Terraform fill hole tool

Freddo1083

As holes are made in the ground for mining it would be nice to have the ability to fill holes and gaps in terrain voxels via a terraform fill hole tool. There would need to be limitations around its use above ground though to prevent entire constructions out of terrain being abused by ownership mechanics.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:45 AM, Freddo1083 said:

As holes are made in the ground for mining it would be nice to have the ability to fill holes and gaps in terrain voxels via a terraform fill hole tool. There would need to be limitations around its use above ground though to prevent entire constructions out of terrain being abused by ownership mechanics.

I would love this addition for the ability to pretty up areas. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2020 at 4:26 PM, Freddo1083 said:

discovered that fill tool is actually alt click when using dig tool and you have dirt equipped as a material.

i feel pretty dumb now lol

This does not work.
Alt click with Dig tool does nothing. There is no "soil" or sand or whatever equipped.

9 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

This does not work.
Alt click with Dig tool does nothing. There is no "soil" or sand or whatever equipped.

It does work.

Select your mining tool (2), open inventory, dbl-click or drag a non-important pile of soil/sand/rock/snow to the side bar. Then holding alt and clicking lets you place a blob down. Ctrl-scrollwheel allows you to change the size of the blob being put down based on your talent for mining tool size.

Don't see the point in necro'ing a post with false information.

• 4 weeks later...

Since this is the thread I found when I searched for information on how to fill holes in terrain, I thought I'd add this tid-bit which may prove useful for new players such as myself:

By default, the mining tool (tool #2) is set to gather only valuable ores. You can also gather non-valuable ores (a.k.a. Soil, Forest Soil, Sand, etc.) by opening the tool interface (select the tool -> open inventory with "i"), then on the top right hand area is a button you can click to enable the gathering of non-valuable ores while you use the tool.

Hope this helps.