NQ-Naerais

INTRODUCING OUR NEW RECRUIT-A-FRIEND PROGRAM

Learn how you can earn cool in-game items and up to 5 months of free game time!

We’re pleased to announce that our new Recruit-a-Friend program, which will arrive at the start of Beta on August 27th, will allow players to earn great in-game rewards every time one of their friends purchases game time. The program is built to reward the total game time purchased by recruits, and not just the total number of players who were recruited. 

As a Dual Universe player, you will be able to get a unique Recruiter link from the new Dual Universe website: when the new website is live on August 27, log in in the header and select the Recruit A Friend sub-page of My account, where your unique link will be available. You can send it directly to your friends, or use the website’s built-in system. 

Once you or your friend creates an account using this unique link, both of your accounts will be linked automatically! However, beware that once an account is linked to a recruiter, this action cannot be undone. Whenever your recruited player purchases game time for the first time, they will receive a special jump-start booster, which includes the following perks:

• 1 Static core unit size XS 
  • 1 Cockpit SKIN
  • 1 Container Hub
  • 2 Container size S
  • A two-seater speeder blueprint to venture in
  • A one-time teleporter for your friend to join you
  • 1 week's worth of talent points to freely distribute

Of course, as a player who invited their friends you also gain lots of cool rewards. Check out the full report here!

FAQ:

I don’t understand how the system works, why doesn’t it just depend on how many friends I recruit to the game?
Since we have a subscription model, we wanted a fair program which would reward our community not only for recruiting new players, but also for recruiting players who stick with us longer. So the program is based on how many cumulative months of game time your friends will purchase: 4 friends buying 3 months of game time will get you the same rewards as 1 friend buying 12 months of game time.

How do I know which rewards I have unlocked?
Simply log in on the website and go to the My Account page. In the “Recruit a Friend” section you can find your unique Recruiter Code, as well as a visualization of the rewards you have unlocked

What happens when I have unlocked all the rewards of the program?
Friends you recruit after you reach 60 months of cumulative game time keep getting their rewards. Plus we keep track of any additional recruits you bring onboard, and you’ll be eligible for future extensions of the program beyond the current 60 month limit.

Can I retroactively recruit a friend who already bought time for the game, or bought an Alpha pack?
Unfortunately, it is not possible. You can recruit a friend who has already created an account but hasn’t purchased any game time yet, however once their initial purchase is complete, your friend can’t be counted towards the rewards of the program.

What happens if a friend I recruited purchased game time while I wasn’t an active subscriber?
You have to be an active subscriber when your friend purchases game time for your rewards to be unlocked. We do not keep track of rewards unlocked when your own subscription is not active, so they are not automatically added once you become an active subscriber again.

What happens if my friend stopped subscribing for a while, and purchases additional game time after this interruption?
As long as you are an active subscriber at the time of purchase from your friend, you will get the rewards according to how much game time your friend purchased.

With Beta on the horizon, now's the best time to get your friends together and explore Dual Universe. And if you're earning great in-game perks while doing so, who'd complain? ;)

The Novaquark team

What happens if I create some alts and recruit them (and pay for their first month of course) just to grab talent boosters or skins?

Is this legal?

Hey, sounds neat! I look forward to spreading the word!

A few questions I had about the referral program:

> When do these rewards (such as in-game items) apply? Are they only received during the Beta version of the game, or will we have access to the rewards once the game officially releases?

> Would these rewards be available to us far in the future? Personally, I won't be available to play DU until well into the Beta. Are these claimable at any time?

> Building on that, how does one claim their rewards? Do they just show up in the inventory?

> I'm wondering about the two parts that say, "Whenever your recruited player purchases game time for the first time" and "So the program is based on how many cumulative months of game time your friends will purchase." Will we, the referrer, receive additional months awarded if someone we referred purchases more game time in the future or do we only receive the months from their initial purchase?

Thanks for your time!
~Sandar

Edit: Found the answers to most of these in the original email.

Edited by Sandar
Found the answers to most of these in the original email.

1 hour ago, Caerus said:

What if I already have unlimited time, what do I do with more playing time?

after Beta, nobody will have unlimited time...there is no lifetime subscribtion.

Wasn't there an e-mail that went out a few days ago saying that you can get your friends in a week early before the 27th Beta? But it seems like this wouldn't be possible until the beta release. I'm even more confused now :(

5 hours ago, Volkier said:

Wasn't there an e-mail that went out a few days ago saying that you can get your friends in a week early before the 27th Beta? But it seems like this wouldn't be possible until the beta release. I'm even more confused now :(

Will we have Refer-A-Friend links to use today with the early Beta Access for backers? I would prefer to give my spare Beta keys to my friends alongside the referral link. It would be short-sighted to not get credit just for inviting them to play early with me.

