Weight Limit Warning for Hover Craft

adampatarino

Hover crafts (and ships) should show an error if the max weight exceeds their ability to fly. As a new user I thought my hover craft was broken when it refused to moved and I ended up trying to rebuild it causing further issues. Turned out I just had too much in my inventory. 

• 4 weeks later...

There is already a warning right? of a codex entry about "you ship has exceeded the weight limit and will have limited performance." or something.

I would like to see however a total current mass and the limit so it's not a pure guessing game of how much I need to remove.

its not guessing game. in 1G it requires 10 newtons per kilo to lift. if your hover craft is example 10 000 kilos weight with all the cargo and fuel you have inside (total mass is in build mode construct information). you would then need 100 000 newtons in 1G planet. Look your atmospheric flight engineer in build mode and click low altitude lift and see how much your hover engines gives. you need 100 000 newtons of lift preferably more because thats just it can barely lift it then. and 100 000N is 100kN and 1 000 000N is 1MN.