[FAQ] Anti-cheats and choosing EQU8

NQ-Nyzaltar

3 hours ago, Bobbie said:

On that note: Multiple character slots per account when...?

This was always part of the "deal", yes. It was mentioned early on that one account could be used for three characters.

Personally I'd like to see this as I hardly ever use multiple characters at the same time anyway but have different characters doing very different things.

Frankly, Id go as far as to say that this option could potentially be an incentive for players to (re)sub

I was about to try out this game but it looks like the devs can't/won't, after 4 moths in a pinned thread, answer a simple question about playing multiple accounts at the same time is allowed so I am going to pass. 

From Mornington's post, allowing someone to pay for and play on multiple computers at the same time would give that play an advantage over others making this a pay to win game. I for one absolutely despise pay to win games and there is zero chance that I will try out this game unless this question is answered.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:55 PM, Mornington said:

Could we get an official response to this YouTuber's very public statement about simultaneous two-boxing being allowed, and that he was told by an NQ employee that it was allowed? 

image.thumb.png.b97afc4414848c04ca3a9c46f3e52efc.png

So, rather than reply to a direct question, NQ have edited the post and postdated the edit? 

image.png.68f43ef379859dcf30ac563e229195c3.png

This is not what was written when I asked mid October, but if you look at the 'last edited' section of the OP it is first week October? 

Not helpful.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:35 PM, blazemonger said:

The post is about what EQU8 does or does not allow. It is not about the EULA or TOS for DU

EQU8 will not allow running multiple clients and so you can't run multiple accounts ion the same machine

I would have agreed with this, except that they have changed the rule, so clearly this is not about what EQU8 does or does not allow, those are clearly just settings that NQ implemented, and changed, so that then becomes what NQ allow or don't allow, not just a technical limitation.

Also, the scenario with two people in a household sharing a pc. If they have the same, common login, not designated individual user logins, then you won't know who is accessing whose account. So clearly that part was always about ToS, not a technical limitation aspect of EQU8. As far as I know, EQU8 won't stop me playing DU if I use my friend's IP or pc if I visit him for a week?  

On 11/25/2020 at 4:35 PM, blazemonger said:

Just now, Mornington said:

I would have agreed with this, except that they have changed the rule,

Not really as the launcher has never allowed launching a second client anyway. Frankly I doubt EQU8 has anything to do with it and even if it has, it's setting/action is superfluous

Just now, blazemonger said:

Not really as the launcher has never allowed launching a second client anyway. Frankly I doubt EQU8 has anything to do with it and even if it has, it's setting/action is superfluous

did you re-read the OP? they have changed the rule about multi-boxing - it is allowed

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am somebody who likes to have a clean PC and I really like the game so far. It has been a LOT of fun and I am somebody who also doesnt like unfamiliar programs. Yay me for being that kind of guy. 

Question: I have a tool that i use for monitoring what a program does to my computer. If I have that tool running or if I use that tool to check that Equ8 is not doing anything screwy with my computer, is that necessarily allowed? For instance: this tool allows me to see what permissions the app is using, and other misc things that are not necessarily pertinent. I am not using it to get a favor in the game. 

On 2/4/2021 at 10:03 PM, NewStart101 said:

If I have that tool running or if I use that tool to check that Equ8 is not doing anything screwy with my computer, is that necessarily allowed?

If Equ8 doesn't complain I would deem it to be allowed. If Equ8 doesn't like it and kicks you out than it doesn't matter if it's allowed or not.

• NQ-Naerais unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...

Just logging a vote for no API. 

JC got this right. If you open that up this game will become unbalanced towards programmers. It would hurt the game and lower the player counts. 

Would like to see people who cannot and will not code in this game say they support programmers getting automation advantages. 

Also, NQ what is the policy on deciphering the XML log file? Seen and reported a number of possible exploits from this. Many of the people asking about an API figure out you can get a lot of the stuff you want in a API via this. If NQ's intent is as JC once stated close this out or add further obfuscation.  If the intent like JC's role has shifted, then give us a API. 

10 hours ago, Endstar said:

JC got this right. If you open that up this game will become unbalanced towards programmers. It would hurt the game and lower the player counts. 

I'd say that the massive and extensive API EVE has shows this to be plain incorrect. Many of the excellent and generally very useful tools publically available are helping everyone playing if they choose to use them.

10 hours ago, Endstar said:

Also, NQ what is the policy on deciphering the XML log file?

There is no way NQ can disallow this. If they would not want us to have access to this data they'd have to  encrypt it. It's a plain text file on my computer, I have every right to do with it as I see fit. Tools like this are (again) public and open for anyone to use equally which makes it not an exploit by definition.

Without LUA and API's this game would be even worse of then it already is.

Without LUA pretty much anything the community has been able to create that is actual enjoyable content in this game, would have been null and void.

So the obvious logical conclusion is that more scripting features will translate into more community content and player interactions.

Building and scripting is some of the few things NQ got right in this game. So it is kinda sad to see that NQ is actively hampering players access to those features.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:10 PM, Endstar said:

Just logging a vote for no API. 

Would like to see people who cannot and will not code in this game say they support programmers getting automation advantages. 

Also, NQ what is the policy on deciphering the XML log file? Seen and reported a number of possible exploits from this. Many of the people asking about an API figure out you can get a lot of the stuff you want in a API via this. If NQ's intent is as JC once stated close this out or add further obfuscation.  If the intent like JC's role has shifted, then give us a API. 

Elite Dangerous laughs at you in Codex:

Inara, ED Discovery, EDSM, EDDB, EDTN, DrKaii, ED Board, ED Engineer, Road To Riches, ED Trade Connector, Captain’s Log. 

etcetc. 

Far from scaring people off, the API turned ED from a good game in to an excellent game: a game changer, if you will.