Offline building / ship editor?

Rareish

I know it's a little late with the beta coming but I still think people would use it. Just an offline mode attached to the launcher, a large or infinite blank room where you could sandbox build and test ships for center of mass / thrust and flight issues, and then save those blueprints for use in the live game. I was just thinking how nice it would be to work on some of my idea between alpha tests but it might also be nice to have during the beta and beyond.

Sorry if this has already been suggested before.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, as you know, demand creates markets, so if demand were significant enough they would have to try and find a solution. I think it is a good idea. Building structures/ships is a VERY time consuming labour and it would be great if work could continue offline. I do not think it will be available anytime soon though.

It also beggars belief that you have to be able to spawn an element before you can produce the design of a construct that element is going into. Have they no CAD, in the Dual Universe.

Restrict it to "within the client". Restrict it to "logged in and in-world" (I see no advantage, personally to having it stand alone from the DU world, but permit people to throw components together before they've acually built them. Please? 

• 2 weeks later...

tbh i would love it even if it was a separate download and you couldn't transfer the bp over, just if you could experiment a build to get a idea for the amount of engines etc you need to lift X amount of weight etc. 

Even if someone did it as a 3rd party like fortify is for rust.

On 7/17/2020 at 8:58 AM, Knives said:

they said they wont be doing this

Where?

On 8/18/2020 at 7:39 AM, Kezzle said:

It also beggars belief that you have to be able to spawn an element before you can produce the design of a construct that element is going into. Have they no CAD, in the Dual Universe.

Restrict it to "within the client". Restrict it to "logged in and in-world" (I see no advantage, personally to having it stand alone from the DU world, but permit people to throw components together before they've acually built them. Please? 

Yeah, it only makes sense. Highly needed feature.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely make use of this feature!

I constantly get new design ideas that would take days and weeks to tryout (especially for a new player).

I'm quite sure such a feature would accelerate the market with lots of new great ship designs.