Greifers

My largest concern about this game is the opportunities that griefers will have. I hate pvp, doesn't matter what game it is, FPS, RTS, MMO doesn't matter. I detest the concept on a fundamental level. I plan on building ships, I already have designs for required dozens of players to use efficiently. I also want to build space stations and shipyards. I have absolutely zero interest in participating in any combat, all i want to do is build.  I like the idea of "arena zones" that are specifically for combat. Otherwise players like myself will be griefed endlessly by the more disreputable members of the community. Sanctuary zones need to be more common and easier to make use of.

12 hours ago, Wardonis said:

My largest concern about this game is the opportunities that griefers will have. I hate pvp, doesn't matter what game it is, FPS, RTS, MMO doesn't matter. I detest the concept on a fundamental level. I plan on building ships, I already have designs for required dozens of players to use efficiently. I also want to build space stations and shipyards. I have absolutely zero interest in participating in any combat, all i want to do is build.  I like the idea of "arena zones" that are specifically for combat. Otherwise players like myself will be griefed endlessly by the more disreputable members of the community. Sanctuary zones need to be more common and easier to make use of.

I think the protections in place will protect you greatly. I am sure that if you are peaceful in nature and want to do only building and no combat there are options for you. However limiting pvp to arenas would also cut down on tons of people who like to do PVP or just play to do PVP.  The STU and GTU mechanics talked about offer tons of building options in safe areas. Space stations are the  only real thing that my organization discussed that almost wouldn't be worth building without having sentries on guard at all times. Since space is open pvp. I am interested in other people thoughts on this. 

What a boring game this would be if nothing ever gets destroyed and if the world outside the safezone doesn't feel dangerous. 

It was always advertised as a game where pvp can happen at all time, anywhere except in the safezones. Deal with it and don't try to change it now because you don't like pvp and obviously never bothered to inform yourself what DU is

• 2 weeks later...

The sanctuary moon(s) are here for you if you only want to build. They are considered safe zone, and, if you just want to build, you'll just need some ressources at first to build your first ships.

Then you can sell them, have more ressources, sell bigger ship and start again. You literally would never need to leave safe zone as long as your ships sell even a little.

I know that's what i'll probably do, even tho I plan to make warship.... And some time test them in more "natural" condition.

Everyone can have what they want with the correct systems in place. Whilst some think the game may be boring without 'destroying stuff', what I see of DU so far and the huge time taken to build and successfully design stuff using voxels, the consequences of people randomly 'destroying stuff' can be people losing tens if not hundreds of man hours of work. What is the point of building a palace when the safe option is just 4 walls and a roof to keep some items. So I see maybe the sanctuary moon full of nice buildings and the other planets filled with shacks and ruins. That is kind of boring to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda in the same boat except I played alot of eve, and liked the constant need for new ships...If DU added shield with timers like the citidels in eve it would fix this problem....on both space stations and player built cities. Having a fleet guarding during times where shield is down once day/week/month whatever it is. at a time the person/corporation set it to would help both crafters like us and PvP type. I don't mind building a giant space station that has a chance of blowing up. As is it is now it will blow up and not really worth the time and resources.

I dont see any problem, you dont want to pvp, you can just build, but if you want to build ship..... you restrict yourself to sanctuary if you dont even want to know how pvp work. And DU will be in the long term a pvp everywhere game except for sanctury so your building outside sanctuary zone will be destroyed soon or later. Be prepared to that and adapt to the game as it is not as you want it is.

I belive that a player should be able to opt out of any part of the game, if he is willing to suffer the desavantage. 

Ppl should to opt-out crafting and industry, if they are willing to buy stuff at the price it exists. 

Ppl should be able to opt-out pvp if they dont mind being stranded on a safezone waiting for freight ships to sell them the high tier ore they need. 

The pvp free zones serve 2 proposes 

1 so ppl can have 1 tile to park their constructs. 

2 so new players can have a start without being immediately shot down. 

Having 1 single sanctuary moon already serves this propose. 

I do think the starter area should be alioth and all its moons. But i dont agree with pvp free zones in every planet. 

I agree dont remove pvp aspect of the game, since as previous mentioned DU has always been shown as a pvp oriented game - as in the chance to get attacked is high - if you dont like it, make a organisation that patrol between planets / whatever and protect it as if it was RL. :p 

I think pvp is definitely needed for a game like this but I do think it's fine the way it currently is. (Specifically talking about the current safe zone area)

Else, you are effectively saying for folks that dont want to participate in pvp, that they're restricted to just 1 hex for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 2:08 PM, Reggs27 said:

I think pvp is definitely needed for a game like this but I do think it's fine the way it currently is. (Specifically talking about the current safe zone area)

Else, you are effectively saying for folks that dont want to participate in pvp, that they're restricted to just 1 hex for the most part. One hex? The safe zone is massive. If anything they need to remove it, and confine the safe zone to being just the moon.  :P