimme a ring when you have an actual product to sell, Novaquark, not one I have to PAY you to help develop.