Greetings from the ADD MMO player

ghxulie

Hey everyone, just wanted to formally introduce myself. I found DU somehow [think I was burning holes in my pockets when searching for in-development MMOs] when I came across the advertisement for DU on a list. After watching a few videos and reading a few posts and also playing a lot of NMS/Elite Dangerous/and EVE I decided to buy in. I am so happy to find out this game will have/has mechanics and features from almost every genre/game I LOVE. The discord DJ is a nice touch because it brings me back to Counter-Strike Source days where a lot of servers had the FragRadio plug [RIP] and the EvE Radio [fan made featuring players who run a podcast or plays music in hour blocks.] It would be cool if a group of us did that but anyway- I just wanted to say I hope to fight or fight along side many of you. Have great encounters and even take part in politics/roleplay.

I play roughly 30 MMOs with a main 8 I sink hours into. That is kind of insane I know but I love creatively made worlds that allow people to get lost in and be able to almost live a second life without playing the dumpster game of the same name.

If anyone is interested in creating a group or just being friends my discord is slum.wav#4841 . If anyone became interested in creating a radio channel or similar as above named for DU specifically i'd accept any chats.

Or just wanting to play DU during the tests or the Beta.

I play all recent MMOs and most of the 2000's also if anyone is curious.

ghxul signing off.

Hello and welcome.

23 hours ago, ghxulie said:

If anyone became interested in creating a radio channel 

In theory there already is a radio but while that project is still running (there is a radio bot on the official DU discord) not much has happened in the past. 

On 8/11/2020 at 5:50 PM, fabsch412 said:

Hello and welcome.

In theory there already is a radio but while that project is still running (there is a radio bot on the official DU discord) not much has happened in the past. 

I seen that but didn't see how up and running it is or if there was anything coming out of it. The DJ in Discord operates like a Spotify or just a endless playlist of songs where I take inspiration from pirate radio/internet radio. People get vetted that sign up and can maintain a regular schedule of logging in for an hour or two 1 or more days of the week and specified times and either play music or talk about anything. Can also be a DU discussion about progress or experiences or even dig into the forums and in game happenings like the news. Eve-Radio does this similarly but being as it has been going on for years and is on a small scale I figured doing this/attempting it could bring in a lot of the new players. Or it can focus as a Radio Station set entirely in the game and we talk as if we are living in the world. Obviously need to make in-game location for it so it keeps immersion and play music with breaking news from people who send us updates on things that happen in the world. I think I am going to do the latter. I appreciate the welcomes and figured I would clarify my idea a bit more and doing so I rounded out what I am actually going to do.

Thank you NQ-Naerais!