Hiya Folks,

Its not often I utter such words but....Take Me :-)

To cut a long story short I'm intending to subscribe on the 27th.....

So if anyone wants to send me a 'recruit a friend' link I'll be happy to use it.

TTFN 

Is this going to be one weeks worth of points at 90/min, or at 6/min? 

Cause that is vastly different, and really changes the value of doing this, cause that is 60k points vs 907k points. 

To be perfectly honest most 'recruit a friend' schemes only reward the number of recruits not the *quality* of those recruits which makes them more like pyramid schemes.

This scheme seems to be intended to create an actual player base rather than just superficially bumping up the number of accounts.

So I think credit is due regardless of if it it works or not.

How about our friends that we will be giving out our beta invites to? We paid in advance for them and it won't be until the end of the beta that they will have the need or opportunity to purchase DACs, at which point the jump-start pack will be practically useless. 

How can I recruit someone ? Hell, I'm embarrassed to give my friend the Key that I get as part of the package. When they ask me "hows the game ?" Im gona have to tell them that I have no clue because, for the two weeks Iv owned access I have been unable to actually join.

Mind you, the forum is pretty close behind ;)   Had one of my messages go missing,  did the contact us jobbie...   no reply.  Same with a link from discord to here...  

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/K

Contact us

Contact us...  lolz.. ok.      Not sure how to explain all that to me mate, let alone roping some strangers in on it, for a reward I cant even access. lolz. I cant wait to see what happens tomorrow though 🤣

17 minutes ago, MadmanMac said:

How can I recruit someone ? Hell, I'm embarrassed to give my friend the Key that I get as part of the package. When they ask me "hows the game ?" Im gona have to tell them that I have no clue because, for the two weeks Iv owned access I have been unable to actually join.

Mind you, the forum is pretty close behind ;)   Had one of my messages go missing,  did the contact us jobbie...   no reply.  Same with a link from discord to here...  

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/K

Contact us

Contact us...  lolz.. ok.      Not sure how to explain all that to me mate, let alone roping some strangers in on it, for a reward I cant even access. lolz. I cant wait to see what happens tomorrow though 🤣

It will be part of the new website system. 

I see your account was missing the Alpha flags that give you access to the NDA sections (where your post was moved). I've fixed that for you! 

To be honest.. I'm finding it hard to convince my friends to give DU a go.  The issue seems to be the minimum 3 month subscription..  sure, it's not a lot, but it's also roughly the same price as any other indie game which you get permanently.  Now, I think DU is worth it, but they need to try it before they can be sure. 

I had them convinced to give it a go, under this scheme, for the price of a month's sub. So.. how about a once only one month sub, a "try before you buy" option?

Could you please clarify if the code from the "My Product" page that I can share with two friends (Beta) is related to the Referal program ?

It also seems that the Referal is not yet active according to the main page, while you stated it would be active on the 27th, we are the 29th. Is the referal not working yet or is the page not updated ?

Thanks for your time and answers, have a nice day ! Good luck with this Beta launch.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:18 AM, Shyning said:

Could you please clarify if the code from the "My Product" page that I can share with two friends (Beta) is related to the Referal program ?

It also seems that the Referal is not yet active according to the main page, while you stated it would be active on the 27th, we are the 29th. Is the referal not working yet or is the page not updated ?

Thanks for your time and answers, have a nice day ! Good luck with this Beta launch.

Hey there,

It sounds like this referral program has been temporarily delayed with no definite date on when it'll be up and running. I'm guessing the referrer links will be available upon the official launch of the program.

Best of luck,

~Sandar

18 hours ago, Sandar said:

Hey there,

It sounds like this referral program has been temporarily delayed with no definite date on when it'll be up and running. I'm guessing the referrer links will be available upon the official launch of the program.

Best of luck,

~Sandar

I saw their official statement (e-mail) about it, so it's clarified.
Still, that doesn't answer my query about the "My Products" codes I can share with a friend to allow him to test the Beta.
Is it linked to the Referal ? Is it retro-active (it appears Referal will not be retroactive, but this code actives a permanent account for the Beta, kinda a huge deal then).

The referrer codes are already available btw, they just won't count towards anything apparently. edit: well, when the Referral is properly implemented, the codes given AFTER it is activated will work but supposedly, any account created BEFORE the activation won't count.