NQ-Naerais

INTRODUCING OUR NEW RECRUIT-A-FRIEND PROGRAM

4 hours ago, Shyning said:

I saw their official statement (e-mail) about it, so it's clarified.
Still, that doesn't answer my query about the "My Products" codes I can share with a friend to allow him to test the Beta.
Is it linked to the Referal ? Is it retro-active (it appears Referal will not be retroactive, but this code actives a permanent account for the Beta, kinda a huge deal then).

The referrer codes are already available btw, they just won't count towards anything apparently. edit: well, when the Referral is properly implemented, the codes given AFTER it is activated will work but supposedly, any account created BEFORE the activation won't count.

Ah good question... and I have no idea.

I kind of wish the devs would respond here more. I'm in a position to potentially refer many players, but don't want to waste my time if the rewards expire at the end of the beta or if I can't claim them if I've never played. I've never actually logged into the game and won't be able to do so for another few months...

Eh, I don't know, I hope you get a response!

2 hours ago, Ademix said:

Is this program working? I cannot find on how to create a referal link.

Referral is not ready yet, they encountered some issues apparently and will update us about it once it's available.
You can get a link right now, but it won't count, ever, so it's pointless at the moment to use it.

It seems like to get a feel for the game, it can take less than a week. I'd say a weeks gametime, then they can sub after, but there should be a warning that after a week, if they do not sub, they're stuff is gone. That is soley to mitigate the potential flood of people that might occur, there's only so much space on that moon...

and what if you dont have friends?? is it poss to get rewards on your own?  no i dont open a sec account for it eather :D  got already alot to do on main account no need for a sec one,. but i would love to get rewards to :(

I'm interested in the game but im not sure how i feel paying 20 bucks to test out the game even tho is kinda affordable , i don't see the benefit of this game have a subscription model? this should be buy to play at this stage....anyway if anyone have a key for me test out for a week or 2 i would appreciate 

But i think this is kinda hard to happen so i have to think about if i should pay for a demo or not , don't get me wrong there is youtube to check out  the game , but ain't the same as you boot yourself in your rig and do your own experiences , you know what i mean...

10 minutes ago, Thakki said:

I'm interested in the game but im not sure how i feel paying 20 bucks to test out the game even tho is kinda affordable , i don't see the benefit of this game have a subscription model? this should be buy to play at this stage....anyway if anyone have a key for me test out for a week or 2 i would appreciate 

But i think this is kinda hard to happen so i have to think about if i should pay for a demo or not , don't get me wrong there is youtube to check out  the game , but ain't the same as you boot yourself in your rig and do your own experiences , you know what i mean...

Hello, I understand the upfront 3 months is kinda high.

However, it is a beta and does not reflect the end game (we are far, far from it for now). If you want to play now to have an idea of what the game will be, you will most likely not have the impression you are expecting as of now.
This game needs a subscription model to survive and cover costs of operation for the servers. They do not want it to be a F2P game with P2W elements, the only viable alternative to this is a sub model. Which is honestly, quite cheap, especially considering you will end up (supposedly) being able to buy it with in-game credits.
No one will hand you a key to test only 1 or 2 weeks. Beta keys from early backers give access to whole beta, from beginning to end. It's a waste to give it to someone who doesn't plan on playing more than 2 weeks. And we didn't get a lot, so they mostly get shared to friends and corporations. In my case I had two of them, handed out one to a friend and the other to a friend from my corporation.
And I was a Gold backer. Most backers ended up with a single key I guess.

For now, I'd recommend you to keep feeding off YouTube videos, the game hasn't yet reached a stage where you would feel satisfied if you are considering whether to pay or not.
At least wait for the graphic improvements, major gameplay overhaul and industry & market improvements. The game has a long way ahead, you don't need to be in a hurry to test it if you can't afford 20 bucks without batting an eye. Wait it out, keep enjoying YouTube content for now and you feel the game has enough to make you invested in it, consider again paying or not.

As of now, we are really debugging the game and testing features, I wouldn't say it is most enjoyable for those who come to "only" play.

22 minutes ago, Shyning said:

Hello, I understand the upfront 3 months is kinda high.

