Download Size / Install Options

bucrepus

Does anyone know the current approx. download size of DU? I am getting ready to pledge and have a limited data at home. Can the installer be downloaded offline and installed via a USB stick or the sorts? I may can download it at work and install it on my home computer.

Thanks for the help..

While exact specs of the game are currently under NDA and can not be discussed here, as a general rule with most games, the first stage installer is just a small file that installs the infrastructure for the game to patch in the rest of the install. It sometimes works to install those sorts of games on One PC and then transfer the installed folder onto another PC and rerun the installer to bypass a long download. That may or may not work for you for many games.

Ok. I apoligize for asking; I didn't know the NDA covered the game install size. I can't really download more than about 15-20GB at home at one time. I was hoping for an offline install of sorts or a install that wasn't huge. I've also downloaded Star Citizen and some Steam games at work and took the directory home and got it to work with just a few steps and verifications. I was hoping for the same here. Thanks again for the reply..