Running DU multiple times on same hardware

Cephie

Hi,

I am wondering if you guys have ever thought about allowing players to run multiple copies of DU on the same machine, rather than a VM or on another system. I know some other MMO's allow this and seeing how some have multiple accounts, is this something you guys would consider looking at and even introducing?

Many thanks.

Cephie

if you have a second PC you can do that, but DU will not run 2 times on the same PC
play together with others and help make multiboxing useless
the challange is to find enough people to play with so you dont need to multibox
its much more effective than try to play DU two times or more at the same time...
Im just curious how this would look like in Star Citizen or Counter Strike xD
i really dont know why anyone would do that

2 minutes ago, BiGEdge said:

if you have a second PC you can do that, but DU will not run 2 times on the same PC
the challange is to find enough people to play with so you dont need to multibox
its much more effective than try to play DU two times or more at the same time...

I love playing with others, that's why I play online games. I know DU will not run twice on the same PC, that's why I asked here if they have considered it, it will make it easier. SC and CS are two totally different games, one being FPS and the other an MMO, so I am unsure why your trying to say about CS.

As far as being effective, I totally disagree with your statement and its my own business on how I want to play :). Each to their own I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 5:51 PM, BiGEdge said:

There are ways of playing DU on the same PC. You just have to have knowledge on how to do it. I personally don't run alts ever just because its too much for me and I don't like doing it. However I know people could use virtual boxing and VPN's within the box. I've had it explained to me how they could bypass the systems in place easily. I wonder if in the future if someone was found out to being doing that would it be a strike against their account or would it just become something accepted. If someone can multibox in star citizen then they got to have a awesome PC or multiple though for SC and CS I don't see a reason why you  would want to multibox at all. In DU I could see it being useful for people that don't play in groups. Personally though I don't think its going to be a big issue.