Pick up items

Leosg1

Hii let's say Im building a ship on the ground, half way I decide to move and build somewhere else, is there a pick up option to pickup all the material, items and core back to my inventory?

On 8/2/2020 at 10:06 AM, Leosg1 said:

Hii let's say Im building a ship on the ground, half way I decide to move and build somewhere else, is there a pick up option to pickup all the material, items and core back to my inventory?

I think you could also blueprint it and pick all the material  up off the construct, then say you could go to another planet and put that blue print down with all the material from your inventory from your construct blueprint. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate,

If you are moving to a spot close by, using the maneuver tool (7 by default) is probably a better option than disassembling everything.

If you want to move to a spot far away, you can blueprint it (in build mode right click any part of the ship and hit "P" of click on "Create Blueprint") and deploy it at the new location (select tool 8, equip the blue print, which has to be in the same inventory as the materials you will need to deploy it, a blue box will appear, that is you construct volume. aim at the floor and click. the construct will pop up).

When in build mode, to disassemble you construct (pick an element and put it back into your inventory or linked container) you need to:

- Select the "deploy element tool" (1 by default), aim at the element;

- Hold alt and click on it.

For voxels:

- Select the "Select voxel tool", 7 by default.

- Select everything and hit delete.

- Alternatively, select the "deploy voxel tool", hold alt, select an area and click.

The elements/voxels will go to your current active inventory, be it your Nanopack or a linked container. You need to have enough free space in whichever.

ps holding alt and clicking reverts the behavior of most of the tools

pss I suggest you join the discord channels to get just in time help from other players/orgs.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, sirfireknight said:

How can i pick the core back up... i messed up can cant seam to pick it back up

I don't know if you have resolved your situation, but you need to make sure that you have removed everything before removing the core (with the move tool and alt key)