Game Controller support

Hi Dual Universe Devs, I'm a guy coming from playing game console, but would like to play Dual Universe when it goes to beta. I saw one of your live streams, and you said Dual Universe will not make it way to consoles, and I'm OK with that, but i would like to know if the game will have game controller support. I know a lot of other PC guys will jump on here and make the argument that Dual Universe has a lot of key strokes to play the game, and a game controller does not have enough buttons to hit those keys, but that would not so untrue. I have come from playing PC games like Space Engineers, and Star Citizen. Both games support game controllers, and their keybindings are a lot, but some how i can play both games with a controller without having to use my keyboard for everything. So i know it is possible if the Devs want to give us this options. I'm a huge fan of games like this and would really like to play Dual Universe, but the cost of not having controller support is a huge blocker for me. I would really like you to consider adding control support for player like me who are not very good with using keyboard and mouse to play PC games.

I hope i hear from you guys about this thanks for listening to my feedback.

On 8/3/2020 at 8:34 AM, juniorwm said:

Hi Dual Universe Devs, I'm a guy coming from playing game console, but would like to play Dual Universe when it goes to beta. I saw one of your live streams, and you said Dual Universe will not make it way to consoles, and I'm OK with that, but i would like to know if the game will have game controller support. I know a lot of other PC guys will jump on here and make the argument that Dual Universe has a lot of key strokes to play the game, and a game controller does not have enough buttons to hit those keys, but that would not so untrue. I have come from playing PC games like Space Engineers, and Star Citizen. Both games support game controllers, and their keybindings are a lot, but some how i can play both games with a controller without having to use my keyboard for everything. So i know it is possible if the Devs want to give us this options. I'm a huge fan of games like this and would really like to play Dual Universe, but the cost of not having controller support is a huge blocker for me. I would really like you to consider adding control support for player like me who are not very good with using keyboard and mouse to play PC games.

I hope i hear from you guys about this thanks for listening to my feedback.

I don't personally play with controller but I know a ton of people in my organization strictly like to play games with controllers. Even Star citizen for example lol. I hope controller support is on the pipeline. 

• 2 weeks later...

If the space and flight PvP aspect of Dual Universe is to be taken seriously, we'll need to see controller and joystick/hotas support.  Once beta launches I am going to get my hotas setup using key2joy, keyboard flight controls flat out suck.

Agreed. For games involving flight complexity using keyboard commands are unrealistic, totally lacking in immersion and do not allow for the accuracy of flight required particularly in PvP. Surely it cannot be that hard to incorporate an interface for joystick/controller?

• 1 month later...

Ok i see very limited support for game controllers, but they did not give us the full ability to map all the keys to my controller. It is really dumb that they greyed out the left click and right click on the mouse mapping so i can't map those buttons to my controller to do simple mining with it. I mean really i payed for 3 months for a game i can't really play because they refused to give us the full options to play the game the way we need to. I really don't see a reason to grey out those options.

• 2 weeks later...

its rediculous they don't need to add support they just need to allow us to keybind the action buttons. i can keybind everything but the mouse buttons to my controller. quite pointless if i cannot put A as my action button. but it allows me to keybind movement to the joystick axis, why allow some but not all. its such a tease and it irritates me tbh. such a simple ingame coding, allow keybind of actions.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:44 PM, Tylr666 said:

its rediculous they don't need to add support they just need to allow us to keybind the action buttons. i can keybind everything but the mouse buttons to my controller. quite pointless if i cannot put A as my action button. but it allows me to keybind movement to the joystick axis, why allow some but not all. its such a tease and it irritates me tbh. such a simple ingame coding, allow keybind of actions.

I agree. It's so dumb that they refuse to allow us to make that change. I really don't see the point on why it is greyed out. Will changing those key break the game? If so that's a really poor design of a game. I really feel like i have waste my money support a game I can't even play for 6 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

i am left handed and ALL gaming mice and keyboards are for right handed only - here i can't even switch left and right mouse button. that and no controller support is a no-go!

in the name of all left-handed: please add this as soon as possible!

(otherwise i have to believe you hate handicaped people and veterans)