Game keep crashing during tutorial

Bayard

Hello,

Everything's in the title: the game crashes each time after 10 to 20 seconds.

Here is my config:

- i7-4770

- GTX 1050 Ti

- 16 gb Ram

- game is installed on a SSD

I tried with low or high settings, it keeps crashing.

Does someone else have the same issues?

Thanks!

I correct myself: the game doesn't crash if I don't move at all. The bug occurs when I'm moving, and fps go down.

It seems to be hardware related but I can't be sure... ?

edit: the game seems more stable if I choose "30" in field of view. With this value you are in a tunnel. It crashed as soons as I increase it to 40.

Hello ! After the last patch I wanted to give this post an update:

- no more problem to log in: perhaps it's because there is less peopls trying to connect.

- loading is faster.

- it seems that I got some more fps (i'm still in the first tutorial)

- I still have random crash when I look to objects or sceneries requiering too much GPU

- the GPU have "spikes" of inactivity, resulting to lower FPS

- then the game suddendly stop working and crash to desktop.

I think the game would be more stable on another planet...

Having the same issue. It's very consistent - the game starts no problem, few frame-rate hitches around the tutorial zone, but within 5-10 minutes the whole thing crashes to desktop. The patch had no effect.

I've made a ticket but yeah - this is frustrating. Performance issues are fair play - it's new and in beta. But a complete inability to play is just ridiculous.

Hello!

I invite you to take a look in the windows event viewer ("Windows Logs", then "System"). You'll have an entry precisely at the time the game crashes.

For my part I got a "Resource Exhaustion Detector", implying a "low virtual memory". After a (very) quick research, it seems that this kind of issues is not linked to a hardware problem, which is quite comforting ?

• 2 months later...

Yes, I had the same problem and for the past several days I have been working through it and here is what I have found. When I allowed Windows 10 to manage my Virtual Memory: Paging File - inevitably DU would crash either while loading or immediately thereafter.

So, I went into Settings => System => About (it's at the bottom of the list on the left column) => Advanced System Settings.  In Advanced System Settings click on Performance Settings and then the Advanced tab. Under Virtual Memory if it is not set to 16384 (16 gig) then click on change. Uncheck the box that says Automatically manage paging file size for all drives and then click the radio button that says Custom Size.   Set initial size to 16384 and Maximum size to 16384 now click Set then the OK button and Windows will now tell you a reboot is necessary. Click out of that and click apply then restart.

My finding is that at least for my system if I allowed Windows to manage it, it would set it higher OR lower than 16gig and DU would crash every single time. At 16gig it works wonderfully and I no longer get any crashes.  Of course it is entirely possible this may not work for you and that this issue is wholly related to my system alone; however, no other programs crash and Win 10 64bit works beautifully with whatever settings I throw at it. DU is the only program I had an issue with until I changed that setting. I truly hope this helps you in some way. Please, let me know if it works for you!

Good Luck!

MySystemSpecs.docx