However, it is a beta and does not reflect the end game (we are far, far from it for now). If you want to play now to have an idea of what the game will be, you will most likely not have the impression you are expecting as of now.
This game needs a subscription model to survive and cover costs of operation for the servers. They do not want it to be a F2P game with P2W elements, the only viable alternative to this is a sub model. Which is honestly, quite cheap, especially considering you will end up (supposedly) being able to buy it with in-game credits.
No one will hand you a key to test only 1 or 2 weeks. Beta keys from early backers give access to whole beta, from beginning to end. It's a waste to give it to someone who doesn't plan on playing more than 2 weeks. And we didn't get a lot, so they mostly get shared to friends and corporations. In my case I had two of them, handed out one to a friend and the other to a friend from my corporation.
And I was a Gold backer. Most backers ended up with a single key I guess.

For now, I'd recommend you to keep feeding off YouTube videos, the game hasn't yet reached a stage where you would feel satisfied if you are considering whether to pay or not.
At least wait for the graphic improvements, major gameplay overhaul and industry & market improvements. The game has a long way ahead, you don't need to be in a hurry to test it if you can't afford 20 bucks without batting an eye. Wait it out, keep enjoying YouTube content for now and you feel the game has enough to make you invested in it, consider again paying or not.

As of now, we are really debugging the game and testing features, I wouldn't say it is most enjoyable for those who come to "only" play.

Ok thank your for the clarification

Also i noticed this "Recruit a friend" program is not live yet , im gonna buy the game in a few days from now , maybe monday or thursday mostly for one reason , after i saw some let's play video about dual universe i noticed the Talent tree keeps going even when you're not online , so i was thinking even tho is a beta i think is quite wise to jump in now and queue talent skills even tho im not playing , this is purely to benefit in long run..

im gonna try google around to see what is going on with the referral a friend no being live...once again thanks!

This program is now overdue with NQ's announced timeframe of making this program live. I imagine developers have been focused on the priority issues of server stability and optimization, so from my perspective it is likely reasonable why we have not seen the full implementation of the referral system. Given the circumstances of the missed deadline and lack of further timeframes being put forward by NQ, I am judging the referral system is not just a few weeks away.

It is confusing for me why there hasn't been even the most basic component of the referral program implemented. Has there been any thought within NQ of changing the approach to implementation of the referral program given its overdue status and the importance of ongoing recruitment into DU?

At current, NQ has stated the program is not retroactive, even the mere input of a referrer code. This has caused a range of us to hold off on sending out Beta invites out or even bringing over the larger swathes of some of our communities.

Personally I am not concerned with receiving the in-game rewards right now or even having retroactive rewards. But I would like to at least be able to have it recorded into the account system who I have recruited into the game, allowing future rewards to be applied from a future point in time. I think it would be of benefit to DU to implement the basic component of a referral system ASAP by allowing people to input a referrer code when creating their account.

From my perspective, this would be preferable to the current state of complete ambiguity around the referral scheme and holding off on recruitment of new players. If the basics of it were there, then we could at least have a choice on whether we want to wait for full rewards from the onset, or at least start bringing people into the game and be rewarded further down the line for it.

We can only guess about the goals of the developers. But it seems to me that they do not want to attract a large number of new players to the game, and I approve of that. Because there are too many problems and bugs that can scare new potential players. We have already managed to fall in love with Dual Universe, despite all the current problems, because we are loyal fans. But it will be very difficult to explain to new players why there are so many bugs, why such low performance in Districts, etc.

12 hours ago, GEEKsogen said:

We can only guess about the goals of the developers. But it seems to me that they do not want to attract a large number of new players to the game, and I approve of that. Because there are too many problems and bugs that can scare new potential players. We have already managed to fall in love with Dual Universe, despite all the current problems, because we are loyal fans. But it will be very difficult to explain to new players why there are so many bugs, why such low performance in Districts, etc.

Even if that were the case I feel like they could at least tell us that much. When the project was first getting off the ground everyone was so on edge about pulling a No Man's Sky. They should stick with that approach of transparency we started out with and at least tell us what's going on, we shouldn't need to be guessing about the goals of the developers. The uncertainty is whats unsettling me the most.

You're being too kind.  I followed this game for a long time, telling friends.  That email talking about rewards for recruiting friends tipped me over the edge and had me advertise to my gaming group and family.  I'm not feeling kind about it yet.  Hopefully, they make it right.